• 8(current)
[RELEASE] SHOUTcast 2 (Music Plugin)
Hi Sphere... I realize the last update of this terrific add-on was in 2013 and there is little likelihood it will get any new features, but the one thing I really miss is for it to display the channel audio codec when searching or browsing channels. For instance, the channel "Morow" has two 128kbps streams, one MP3 and the other AAC. For the same bitrate I would prefer to use AAC, but your add-on doesn't differentiate between them. I have to open WinAmp, search Morow, and then pick the stream in your add-on based on the current number of listeners that WinAmp reports for the AAC stream.

Cheers.
I cannot get Shoutcast 2 to work..............I used t listen to this all of the time. Has it been abandoned?
It doesn't work.
I have a similiar problem. I can start the plugin and select a stream, but then Kodi starts to hang and finally crashes (which forces Libreelec to reboot).
See the log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/wJkd24xhTs/

When I try to access the respective stream directly via PC, it works instantly.
I'll be darned...........this quit working for me a year ago and I was disappointed......I loved the variety! Upon re-installation the son of a bitch works!
GREAT!
What do you mean by "BOS"?
Means "SOB"
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Erm...
Could it be that this abbreviation is no technical term but a abbreviation for something one doesn't want to write out clearly?
In other words, re-installing the plugin did the trick?
Does anyone know where the "MyStations" entries are stored?

My favorite station moved their listing from the Shoutcast index and moved to Icecast.  It still works fine with the Shoutcast api and any standard Shoutcast app, but I need to manually edit the URL of the station...

Thanks
TRJB
(2019-01-19, 04:00)therealjoeblow Wrote: Does anyone know where the "MyStations" entries are stored?

My favorite station moved their listing from the Shoutcast index and moved to Icecast.  It still works fine with the Shoutcast api and any standard Shoutcast app, but I need to manually edit the URL of the station...

Thanks
TRJB

I'm trying to do the same thing, unfortunately I haven't decoded the contents of the MyStation configuration file yet. There doesn't appear to be any way to directly enter a stream URL. Two of my favourite ProgRock stations changed their URL and also disappeared off the ShoutCast search results. I found the new URLs for both of them, and I can enter them manually into the ShoutCast feature in WinAmp for Android and Winamp for Windows, but there isn't a way to do it in the ShoutCast2 Kodi add-on. In a standard Kodi for Android installation the ShoutCast2 add-on MyStations file is at...
Code:
sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.shoutcast

I'm going to keep looking into it. Let me know if you figure out how to enter a specific stream URL, and I'll do the same.
Kodi "Leia" is crashes with trying of play some stations in this addon (usually on station from text-searh results).
Plugin has been update to support both py2 and py3: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/2620
New upstream location of the codebase is here: https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/plugin.audio.shoutcast
works on v19 but having lots of problems when trying browse channels or search for some, an error appears, now i can see thhis in log:

2020-02-08 06:58:44.131 T:5340 NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/genres/" matches rule for function "show_genre"
2020-02-08 06:58:44.287 T:5340 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'shutil.SameFileError'>
Error Contents: 'C:\\Users\\Kamil\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.audio.shoutcast\\.storage\\.functions.tmp' and 'C:\\Users\\Kamil\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.audio.shoutcast\\.storage\\.functions' are the same file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Kamil\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\xbmcmixin.py", line 72, in wrapper
result = storage[key]
File "C:\Users\Kamil\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\storage.py", line 169, in __getitem__
val, timestamp = self._items[key]
KeyError: ('wrap', 'f35c2d973e1bbbc61ca60fc6d7ae4eb3', 'get_genres', None)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\shutil.py", line 566, in move
os.rename(src, real_dst)
FileExistsError: [WinError 183] Nelze vytvořit soubor, který již existuje: 'C:\\Users\\Kamil\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.audio.shoutcast\\.storage\\.functions.tmp' -> 'C:\\Users\\Kamil\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.audio.shoutcast\\.storage\\.functions'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Users\Kamil\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.shoutcast\addon.py", line 4, in <module>
plugin.run()
File "C:\Users\Kamil\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.shoutcast\resources\lib\plugin.py", line 253, in run
plugin.run()
File "C:\Users\Kamil\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 345, in run
items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
File "C:\Users\Kamil\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 319, in _dispatch
listitems = view_func(**items)
File "C:\Users\Kamil\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.shoutcast\resources\lib\plugin.py", line 72, in show_genre
genres = get_cached(api.get_genres, parent_genre_id, TTL=1440)
File "C:\Users\Kamil\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.shoutcast\resources\lib\plugin.py", line 238, in get_cached
return wrap(func.__name__, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Kamil\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\xbmcmixin.py", line 82, in wrapper
storage.sync()
File "C:\Users\Kamil\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\storage.py", line 63, in sync
shutil.move(tempname, self.filename) # atomic commit
File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\shutil.py", line 580, in move
copy_function(src, real_dst)
File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\shutil.py", line 266, in copy2
copyfile(src, dst, follow_symlinks=follow_symlinks)
File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\shutil.py", line 104, in copyfile
raise SameFileError("{!r} and {!r} are the same file".format(src, dst))
shutil.SameFileError: 'C:\\Users\\Kamil\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.audio.shoutcast\\.storage\\.functions.tmp' and 'C:\\Users\\Kamil\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.audio.shoutcast\\.storage\\.functions' are the same file
-->End of Python script error report<--
2020-02-08 06:58:44.469 T:9888 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.shoutcast/genres/
2020-02-08 06:58:44.475 T:11072 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.shoutcast/genres/) failed
(2020-02-08, 07:59)cyberreality Wrote: works on v19 but having lots of problems when trying browse channels or search for some, an error appears, now i can see thhis in log:

