Where is this artwork coming from?
Looking for help/advice.

I ripped my CD and played it in Kodi.

CD Art looked great.

When I checked my CD Folder as well as the tracks it had four CD art files/pictures as in pic below.

I am not sure where they came from, I wonder if Artist Slideshow added them.

I am also not sure why I have three copies of the album art?

If not any ideas what may have put them there?

(2020-02-07, 17:46)Jeffers24 Wrote: Looking for help/advice.

CD Art looked great.
What program to rip the CD did you use?
(2020-02-07, 17:54)Caesarius Wrote:

CD Art looked great.
I think I used WinX dvd ripper.

The image files are not in my folder on my laptop, only in my folder on android.

CD Art looked great.

When I checked my CD Folder as well as the tracks it had four CD art files/pictures as in pic below.

I am not sure where they came from, I wonder if Artist Slideshow added them.

It's definitely not AS.  It doesn't do album art at all.
(2020-02-07, 21:53)pkscout Wrote:
It's definitely not AS.  It doesn't do album art at all. 
It was created by his ripping program.
(2020-02-07, 17:46)Jeffers24 Wrote: I am not sure where they came from, I wonder if Artist Slideshow added them.

Windows media player (and windows itself, through your choice of libraries) makes these. They are usually hidden (sometimes as system), so they can be irritating to deal with.
(2020-02-13, 17:00)kvdex Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 17:46)Jeffers24 Wrote: I am not sure where they came from, I wonder if Artist Slideshow added them.

Windows media player (and windows itself, through your choice of libraries) makes these. They are usually hidden (sometimes as system), so they can be irritating to deal with. 

Yes, definitely from Windows.

scott s.
(2020-02-13, 17:00)kvdex Wrote:

Interesting, I can't see the images in my ripped CD folders on my windows 10 laptop, I saw them when looking at the ripped CD folders on my android box.

I need to do some reading and educate myself on the best way to obtain and store album artwork with my ripped CDs so that it always shows correctly in Kodi when playing.

Thanks for responses
(2020-02-14, 08:32)Jeffers24 Wrote: I need to do some reading and educate myself on the best way to obtain and store album artwork with my ripped CDs so that it always shows correctly in Kodi when playing.
Start here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-14, 08:46)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-02-14, 08:32)Jeffers24 Wrote: I need to do some reading and educate myself on the best way to obtain and store album artwork with my ripped CDs so that it always shows correctly in Kodi when playing.
Start here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork 

Thanks
(2020-02-07, 17:58)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 17:54)Caesarius Wrote:

CD Art looked great.
I think I used WinX dvd ripper.

The image files are not in my folder on my laptop, only in my folder on android.  

Oh yes they are (on your laptop), they're just hidden from you, which is why you can see them on android, and not in Windows. The "AlbumArtSmall" clutter files you see here are a right real PITA created by none other than Microsoft's Windows Media Player and it's associated service that monitors the user account "My Music" Folder. I cannot stress this strongly enough (If you don't want all your folder.jpg's resized to 200x200px and this clutter added):

Do NOT add or playback music in Windows Media Player, or store music in the default "My Music" folder under your Windows account!

Removing it (WMP) isn't really an option either, as it also removes some media device icons used by the Windows OS, so all you''ll see is white plain "paper-sheet" style icons for those devices. Get yourself some other music player like Winamp, MediaMonkey or Foobar, and keep your music out of the user account "My Music" folder as well. There is no other way to prevent the Windows Media Player / Service from screwing with your artwork without your prior knowledge or consent, other than to simply avoid it altogether.

Gib.
Removing "Multimedia Support / Features" (and hence WMP and the WMPNetworkService) from Windows via "Add/Remove Programs - Turn Windows Features On or Off" will also stop "Cast To..." functionality from working, which strangely doesn't seem to mess with album artwork, as far as i've experienced thus far (Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this one).

Not sure if that other piece of garbage they coded (Groove Music Player) also exhibits the same "functionality" as WMP. Once bitten, twice shy. I don't use it. Get a decent music player:

Winamp: https://getwacup.com/ (Don't use the latest one from Winamp.com, as it's buggy as hell and the WASAPI plugin doesn't work properly).

Wink

Gib.
(2020-02-16, 01:14)gibxxi Wrote: Removing "Multimedia Support / Features" (and hence WMP and the WMPNetworkService) from Windows via "Add/Remove Programs - Turn Windows Features On or Off" will also stop "Cast To..." functionality from working, which strangely doesn't seem to mess with album artwork, as far as i've experienced thus far (Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this one).

Not sure if that other piece of garbage they coded (Groove Music Player) also exhibits the same "functionality" as WMP. Once bitten, twice shy. I don't use it. Get a decent music player:

Winamp: https://getwacup.com/ (Don't use the latest one from Winamp.com, as it's buggy as hell and the WASAPI plugin doesn't work properly).

Wink

Gib.
I have VLC installed on my laptop, will using that be OK?

Are you able to share a link where I can pick up album art for my ripped CDs?
(2020-02-16, 01:14)gibxxi Wrote: Removing "Multimedia Support / Features" (and hence WMP and the WMPNetworkService) from Windows via "Add/Remove Programs - Turn Windows Features On or Off" will also stop "Cast To..." functionality from working, which strangely doesn't seem to mess with album artwork, as far as i've experienced thus far (Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this one).

Wink

Gib.

Windows is causing me a problem in that the album art it pulls in is not always correct, see example in pic below where all the album arts should be the same as the third one.

Given I can't see these album art files in windows how do I delete them?

They only show incorrectly on my windows laptop, on android following changes I made they are now showing correctly.

(2020-02-16, 11:04)Jeffers24 Wrote:

Wink

Gib.

Windows is causing me a problem in that the album art it pulls in is not always correct, see example in pic below where all the album arts should be the same as the third one.

Given I can't see these album art files in windows how do I delete them?

They only show incorrectly on my windows laptop, on android following changes I made they are now showing correctly.

You'll need to open an explorer window (Windows Explorer) at the item location, and temporarily open up the advanced view settings dialog:

Ribbon Menu - > View -> Options (Far Right-hand-side)

In the dialog box that opens, select the "View" tab. Select the radio button for the option marked "Show Hidden files, folders and drives", you'll probably also need to uncheck the checkbox labelled "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" as Windows considers these clutter artwork files as "system files". It does the same for any Folder.jpg's with a leading upper case "F", but bizarrely ignores any files named folder.jpg (lower case "f"). For the second item, it will display a warning dialog box. As this is just a temporary change, just accept it and move on.

You can then click OK / Apply (or both) and the changes will be applied to all Windows Explorer instances. It is possible to hide / unhide files via the option in the ribbon menu too, but this won't affect system files, hence my reasoning behind showing you how to do both from the same dialog window. Once your done, you can (and probably should) reverse the above back to defaults.

You should then be able to see all the hidden clutter art in the album folder, and any other affected folder, as these changes are applied globally. Don't rule out the fact that the artwork may also be embedded into the actual music files too, so you might need to use a 3rd-party tool to remove/change that. I use "Tag&Rename" software for that, as it's superior in this regard to "MP3tag" IMHO. Or you could set up MusicBrainz Picard which also has a Fanart.tv plugin available where it can be configured to replace existing artwork embedded into music files, but Picard isn't for the faint of heart.

Hope this helps.

Gib.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is this artwork coming from?0