• 5(current)
Beta Sling
No problem, all part of the job Wink

I've gone through and sanitised the whole thread of logs, but if anyone spots any I missed (as there were some hidden in quotes) just ping me or one of the other mods and we can remove them too.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-29, 20:55)bds3151 Wrote:
(2020-01-29, 20:11)d21spike Wrote: All previous log posts were removed due to the presence of sensitive information. This issue has now been removed from add-on logging and shouldn't occur anymore. Thank you to @DarrenHill for help with cleaning up the posts.

(2020-01-29, 15:59)clones Wrote: Okay, uploaded from the other system (win10)

link removed as it contains sensitive info

epg guide is not showing channels (espn, nbc sports network, mlb) 
I took a look at the add-on behavior with your subscription packages and found the issue. The "fix" for duplicate channels affecting users with both Sling Orange and Sling Blue was a bit overzealous and matched on channels that were similar, more specifically in this case "ESPN" was a sub-string of "ESPN Goal Line" and similarly "NBC Sports Network" was a sub-string of "NBC Sports Network-Alt." The add-on version 0.0.85 addresses this issue.
(2020-01-29, 18:18)bds3151 Wrote: I have checked that I am on manual, running 2 channel audio, and retested. Unfortunately, the buffering continues. Seems like it may be slightly less often, and it recovers within a 5~15 seconds where as before it would have went on for a minute or more. 
Improvement implies it's a step in the right direction but unfortunately also something out of my hands. Can you tell me which devices are affected, which version of Kodi, and your network speeds? Also, if you can grab a log of this event (make sure to be on at least version 0.0.85, see above.) Even if I can't come up with anything maybe someone else might be able to chime in.  
Thx. It is an improvement. I just noticed I'm on ver .83 so I'll update and wait to see if it happens again. My systems are all Win10, NUC83i, NUC75i, and a Deskmini A300 and have tried Kodi 18.5, 18.4 and 18.3. I have a 100mbps Frontier Fios connection. I'll follow up with a log once I upgrade to .85. 
Logfile is at https://paste.kodi.tv/izadaqagac
(2020-01-29, 20:11)d21spike Wrote: All previous log posts were removed due to the presence of sensitive information. This issue has now been removed from add-on logging and shouldn't occur anymore. Thank you to @DarrenHill for help with cleaning up the posts.

(2020-01-29, 15:59)clones Wrote: Okay, uploaded from the other system (win10)

link removed as it contains sensitive info

epg guide is not showing channels (espn, nbc sports network, mlb) 
I took a look at the add-on behavior with your subscription packages and found the issue. The "fix" for duplicate channels affecting users with both Sling Orange and Sling Blue was a bit overzealous and matched on channels that were similar, more specifically in this case "ESPN" was a sub-string of "ESPN Goal Line" and similarly "NBC Sports Network" was a sub-string of "NBC Sports Network-Alt." The add-on version 0.0.85 addresses this issue.
(2020-01-29, 18:18)bds3151 Wrote:  
That's awesome, thank you @d21spike . I'll check it out when I get home tonight
Not sure if this is a issue with the add on or the data sling is sending back.

hostbusters was on BBC America tonight. When I when into the My TV > Recommend for me > Ghostbusters, I got this link that didn't work.
http://cbd46b77.cdn.cms.movetv.com/cms/p...ostbusters

I came out and went to channels and selected BBC America and it worked, giving me this link.
http://cbd46b77.cdn.cms.movetv.com/cms/a...%20America

Here is a full log if that helps. Log
If someone's post helps you out, click the thank user button.
Another issue I found. If you have more then one recording of a show. None of them show up in My TV > Recordings.
If someone's post helps you out, click the thank user button.
This looks like an amazing app and was looking to get sling. I was wondering about the iptv simple client. Are you able to set recordings? Are the recordings stored locally or is it part of slings cloud DVR ? Thanks
(2020-01-29, 21:33)clones Wrote:
(2020-01-29, 20:11)d21spike Wrote: epg guide is not showing channels (espn, nbc sports network, mlb) 
(2020-01-29, 18:18)bds3151 Wrote:  
That's awesome, thank you @d21spike . I'll check it out when I get home tonight 
So far so good. The fix (for people with both orange/blue) seems to have done the trick. Thank you @d21spike
@Shaboobala
recording withing IPTV simple is not yet working.
I use my phone to manage recordings, so far this has worked well.
The recordings are SlingTV DVR recordings and not stored locally.

I was going to switch to YTTV, this addon changed my mind.
Am I the only one who has lost the guide
I had to update the guide and reboot all is good now
(2020-02-01, 15:30)Penbrock Wrote: Am I the only one who has lost the guide

(2020-02-01, 15:45)mxlance Wrote: I had to update the guide and reboot all is good now

I pushed a significant change last night, 0.0.86, that changes how the guide is generated. @mxlance is right a manual trigger to the guide update (via Sling settings under Slinger) should fix it. If it doesn't let me know. This is more of a test to see if the guide becomes more stable. Worst case we can always revert to how it was.
@d21spike
so far the guide is working fantastic today.
thank you for your continued efforts!
(2020-02-01, 16:05)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-02-01, 15:30)Penbrock Wrote: Am I the only one who has lost the guide
(2020-02-01, 15:45)mxlance Wrote: I had to update the guide and reboot all is good now

I pushed a significant change last night, 0.0.86, that changes how the guide is generated. @mxlance is right a manual trigger to the guide update (via Sling settings under Slinger) should fix it. If it doesn't let me know. This is more of a test to see if the guide becomes more stable. Worst case we can always revert to how it was.  
I check the addon and noticed it was 0.0.85, looked to update but say the update was also 0.0.85? I have the addon set to update through your repository ??
Sorry to report that recordings will not play tonight. 
let me know if you need a log.
thanks
Have Sling & Nextpvr using iptv simple, w/ windows10. I was having some issues with kodi crashing so after having installed sling new, & reinstalled iptv simple, and thought that I should reinstall nextpvr, to see if that might help with the crashes. Unfortunately now, after the slinger addon completes the m3u/epg settings (or when I have changed them) the nextpvr addon hijacks the settings and changes them to a different m3u/epg. I am not sure what I can do to get nextpvr to leave the m3u/epg settings (leading to more issues/crashes).

I only reinstalled nextpvr only on one system, but nextpvr is changing another the m3u/epg settings another computer as well now. I don't know why?

Copied the kodi.old.log : https://www.pastebin.com/217U2d0T

@emveepee @sub3

I did look in the iptv simple settings, & copied them as well

<settings version="2">
    <setting id="epgCache">false</setting>
    <setting id="epgPath">C:\Users\Ohnesorge\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.sling\sling_epg.xml</setting>
    <setting id="epgPathType">0</setting>
    <setting id="epgTimeShift" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="epgTSOverride">true</setting>
    <setting id="epgUrl">http://192.168.1.3:9999/guide.xml</setting>
    <setting id="logoBaseUrl" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="logoFromEpg">1</setting>
    <setting id="logoPath" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="logoPathType">1</setting>
    <setting id="m3uCache">false</setting>
    <setting id="m3uPath">C:\Users\Ohnesorge\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.sling\sling_playlist.m3u</setting>
    <setting id="m3uPathType">0</setting>
    <setting id="m3uUrl">http://192.168.1.3:9999/channels.m3u</setting>
    <setting id="startNum">1</setting>
</settings>
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0