• 37(current)
Feature Requests
In the default Estuary skin when Videos is highlighted (but not selected) 4 1/2 Media source are only visible the rest are off the screen to the right.
Right clicking enables user to scroll to the desired Media source but this becomes tedious if user has many Media Sources.

Would it be possible for "Media sources" to be wrapped for the set resolution and appear in the empty real estate below?

If your Kodi has at least 5 favourites, this is a good example of how I am thinking it should work...

NVIDIA Tegra 1920x1080p 59.94hz Full screen
Kodi 18.2 Git:20190422-f2643566d0
Android 8.0.0 nVidia Shield

Issue Image
@triks Can I suggest to use the i - button in the forum editor next time for any screenshots or images?

It will auto-upload your image to Imgur.com and insert a link in your text.
We don't have to let Google know everything we do here as well. Smile
Hello!

I would suggest you guys to add the following video identifiers?
- Motion Picture Rating (if possible to have a way to select the certification country)
- DTS-X, Dolby Atmos
- HDR, HDR10+
- 4K, 3D or HD
- All available audio and subtitle languages

If there are add-ons that do that already could you please let me know? 

Thank you!
The current version of Estuary has 4 different view types listed for the main EPG Screen. This is not strictly true, since 2 of the view types are for Horizonal or Vertical guides with Channel Groups enabled and the remaining 2 views are also for Horizontal and Vertical guides, but with no Channel Groups enabled.
This makes the view type description quite hard to actually read, as they scroll across the screen and not that easy to identify. 
I would like to propose that we only show 2 view types as Horizontal and Vertical, with the Channel Groups enabled. A radio button should be added to the sideblade with the option to enable/disable the Channel Groups.
This is a lot tidier IMO and much easier for users to read and understand.
Please add codec and bitrate video information button on osd, same like in Rapier skin. Its very helpful for example on devices like Android TV without keyboard.
Please have an option to show the channel logo instead of the channel name on the guide/epg/timeline screen.

Also, it would be nice to have under both the recently played channels and recent recording on the live tv to have egp images where it has a picture of the actual show/channel logo and show name rather than just showing the channel logo and show name
Some suggestions for improvements of the Estuary skin:

Ability to set a master default view of every lists. For example so that every lists and sub-lists in video-addons change at the same time.

Ability to disable thumbnails and fanart in different views. For example so that its possible to set WideList-view to show only the plot of the tv-episodes and not the thumbnails and fanart. A benefit of that is that the Thumbnails-folder in userdata-folder will remain small, for us who uses systems with small storage memory.
(2019-11-26, 13:53)CodiUser Wrote: Ability to set a master default view of every lists. For example so that every lists and sub-lists in video-addons change at the same time.

+1
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Please add a possibility to display music ALBUM FANART in addition to ARTIST FANART which is displayed by default.

I made necessary changes in my setup:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2906789
You can easily use this solution if everything is programmed properly.

Suggestion for improvement of the Estuary skin:

New View:

A combination of the View: "List (View 50)" and the View: "WideList (View 55)".

1. The list of the episodes should be the same size as in "WideList (View 55)".
2. Move the list to the left side of the screen.
3. Delete the thumbnail.
4. Move the episodes plot/information-box to the right side of the screen.

Here is how I want the new View to look like (roughly)

Original view of "WideList (View 55)"

Original view of "List (View 50)"

Thanks in advance.
I would like to Show the "genre" tab below the name in Viewtype "List", how do I do this? In Viewtype "Shift" already displays the genre, thanks
You really need the ability to add whatever items/folders you want to the main menu.   I can't believe this feature was removed from Estuary in the first place.
(2020-01-29, 08:41)Knocks Wrote: You really need the ability to add whatever items/folders you want to the main menu.   I can't believe this feature was removed from Estuary in the first place.

Would need a dependency on the skin.shortcuts Add-on sadly. I agree with you though, its basic functionality that should be included by default.
(2020-01-29, 08:41)Knocks Wrote: You really need the ability to add whatever items/folders you want to the main menu.   I can't believe this feature was removed from Estuary in the first place.

Well, you can only remove something if it was implemented at some point, which wasn't the case yet, IIRC. Not saying that it would not be an useful feature. But you also have to understand that Estuary also needs to be maintained. And therefore every feature has to be maintained as well. Estuary is meant to be a very basic skin with very basic functionality. Most likely all the other exciting features are done by other skilled skinners out there who either do their own mods of Estuary or who are creating all those fancy skins. If Estuary doesn't fit your needs, then feel free to pick something else which works better for you. For example Estuary Mod V2 should have that feature implemented, no?
(2020-01-29, 22:27)DaVu Wrote: Well, you can only remove something if it was implemented at some point, which wasn't the case yet, IIRC. Not saying that it would not be an useful feature. But you also have to understand that Estuary also needs to be maintained. And therefore every feature has to be maintained as well. Estuary is meant to be a very basic skin with very basic functionality. Most likely all the other exciting features are done by other skilled skinners out there who either do their own mods of Estuary or who are creating all those fancy skins. If Estuary doesn't fit your needs, then feel free to pick something else which works better for you. For example Estuary Mod V2 should have that feature implemented, no? 

I'm using the official Google Play Store version of Kodi, which only has a handful of skins available for download.  I don't want to do too much hacking on a device that I mainly use for Android TV (it's the new Nvidia Shield btw), because it would be a shame if it stopped working.

As far whether this feature was removed, I believe that it was, because older versions of XBMC/Kodi allowed you to have Files in the main menu, and Estuary does not.  Since Estuary is the default skin now, for practical purposes the feature can be considered removed.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3