Solved Link movie to tv show
Could the ability to link a movie to a tv show be added to TMM?

Thanks
(2020-01-29, 22:53)Phil.M Wrote: Could the ability to link a movie to a tv show be added to TMM?

Thanks

Further to my request (which I really hope can be added to TMM) I have noticed TMM has stripped out the <showlink> tags from my NFO's
Over the years I have manually added the relevant <showlink> tags and now they are all lost :-(

At the very least could TMM always preserve <showlink> tags?
Never seen that tag before.
Thus, TMM is also not aware of this tag.
We have this already in our backlog.... but no ETA yet, nor if we do that... sry.
(its even more complicated than moviesets, since we have to break the type boundaries here)

Per default, TMM since its early versions DOES preserve unknown tags in NFO - except you have set to "write clean NFO" in settings.
Just tested this, and after changing some metadata, the showlink is STILL inside NFO....
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2020-02-03, 09:58)myron Wrote: Never seen that tag before.
Thus, TMM is also not aware of this tag.
We have this already in our backlog.... but no ETA yet, nor if we do that... sry.
(its even more complicated than moviesets, since we have to break the type boundaries here)

Per default, TMM since its early versions DOES preserve unknown tags in NFO - except you have set to "write clean NFO" in settings.
Just tested this, and after changing some metadata, the showlink is STILL inside NFO....
Many thanks for the reply, yes I did have "write clean NFO" set, must have assumed when I first started using TMM (last week) that it would be
aware of the <showlink> tag as it's been around in XBMC/Kodi for a long time. Anyway, at least I know now :-). Understand this is not top of the
list of dev work, but really hope it can be incorporated, even if for now its just a manual field on the movie details tab that can be edited with no
other lookup to the TV shows?

Anyway thanks again to you and all the dev's, I think TMM is fantatsic compared to what I have used in the past.
(2020-01-29, 22:53)Phil.M Wrote: Could the ability to link a movie to a tv show be added to TMM?

Thanks
Only a hint i use personally:
ntfs links on Windows / Hard links on Linux
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link
You can have the same file multiple times on the same volume/partition without having to copy it. Each link can be renamed at will and does not require any additional space on your hdd, as the links are just a pointer to the file inode.

Example:
"Futurama - Bender's Game", spin-off movie of "Futurama", so it is saved under movies.
But it is listed as special episode S0E5 in Futurama too.

What i did:
I just made a hard link from the movie file, renamed it to S00E05, moved it to the tv show folder and scraped it with TMM.
Now TMM/Kodi see the same file once as movie and once as an episode.
The movie is now linked as an episode without wasting space, and it doesn't even matter if the NFO is deleted or corrupted.
Wink 
(2020-02-07, 02:07)mdevil Wrote:

Thanks
Only a hint i use personally:
ntfs links on Windows / Hard links on Linux
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link
You can have the same file multiple times on the same volume/partition without having to copy it. Each link can be renamed at will and does not require any additional space on your hdd, as the links are just a pointer to the file inode.

Example:
"Futurama - Bender's Game", spin-off movie of "Futurama", so it is saved under movies.
But it is listed as special episode S0E5 in Futurama too.

What i did:
I just made a hard link from the movie file, renamed it to S00E05, moved it to the tv show folder and scraped it with TMM.
Now TMM/Kodi see the same file once as movie and once as an episode.
The movie is now linked as an episode without wasting space, and it doesn't even matter if the NFO is deleted or corrupted. 

Really cool idea, although I cannot hard link across volumes which means having to reorganize my library :-(
I'd still prefer to see it in TMM given Kodi has the concept of showlinking
sorry but NO - to keep this construct working we need to define some rules and one rule is to split movies from TV shows..
so you have either:

a) keep the movies in one of those 2 locations
b) duplicate it to both locations

everything else will make us more work and make tmm vulnerable to another issues
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-02-07, 08:43)mlaggner Wrote: sorry but NO - to keep this construct working we need to define some rules and one rule is to split movies from TV shows..
so you have either:

a) keep the movies in one of those 2 locations
b) duplicate it to both locations

everything else will make us more work and make tmm vulnerable to another issues
Is that NO to hard linking, or NO to adding a field and populating the <showlink> tag in the NFO's?? :-)
@Phil.M Would say NO to <showlink>, as my hint was for you and not meant to be implemented in TMM. It is similar to the answer "b) duplicate it to both locations" Wink
(2020-02-07, 17:28)mdevil Wrote: @Phil.M Would say NO to <showlink>, as my hint was for you and not meant to be implemented in TMM. It is similar to the answer "b) duplicate it to both locations" Wink

Really not trying to be difficult here, but I don't understand the response.....

Whilst the workaround of hard linking is good, it's not technically possible for me unless I reorganize my
entire library, for many users a technical challenge and seems at odds of using a simple software interface
to achieve the same thing simply.

The ability to add a "note" to a TV episode is available in TMM, it serves no purpose within Kodi, etc. but
can be useful I guess. What I am asking for is the almost same facility for a movie, other than the "note"
field is stored in a specific <showlink> NFO tag.

At the very least could there be an option to open the NFO in a text editor so I could add it in manually
would it be that feature of https://kodi.wiki/view/Linking_movies_to_TV_shows ?
never heard of it before - must be a new feature..

since that is an "official" feature of kodi we will try to include it

sorry for the wrong understanding of you initial request
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2020-02-09, 09:13)mlaggner Wrote: would it be that feature of https://kodi.wiki/view/Linking_movies_to_TV_shows ?
never heard of it before - must be a new feature..

since that is an "official" feature of kodi we will try to include it

sorry for the wrong understanding of you initial request
Hi, yes that is exactly the feature I am looking for :-) - thank you for looking into this again.
(2020-02-09, 09:13)mlaggner Wrote: never heard of it before - must be a new feature..
Nope, been there since around v13... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3017/c...3fe99c700e
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Lol, never have seen/heard of this [emoji848]
Maybe I spend too much time coding tmm instead of using kodi
this feature will be available in v4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Link movie to tv show0