• 43(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Do you know if the information just gets lost on playback initalization but the listitem in the dynamic container is holding the information? Or isn't it applied to the listitem in general? 
If it's the first one it could be related to the same issue with the wrong assigned playlist. 

I hope you will find the root of the issue. Most of playbacks are going to be started from widgets nowadays and it would be a pita if this would not work.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2020-01-14, 23:28)sualfred Wrote: Do you know if the information just gets lost on playback initalization but the listitem in the dynamic container is holding the information? Or isn't it applied to the listitem in general? 
If it's the first one it could be related to the same issue with the wrong assigned playlist. 

I hope you will find the root of the issue. Most of playbacks are going to be started from widgets nowadays and it would be a pita if this would not work.
I've investigated it see https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/issues/62. The information is not properly retrieved from the database. It looks like I'd have to add media import specific code to the playback starting logic which I very much dislike. Or I'd have to touch and change methods which are used in lots of places all around the codebase which I don't like either...
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2020-01-14, 23:42)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 23:28)sualfred Wrote: Do you know if the information just gets lost on playback initalization but the listitem in the dynamic container is holding the information? Or isn't it applied to the listitem in general? 

I've investigated it see https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/issues/62. The information is not properly retrieved from the database. It looks like I'd have to add media import specific code to the playback starting logic which I very much dislike. Or I'd have to touch and change methods which are used in lots of places all around the codebase which I don't like either... 
OK I may have found a non-intrusive fix. It will be part of the next test builds.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Montellese:

LibreELEC builds based on kodi master (93974255113cab52004b82bc04bb73e9b601f853) + media_import_rebase_20200101 (perma link).

#0114w: RPi, RPi2, Generic

Upgrade log if you need it: http://ix.io/27qS
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Montellese
  • Is it possible to include the MediaImport repo in the builds. I recall the addons were in at one point. Including the repo would simplify the initial setup for new users
  • On this one I may speaking about something that I don't know, but, here goes. I noticed that in the fix for the widget your were replacing a function that was parsing the path to obtain an itemID. IIRC the path is suppose to be the ID. DynPath was introduced so that the path passed to the player can change but Path would never change. At least, that was my understanding when FernetMenta did the DynPath changes.

Cheers,
LongMan
(2020-01-15, 03:30)LongMan Wrote: Is it possible to include the MediaImport repo in the builds. I recall the addons were in at one point. Including the repo would simplify the initial setup for new users
That's a good idea. I've added repository.mediaimport to the pre-installed add-ons. I guess this should lead to the mediaimporter add-ons being automatically updated after a fresh installation.
It should. I will test it at the next build.

On another matter, does the direct play feature allow us to play strm files?
(2020-01-19, 01:52)LongMan Wrote: It should. I will test it at the next build.

On another matter, does the direct play feature allow us to play strm files?

I have no idea. In the current implementation the add-on checks if Kodi can access the actual path of an item through its VFS. If it can it will use Direct Play otherwise Direct Stream.
@Montellese can you trigger a new round of test builds? Tested mediaimporter.plex (master) on your last test build (on android) but its failing with methods not available on the mediaimporter API.
I have started new test builds at https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Automation/...hoice/337/. I have also tagged the (more or less) latest versions of mediaimporter.emby and mediaimporter.plex and updated their versions in the repository.mediaimport.

PS: Can anyone tell me if I also have to update the version of the add-on repository if one of the add-ons it contains is updated? Or do I only have to update the add-ons and the addons.xml?
(2020-01-21, 23:10)Montellese Wrote: I have started new test builds at https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Automation/...hoice/337/. I have also tagged the (more or less) latest versions of mediaimporter.emby and mediaimporter.plex and updated their versions in the repository.mediaimport.

PS: Can anyone tell me if I also have to update the version of the add-on repository if one of the add-ons it contains is updated? Or do I only have to update the add-ons and the addons.xml?
No, you only need to bump the repository version if the repo itself has changes (e.g. url change)
@Montellese the branch link in post #2 is incomplete - I assume you're using 20200120 now?

I sincerely hope the submodules don't make their way upstream - they're the devils spawn (not everyone builds Kodi out of a git repo). Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2020-01-22, 01:23)Milhouse Wrote: @Montellese the branch link in post #2 is incomplete - I assume you're using 20200120 now?
Correct I rebased on Sunday.
(2020-01-22, 01:23)Milhouse Wrote: I sincerely hope the submodules don't make their way upstream - they're the devils spawn (not everyone builds Kodi out of a git repo). Smile
They are only there for convenience for me and for testing (see @LongMans request further up). The commit messages of the commits that add the submodules start with "[TEMP]" because they will be removed. We are not going to ship Kodi with default media importer add-ons installed anyway.
(2020-01-22, 01:56)Montellese Wrote: Correct I rebased on Sunday.
Thanks, although the first link to the branch is currently broken (missing the 2 of 20) which is why I wasn't sure which branch you were using...

(2020-01-22, 01:56)Montellese Wrote: They are only there for convenience for me and for testing (see @LongMans request further up). The commit messages of the commits that add the submodules start with "[TEMP]" because they will be removed. We are not going to ship Kodi with default media importer add-ons installed anyway.

Good to hear. Smile

Here are new LibreELEC builds based on the current 20200120 branch (latest kodi master a66cb5e708cd0b74628986b72280dda39073c6f3):

#0121w: RPi, RPi2, Generic
@Montellese 

Tested the new ones but widget playback has not been changed on my end.
And playback reporting on the server is also not working. Somtimes I see "started playback of XXX" and then it's stopped on the server within a sec without stopping it on Kodi. Sometimes it's nothing reporting at all.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/VTFfjsHGsd/
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10