well, this issue seems to be fixed when i downloaded latest alpha v19, so feel free to delete this ...
The addon is now available in matrix. There are 2 versions available, matrix one dropped python2 support entirely:

2.5.0+matrix.1 (12.4.2020) - matrix edition
- Remove python2 support
- Remove simplejson
- New language folder layout
- Automated submissions to matrix branch
- Addon.xml cosmetics

2.5.0 (12.4.2020)
- Automated submissions to gotham branch
- Addon.xml cosmetics
Using addon Shoutcast causes complete application crash and restart.

I have observed this on both the LibreELEC 9.2 (Leia) and the LibreELEC 10.0 beta 2 (Matrix) releases for generic x64 hardware. The hardware is a HP Elitedesk 705 G3 with AMD Pro A10-8770E and 8GB of RAM and AMD Radeon Carrizo. I have two of these, one is for my Dad and one is for my own use. The one my Dad has is running the older release of LibreELEC and I am currently running the second beta for Matrix.

The behavior is as follows:

Open Shoutcast addon. Select preferred stream. Kodi attempts to load the audio and then suddenly the entire interface crashes, after a few seconds the application reloads. Try again with different station. Stream may or may not load. If it loads all is fine. If it fails to load, the entire application will crash and restart.

I attempted to submit my logs through the LibreELEC Configuration program in settings but it will not send the logs. Tried repeatedly and it will not do it. I grabbed the zip file with all the information from the logfiles folder mounted to my laptop and am attaching it here. I was advised by the forum members that this seems to be an addon issue, not one related to running Kodi on LibreELEC and that I should report the issues here.

Log from the crash:

Paste.kodi.tv
Mega.nz

Using Mega.nz also because I've noticed that sometimes the Paste.Kodi.tv links don't always stay.  Hope they prove useful in figuring out why certain links on the stations cause the whole application to kill itself and come back.  I don't mind links not working but I really don't like it when the whole application goes down!

Link to the thread on LibreELELC Forums.  The poster suggested this bit from the system crash log might be the issue:
Code:
[2021-04-22 08:36:42.422 T:1311    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(60) for https://stream.psychedelik.com:8002/
2021-04-22 08:36:42.705 T:1311    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(60)
2021-04-22 08:36:42.706 T:1311    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://stream.psychedelik.com:8002/:
2021-04-22 08:36:42.972 T:1311    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(60)
2021-04-22 08:36:42.972 T:1311    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://stream.psychedelik.com:8002/:                                       
2021-04-22 08:36:42.973 T:1311    ERROR <general>: Open - <https://stream.psychedelik.com:8002/> failed to open
2021-04-22 08:36:42.973 T:1311    ERROR <general>: Init: Error opening file https://stream.psychedelik.com:8002/
2021-04-22 08:36:42.973 T:1311    ERROR <general>: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file https://stream.psychedelik.com:8002

Would appreciate any feedback, further testing you would like me to do, etc.  Like this addon and don't want to see it go away so I am happy to help as much as I am able to.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SHOUTcast 2 (Music Plugin)1