• 33(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-01-25, 20:20)jaxter Wrote:
(2020-01-25, 17:48)otic Wrote: there’s an option in kodi: keep sending low signal over hdmi- sth like that, maybe that helps...

This is my first tme usng coreelec, is the option also available on it 

Yes, it is. But if I recall, this option didn't help me. I have an LG C9 and my N2 would randomly switch HDMI inputs on me, whether I was on NetFlix TV app or a completely different HDMI input. I turned Off CEC on CoreELEC, problem solved. To me, CEC was causing me more problems than anything. I also leave my box on all day long so I didn't see a need for it.
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
(2020-01-28, 22:11)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2020-01-25, 20:20)jaxter Wrote:
(2020-01-25, 17:48)otic Wrote: there’s an option in kodi: keep sending low signal over hdmi- sth like that, maybe that helps...

This is my first tme usng coreelec, is the option also available on it  

Yes, it is. But if I recall, this option didn't help me. I have an LG C9 and my N2 would randomly switch HDMI inputs on me, whether I was on NetFlix TV app or a completely different HDMI input. I turned Off CEC on CoreELEC, problem solved. To me, CEC was causing me more problems than anything. I also leave my box on all day long so I didn't see a need for it. 

all my problems were down to cec, i noticed when i lifted my projector screen up my LG tv was on so next time i watched a movie on the projector i unplugged the tv completely and had no problems.
I would like to disable cec and get the power button on the a2 mini lite remote working, i have seen instructions for both on this thread but as a newb it is beyond me if anyone has another method for dummies please help a brother out.
Why don't you then disable CEC on your TV ? It's called "SimpLink" and very easy to disable...
After that disable CEC in Kodi settings, that is also no nuclear science: Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC
(2020-01-28, 23:28)Sholander Wrote: Why don't you then disable CEC on your TV ? It's called "SimpLink" and very easy to disable...

I personally didn't go this route because I also have other devices that play nice with my TV's CEC. The N2's CEC on the other hand simply wasn't playing nice.
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
(2020-01-28, 22:44)jaxter Wrote: I would like to disable cec and get the power button on the a2 mini lite remote working, i have seen instructions for both on this thread but as a newb it is beyond me if anyone has another method for dummies please help a brother out. 

If you're running CoreELEC on your N2, take a look at this guide. It's made for newbies...
(2020-01-28, 23:28)Sholander Wrote: Why don't you then disable CEC on your TV ? It's called "SimpLink" and very easy to disable...
After that disable CEC in Kodi settings, that is also no nuclear science: Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC

it didn't even occur to me to disable simplink cheers
(2020-01-29, 00:01)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2020-01-28, 22:44)jaxter Wrote: I would like to disable cec and get the power button on the a2 mini lite remote working, i have seen instructions for both on this thread but as a newb it is beyond me if anyone has another method for dummies please help a brother out. 

If you're running CoreELEC on your N2, take a look at this guide. It's made for newbies...

Thanks will have a nosy
Thanks for the help guys with getting ON/OFF with Remote working via SSH'ing in and and editing config.ini with Nano etc btw.

Once I got that sorted on the N2 I bought before Christmas and given I am very very happy with this nippy silent tiny little box, well I just ordered another 4 for other rooms in the house to replace our ancient 2010 vintage Arctic MC001 Atom based Kodi boxes. 3 of them will be connected to the Gigabit wired network but one needs to be wireless. I had a spare TP-LINK USB WIFI dongle and decided to test it on the N2 I already have. Its not detected or powered up when plugged into the N2. Am I doing something wrong. Do I have to enable the rear USB ports by SSH'ing back into the box and enabling something in config.ini like I had to to get remote power on/off working?
Also, How do I transfer some background images onto the N2's Picture folder to use in Kodi?
(2020-02-05, 18:06)calibos Wrote: I had a spare TP-LINK USB WIFI dongle and decided to test it on the N2 I already have. Its not detected or powered up when plugged into the N2. Am I doing something wrong. Do I have to enable the rear USB ports by SSH'ing back into the box and enabling something in config.ini like I had to to get remote power on/off working?
If your USB-WiFi dongle is not recognized after booting N2 then there is no kernel driver for it, and nothing you can do about it.
On CoreElec forum there is a topic with supported WiFi dongles, so I suggest take a look there before getting one.

On my N2 I use "EDUP 600Mbps 802.11ac Wireless USB Adapter" (Chipset: RTL8811AU) without any problems. There are several versions of this chipset, so check compatibility before purchasing.

Also, I use pretty potent Kodi File Manager for file transfer/manipulation...
(2020-02-05, 19:53)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-02-05, 18:06)calibos Wrote: I had a spare TP-LINK USB WIFI dongle and decided to test it on the N2 I already have. Its not detected or powered up when plugged into the N2. Am I doing something wrong. Do I have to enable the rear USB ports by SSH'ing back into the box and enabling something in config.ini like I had to to get remote power on/off working?
If your USB-WiFi dongle is not recognized after booting N2 then there is no kernel driver for it, and nothing you can do about it.
On CoreElec forum there is a topic with supported WiFi dongles, so I suggest take a look there before getting one.

On my N2 I use "EDUP 600Mbps 802.11ac Wireless USB Adapter" (Chipset: RTL8811AU) without any problems. There are several versions of this chipset, so check compatibility before purchasing.

Also, I use pretty potent Kodi File Manager for file transfer/manipulation... 

Great info Sholander! Thank you. Will look into getting a compatible USB WIFI Dongle and and thanks to you pointing me in the right direction I got the Backround Photo issue sorted. Thanks again!
Just wanted to tip my hat to you guys working on CoreElec for the oDroid N2. I just git mine and I must say it is AMAZING! I mean I have a HiMedia Q10 Pro that I will sell. CoreElec on the N2 is a breeze to use and configure if you had some interactions with Kodi before. I even managed to get custom fonts on Kodi with a smart hack. First I enabled samba and copied my folder with the fonts to it in backup. I then activated ssh (user is root, password is the one you can set in the GUI), logged in via ssh, created a /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts folder (it has to have capital F), I copied there my fonts and I was able to select my own fonts from within Kodi). The commands should be similar to these ones:
Code:
mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts/
Code:
cp -r /storage/backup/Montserrat-master/fonts/ttf/*.ttf /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts/

Excellent work, guys. I truly mean it.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005

Thanks did this and my main problem was solved Thanks for the help.
@tmihai20, relay your experience to CoreElec forum
@Sholander what do you mean? I made an account there, but I have small issues that I want to see if someone there can help with. I do not think my findings will help much there.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4