Modifying included fields in the NFO
Hi,

Up until now all of my movies have been located in a single directory, but I understand from reading online that Kodi doesn't really support using MPAA or other ratings as a means to filter what content is available.  I believe that what I need to actually do is split the content into different folders and then use the profiles to only add the folders that are relevent for the profile.

I'm based in the UK so our movies are typically categorised like this:

U (Universal) - For everyone
PG (Parental Guidance) - Pretty much for everyone
12 - Over 12 years old only
15 - Over 15 years old only
18 - Over 18 years old only

We have a daughter who turns 15 in a month or two's time so we want to give her access to everything apart from those movies rated 18.  For the sake of control I will most likely split the movies up into a folder for each rating.

However, here is the challenge.  I have somewhere in the region of 4000+ movies and I don't fancy sorting them by hand.  I have Ember configured to write the content and NFO to the same folder as the movie.

My question: Is it possible to edit the configuration to include the UK age rating in the NFO file?  If so then I can write a script that will read the NFO and use the data to move it to the correct place.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pete
I think TMDb provides the UK rating for most of all movies. Ember supports scraping of "certifications" from TMDb. Ember also support to filter the certification to UK only and you can let Ember write this value als MPAA. Also you can use the MPAA value in the renamer to create to move movies into a MPAA specific directory. I whould solve it in this way:
  • Create a directory "Movies" on your server/NAS/whatever
  • Create a subdirectory for each rating in that folder, e.g. "Movies\U", "Movies\PG", "Movies\12" and one for "not rated" movies e.g. "Movies\NR"
  • Add every subfolder you want as own source in the Kodi profile(s)
  • Add the directory "Movies" (NOT the subfolders) as source in Ember
  • Set the renamer (Settings => Modules => Renamer) in Ember to Directory pattern: $B\$M\$T {($Y)}
    $B = Base path = source path
    $M = MPAA value
    $T = Title
    {($Y)} = Year in bracket if available
  • Set the File pattern to: $T (or what you want)
  • Set the renamer to "Auto" for all 3 options
  • Set "Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data => Scraper Fields - Global => Certifications: Enabled, Limit: UK
  • Set "Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data => Certifications => Use certifications as MPAA: Enabled
  • Set "Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data => Certifications => Value if no Rating is available: NR (for "not rated")
Than rescrape a few movies (or rescrape "certifications only") and check if Ember has renamed/moved your movie to the correct folder.

If you only want to write the certification to the NFO as MPAA value then you only have to enable the settings I listed above.
(2020-01-27, 16:30)DanCooper Wrote: I think TMDb provides the UK rating for most of all movies. Ember supports scraping of "certifications" from TMDb. Ember also support to filter the certification to UK only and you can let Ember write this value als MPAA. Also you can use the MPAA value in the renamer to create to move movies into a MPAA specific directory. I whould solve it in this way:
  • Create a directory "Movies" on your server/NAS/whatever
  • Create a subdirectory for each rating in that folder, e.g. "Movies\U", "Movies\PG", "Movies\12" and one for "not rated" movies e.g. "Movies\NR"
  • Add every subfolder you want as own source in the Kodi profile(s)
  • Add the directory "Movies" (NOT the subfolders) as source in Ember
  • Set the renamer (Settings => Modules => Renamer) in Ember to Directory pattern: $B\$M\$T {($Y)}
    $B = Base path = source path
    $M = MPAA value
    $T = Title
    {($Y)} = Year in bracket if available
  • Set the File pattern to: $T (or what you want)
  • Set the renamer to "Auto" for all 3 options
  • Set "Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data => Scraper Fields - Global => Certifications: Enabled, Limit: UK
  • Set "Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data => Certifications => Use certifications as MPAA: Enabled
  • Set "Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data => Certifications => Value if no Rating is available: NR (for "not rated")
Than rescrape a few movies (or rescrape "certifications only") and check if Ember has renamed/moved your movie to the correct folder.

If you only want to write the certification to the NFO as MPAA value then you only have to enable the settings I listed above. 
Thanks Dan.  I'll give it a try :-)
Worked like a charm.  Huge thanks @DanCooper .

I suspect i'm massively under utilising Ember.  I really do need to dig into what other functionality it has.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifying included fields in the NFO0