Remote suggestions for Omnistick
I just bought the omni stick from atricom: https://matricom.net/omnistick-linux-kodi-mini-pc/  So far I really like this stick but it doesn't come with a remote. I'm using the Rii with it but want something that is more like a remote and less like a keyboard. Anybody have any suggestions on a good remote (not keyboard) that works good for Kodi?

tnx!
Kodi Enthusiast / Spontaneous Box Buyer / Wannabe Dev
[ Current favs: Fastest: Ugoos AM6 Android Box / Budget: Omni Kodi Stick / Balance: KM3 Android Box ] 
Have you tried using your TV's remote? If your device supports CEC, your TV remote will control Kodi just fine. I do this using Raspberry PIs running LibreElec.

Another alternative is a Flirc device which works with any remote control. You configure the device using your PC to effectively program it to send appropriate commands to Kodi.

Hope this helps.
(2020-01-26, 13:00)jmooremcc Wrote: Have you tried using your TV's remote? If your device supports CEC, your TV remote will control Kodi just fine. I do this using Raspberry PIs running LibreElec.

Another alternative is a Flirc device which works with any remote control. You configure the device using your PC to effectively program it to send appropriate commands to Kodi.

Hope this helps.

That's totally new to me and I had no idea that Kodi could be run from CEC on a TV remote. That's very cool and I will look into that. Thanks for taking the time to reply!
[ Current favs: Fastest: Ugoos AM6 Android Box / Budget: Omni Kodi Stick / Balance: KM3 Android Box ] 
Most of us simply use a MINIX A2 lite Wireless keyboard remote with Linux based OS versions of Kodi.
It’s Plug n Play, and uses it’s own ultra reliable USB RF receiver dongle.

There is even a newer backlit version of that which has come on to the market, see HERE (click)

(2020-01-29, 04:55)wrxtasy Wrote: Most of us simply use a MINIX A2 lite Wireless keyboard remote with Linux based OS versions of Kodi.
It’s Plug n Play, and uses it’s own ultra reliable USB RF receiver dongle.

There is even a newer backlit version of that which has come on to the market, see HERE (click)

This is precisely what I was looking for, getting one now. Thanks again!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote suggestions for Omnistick0