Why is the xbox one version of Kodi so clunky?
I have tried Kodi on raspberry pi and Windows and it seems to work fast and flawlessly, really making the most of the hardware available to the program. But with the xbox one Kodi it runs terrible. Its slow to boot up, has terrible playback generally with green screens and fast forward playback issues.

Honestly my Pi3 runs Kodi far far better than my xbox one.

Does anyone know why that is the case?
(2020-01-29, 17:04)BUGGERLUGZ Wrote: I have tried Kodi on raspberry pi and Windows and it seems to work fast and flawlessly, really making the most of the hardware available to the program. But with the xbox one Kodi it runs terrible. Its slow to boot up, has terrible playback generally with green screens and fast forward playback issues.

Honestly my Pi3 runs Kodi far far better than my xbox one.

Does anyone know why that is the case?
Kodi is hurting for Windows developers, right now -- especially for the Xbox platform (UWP).

https://kodi.tv/article/windows-develope...-needs-you

Turning off hardware acceleration in the Player settings (DXVA2) solves the green screens. That's a bug that was introduced by MS in an Xbox update in late 2018 that's gone unfixed. VLC suffers from it too with hardware acceleration enabled.

I can't say I use the fast forward much, I prefer to step forward and back. Haven't had any issues there. Perhaps the Keymap Editor addon can help you?

As for the startup time, I think that's just on the Xbox too. I haven't really considered any app to be that fast to startup on it.
Is it being UWP that is the problem, or the way the security on the xbox one works?  I wonder because comparing Kodi on an original xbox with XBMC, the older version runs so much better.
(2020-01-29, 21:35)BUGGERLUGZ Wrote: Is it being UWP that is the problem, or the way the security on the xbox one works?

That's basically asking the same question twice. UWP has a number of limitations by design for the sake of security. Those limitations affect features available moreso than how well it runs, though. Running difficulties likely just have more to do with Kodi lacking developers skilled on the platform or bugs of the platform itself.

It should also be noted that the original Xbox and Xbox One are not really any more comparable to each other than either is with, for example, Android. They're very different platforms.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is the xbox one version of Kodi so clunky?0