XBOX MySQL Database Issue | Not Syncing with consol app
Exclamation 
Hi,

I have been trying to get the xbox one version of Kodi 18.5 to sync my watch status etc with the MySQL server i have running.
I have copied my advacedsettings.xml across to the User Data folder on the xbox however, it's not syncing the information correctly.
I would also like to check the log file but unable to find where the log file is kept on the xbox through the file manager in kodi.

I have also got 2 raspberry pi's and HTPC (windows 10) running the exact xml file and they all work with no issues.

So if some one could assist with getting this to work, that would be much appreciated.

Note: i have checked information in the following thread: 326264 with no success to some mentioned info
You can install the Kodi Log Uploader add-on, so you can provide details on your MySQL setup and where things possibly go wrong. Maybe the Xbox is simply using an older database version.
(2020-01-25, 02:00)Klojum Wrote: You can install the Kodi Log Uploader add-on, so you can provide details on your MySQL setup and where things possibly go wrong. Maybe the Xbox is simply using an older database version.

Thank you for your response.
Looks like i have resolved my issue for now.

I logged into MySQL server via PHPMyAdmin and for some reason the xbox was creating a separate database and ignoring the name in the xml file and added the version number on top of it's self again. So basically instead of being MyVideos116 it created another one called MyVideos116116.

I resolved this issue by going into the advancedsettings.xml file i have saved on the network share and changing the name from MyVideos to Kodi. I then launched kodi on the windows machine and uploaded the new xml file, restarted kodi and allowed for it to create the new database name.
After confirming the creation of the database was correct, i then uploaded the new xml file onto the xbox and it's not syncing correctly.

I can however confirm that the latest version of kodi on xbox is using the current database version.
(2020-01-25, 02:39)Fallen Soull Wrote: So basically instead of being MyVideos116 it created another one called MyVideos116116.

Yes, Kodi adds the correct version number to the database name, no need to do that manually in the advancedsettings.xml file. Smile

(2020-01-25, 02:39)Fallen Soull Wrote: i then uploaded the new xml file onto the xbox and it's not syncing correctly.

Not, eh? Then we would still like to see the contents of that log file.
If you could upload it somewhere on a pastebin website, that'd be great.
(2020-01-25, 02:57)Klojum Wrote: Not, eh? Then we would still like to see the contents of that log file.
If you could upload it somewhere on a pastebin website, that'd be great. 
Would you have instructions on how to go about getting the logs from the console version?
You stated it was an add-on in a previous post.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Database Issue | Not Syncing with consol app0