• 20(current)
Release [Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)
there is a new version from texturepacker compiled on kodi filehost.
i will update the tool within the next days...
(2020-02-12, 14:49)supp Wrote: there is a new version from texturepacker compiled on kodi filehost.
i will update the tool within the next days..
- Version 2.9.1

added new texturepacker ( TexturePacker-win32-v141-20200105)
disable force update
disable lz0 since deprecated
(2020-02-25, 10:57)supp Wrote:
(2020-02-12, 14:49)supp Wrote: there is a new version from texturepacker compiled on kodi filehost.
i will update the tool within the next days..
- Version 2.9.1

added new texturepacker ( TexturePacker-win32-v141-20200105)
disable force update
disable lz0 since deprecated 

Thanks. Will download and try it out
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
I also noticed it breaks .gif files after repacking. The gif file works fine before packing, but after compiling the .gif is no longer animated. Running latest 2.9.1. Looks like it breaks the gif when decompiling.
FYI - Windows Defender is flagging latest version of Kodi Texture Tool as "Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C"
I'm guessing this is a false positive but I've never had that happen before with previous versions.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-03-18, 04:25)jdig4240 Wrote: I also noticed it breaks .gif files after repacking. The gif file works fine before packing, but after compiling the .gif is no longer animated. Running latest 2.9.1. Looks like it breaks the gif when decompiling.

can someone confirm. i suggest you use 2.9.0 until theres a fix
(2020-03-25, 09:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: FYI - Windows Defender is flagging latest version of Kodi Texture Tool as "Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C"
I'm guessing this is a false positive but I've never had that happen before with previous versions.

false positive, aswell with symantec.
they are going hard against "au3" language, cause of the script kiddies. sorry for this

//edited

submitted at microsoft false positive
submitted at symantec
Got a strange issue with certain .png files. For example i have a .png file thats red. After i add it to the textures folder and compress it in the .xbt the icon turns blue. Any idea why it would change color??  If you want to test to see what i mean, heres the .png file that does this.    https://ibb.co/5vMtJhM

If you place it in the textures, then create the .xbt, it changes it to blue.
I downloaded the latest version, i have Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio installed (when u open the app it send you to the 2015 version which cannot be installed cause the system says there is already a newer version installed in my system).

The app opens, I add the input  xbt file and output directory (no spaces), I press start, it loads the blue bar and says done after a few sec.

Then I go to the output folder and it is empty.

What am I doing wrong?
nice tool! I have a question, I extracted the mq8 texture file and made 1 tiny change. When I recomplied it went from 130 megs to 80. Is this normal?
It's not clear me where you're saying the size increase has occurred, is it the case that the Texture.xbt has increased? or are you saying the extracted files were 130MB and the packed Texture.xbt that is generated from them is 80MB?
Today I was packing a few hundred files, that's what came out.

Original photo :

After using the texture packer :

Why did this happen?

(there is a small typo on kodi.wiki)
https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool

dev mode available by using Ctrl + shit + d
Unrecognized command line flag: -disable_lz0

I Am using latest verson 2.9.1

Edit found an old Texture Tool 2.7.3 in my computer with enable Iz0 and i was enable to complie.
Good morning.
It's the first time I'm using this tool, I have the same problem with the message:
"Unrecognized command line flag: -disable_lz0"
I don't know where I'm wrong.
Thank you
(2021-06-13, 15:27)Dom61 Wrote: Good morning.
It's the first time I'm using this tool, I have the same problem with the message:
"Unrecognized command line flag: -disable_lz0"
I don't know where I'm wrong.
Thank you

seems that the latest texturepacker does not support lz0 anymore.
uncheck the checkbox and compile then, should be working as workaround.

ill recompile another version as soon as i find the sourceode (:
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)2