Linux No ethernet connection on open OpenELEC
I recently installed OpenELEC linux and Kodi on a PC previously running Windows 7 and streaming through google chrome. Now the machine will not connect to the internet on the same ethernet connection that was working before OpenELEC and Kodi were installed. 

-- Network Settings --
Link: Not Connected
MAC address: [blank]
IP address: [blank]
Subnet mask: [blank]
Gateway: [blank]
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

I have no idea what to do to get this machine online. I plan to RAID some harddrives to have local storage, but I can not stream anything until then.
OpenELEC is abandoned and not supported on this forum. Please move to LibreELEC
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-26, 07:28)woses21 Wrote: I plan to RAID some harddrives to have local storage, but I can not stream anything until then.

Neither OpenELEC or LibreELEC will support RAID setups. So whatever you are planning, you will have to 'uncouple' your RAID storage from your LibreELEC client.
(2020-01-26, 12:24)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-01-26, 07:28)woses21 Wrote: I plan to RAID some harddrives to have local storage, but I can not stream anything until then.

Neither OpenELEC or LibreELEC will support RAID setups. So whatever you are planning, you will have to 'uncouple' your RAID storage from your LibreELEC client. 
Oh, thanks for saving me time and money with the heads up!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No ethernet connection on open OpenELEC0