PVR Channel Manager - EPG Source?
@ksooo In the pvr channel manager of Kodi each channel has a setting "EPG Source" that is unchangeable and sticked to "Client".
What is it good for? Or better, what are the prerequirements to choose something other than client?
(2020-01-29, 14:46)puenktchen Wrote: @ksooo In the pvr channel manager of Kodi each channel has a setting "EPG Source" that is unchangeable and sticked to "Client".
What is it good for? Or better, what are the prerequirements to choose something other than client?

It seems that originally there were plans to support other EPG sources than "client" (which means the PVR add-on supplies the EPG data), but those plans never became reality. So, to avoid further confusion this should be removed from the channel manager dialog.
Too bad. I hoped i could use an xmltv file that has image links with the DVBViewer backend that doesn't provide images at all.
Anyway, thanks for clarification.
What is actually missed for support for EPG sources other than "client"? It is very welcomed feature, there are addons which could benefit from it.

PS: here is the discussion: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimp...-570810555
(2020-01-29, 16:33)puenktchen Wrote: Too bad. I hoped i could use an xmltv file that has image links with the DVBViewer backend that doesn't provide images at all.
Anyway, thanks for clarification.

Currently the only way to do this would be to extend DVBviewer to support xmltv. Bear in mind there would still need to be a way to bind to channels and then there are issues around what to do with conflicts, choose one or the other etc.

I played with this idea with the Enigma2 addon and then I stopped because it was a very difficult problem to solve with very little upside.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Channel Manager - EPG Source?0