Make Live tv more user friendly
I think that Kodi is a little bit behind other software in live tv user interface.
This is a suggestion related to pvr tv channels viewing, but maybe someone can find it useful for other things.
It happens very frequently that there are three or four programs I'm interested transmitted at the same time.
To switch between them fast I mark them as favourites.
Unfortunately there's no shortcut (and no function ...) to change to next or prev favourite.
The altenative is to create a new channel group, but the procedure is too much complicated (very slow) and can't be done in a simple way.
As an alternative it could be useful to right click on a channel and choose add to group directly.
Thank you,
sdf
I agree, add-ons should be able to register (and unregister) live TV streams, just as they ought to be able to register and unregister VOD-content like movies and episodes.

And when registering movies and episodes of VOD content, it should take into account the availability, so that this content is automatically removed when it is no longer offered.

And if an add-on gets removed, the associated live streams/movies/episodes should automatically get removed as well.

This would show all the content (live tv streams, movies and episodes) in their respective sections within Kodi, regardless of add-on or source.

Adding all this content to favourites is just a quick hack because there is no right way to manage this.
What I would find most helpful is a screen message that some program is about to start on another channel ......  something similar to what one gets when a recording begins .....  or have I missed that existing function somehow?
(2020-02-06, 18:17)JohnBoyz Wrote: What I would find most helpful is a screen message that some program is about to start on another channel ......  something similar to what one gets when a recording begins .....  or have I missed that existing function somehow?

This feature is called "PVR reminders" and it is already available in v19 nightly builds.
(2020-02-06, 19:09)ksooo Wrote:
(2020-02-06, 18:17)JohnBoyz Wrote: What I would find most helpful is a screen message that some program is about to start on another channel ......  something similar to what one gets when a recording begins .....  or have I missed that existing function somehow?

This feature is called "PVR reminders" and it is already available in v19 nightly builds. 
Thanks, so it should be available sometime in the future when v19 is released.
One concern ....  "PVR Reminder" implies it reminds of a Recording rather than just a program about to start that is not set for recording.

If you want this functionality on v18, there is an addon https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:KN_Switchtimer_Service that might be of use to you.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-02-06, 19:46)black_eagle Wrote:

If you want this functionality on v18, there is an addon https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:KN_Switchtimer_Service that might be of use to you. 

Thank you!
I was unaware of that addon, and it looks like exactly what I was hoping for.
Off to test it now .....  thanks again!  Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make Live tv more user friendly0