• 65(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
(2020-02-10, 22:51)gilsonsjc Wrote:  
(2020-02-10, 22:01)avraham Wrote: ...

I've always used the .strm exports and it works just fine.
SOMETIMES, when I upload a complete series for example, the export will not create the .strm files unless I create a dummy file in the same folder (it figured it kinda of forces the export to run again). Sometimes it takes forever after I upload a new movie to it to be exported and sometimes I have to run the export manually to pick up something I uploaded and does not show up in more than a day or so. But it may be because of my collection, it is about 30 TB right now.... 

Thank you for your reply.
I just found the fix for my duplication issue.

I needed to check “Watch for changed directories” and uncheck “Run scheduled exports”. I started a fresh Library and it now works without duplicates.
(2020-02-10, 21:39)thejorsias Wrote: I know it's not working right now, but how does one use this addon as a source for the library? I'm using strm files right now.
It is working. You have to install the update either from @cguZZMan own repo (instructions on how to add the repo here https://github.com/cguZZman/repository.p.../README.md - after that you only have to update the Google Drive addon on the My Addons interface) or wait the update to the pushed to the kodi repository which will make your Kodi to update automatically (if it is set to auto update the plugins, of course)...

.strm exports is nothing more than a tool that creates a replica or your Google Drive file system (each file gets a .strm representative) in another location that you can use as a source for your library. It will also keep your local filesystem up-to-date and will kick in the Library update if it is set to do so.

Here you will find some screenshots of my set up. I get one export (too lazy, I could have come up with several exports instead, I just set it up at the root level or my media) and 2 video sources - one for movies and another one for TV Shows. Take a look at the paths and settings and try to replicate out there. 

Link to the pictures -> https://photos.app.goo.gl/p9UD6fRvepgLmNDB6
(2020-02-10, 22:43)tricktor12 Wrote:
(2020-02-10, 22:01)avraham Wrote: Has anyone succeeded on using “strm mode” with a “Library” without this problem?

I will try to leave my library again correctly tonight.

I used to use strm and the library worked well and everything, the only drawback I saw was that didn´t not save the advances that I made in the files and for that reason, I changed to use it as a source.

Yesterday in the small tests that I did, the the advances in the files were saved.

today I will make definitive tests for my collection of movies and series, and I inform if everything worked correctly for me. 
Thank you for your reply.
I just found the cause for duplication issue.

I needed to check “Watch for changed directories” and uncheck “Run scheduled exports”. I started a fresh Library and it now works without duplicates.
Hello, first of all thanks for the last fix, its working rn.

I have a question, someone here can play 4K films (+30GB) on smartvs? Its permabuffering, I saw its ram thing (I have good internet connection), but then Why I can use the typical public film addons with 4K content without problems? Its just google drive thing, or this addon thing?

Can someone explain me it? Thanks.
(2020-02-10, 23:20)Kaido Wrote: Hello, first of all thanks for the last fix, its working rn.

I have a question, someone here can play 4K films (+30GB) on smartvs? Its permabuffering, I saw its ram thing (I have good internet connection), but then Why I can use the typical public film addons with 4K content without problems? Its just google drive thing, or this addon thing?

I have a friend who owns a TCL C2 Android TV and a internet connection of 120mbps and is able to stream all sorts of 4K content (including those REMUXES). I use a Nvidia Shield TV 2017, a Xiaomi Box S (using Kodi 18.0), a Fire Stick 4K and my phone and they all work just fine as well.
(2020-02-10, 23:20)Kaido Wrote: Hello, first of all thanks for the last fix, its working rn.

Kodi 18.0 plays 40GB+ Remuxes without any problem on my network (Mi Box S on 5Ghz connection) but I always get buffer with Kodi 18.5.
(2020-02-10, 23:11)gilsonsjc Wrote:
(2020-02-10, 21:39)thejorsias Wrote: I know it's not working right now, but how does one use this addon as a source for the library? I'm using strm files right now.
It is working. You have to install the update either from @cguZZMan own repo (instructions on how to add the repo here https://github.com/cguZZman/repository.p.../README.md - after that you only have to update the Google Drive addon on the My Addons interface) or wait the update to the pushed to the kodi repository which will make your Kodi to update automatically (if it is set to auto update the plugins, of course)...

.strm exports is nothing more than a tool that creates a replica or your Google Drive file system (each file gets a .strm representative) in another location that you can use as a source for your library. It will also keep your local filesystem up-to-date and will kick in the Library update if it is set to do so.

Here you will find some screenshots of my set up. I get one export (too lazy, I could have come up with several exports instead, I just set it up at the root level or my media) and 2 video sources - one for movies and another one for TV Shows. Take a look at the paths and settings and try to replicate out there. 

Link to the pictures -> https://photos.app.goo.gl/p9UD6fRvepgLmNDB6 

I see, thanks for the info and screens Smile
(2020-02-10, 23:40)thejorsias Wrote:

Kodi 18.0 plays 40GB+ Remuxes without any problem on my network (Mi Box S on 5Ghz connection) but I always get buffer with Kodi 18.5.

Really guys? So I just need take the .apk manually? There are many 18.0 which one are you using? If you have telegram or something send me a pm please I am like 1 year looking for this fucking fix...
(2020-02-11, 00:03)Kaido Wrote:

Really guys? So I just need take the .apk manually? There are many 18.0 which one are you using? If you have telegram or something send me a pm please I am like 1 year looking for this fucking fix...  
I used to get the buffering thing on NVidia Shield so I kept the 18.0 until there was a fix for it, which was on 18.4. For Xiaomi Box S only the 18.0 works for me as well. 18.5 still has those buffering problems on Xiaomi Box S. I have a detailed thread opened in the Android subforum to investigate this one -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350966
(2020-02-11, 00:03)Kaido Wrote:

Yes, that was my experience using the Mi Box S. I don't know if this happens with everyone. Now I can watch remuxes without any problem.
@Kaido

Please be mindful of your language here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Unbelievable, Its fixed, so I am like more than 1 year only downloading 1080p and it was a fix of 5 mins, thanks for all guys.

Hope they update it someday in the next version.
(2020-02-11, 00:33)Kaido Wrote: Unbelievable, Its fixed, so I am like more than 1 year only downloading 1080p and it was a fix of 5 mins, thanks for all guys.

Hope they update it someday in the next version.
Downloading what? And from where?
@cguZZMan Eagerly waiting for the update to come through official Kodi repo. My Shield TV Pro 2019 does not allow me to download anything from the browser.
Also thanks a lot for making this addon work again.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7