• 7(current)
Release [ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION
By the way, a subject for reflection ...
The screenshots show a clear example of poster distortion at proportions other than 2:3. The poster was overlaid with a transparency of 50%.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 - poster 1066x1500.
Thor: Ragnarok - poster 1000x1426 (fanart.tv)
Captain Marvel - poster 1000x1500 (2:3)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
sure, posters, the main cover and also the character poster are running in stretched mode aka locked.
Videos are old i have fixed this some time ago for a better look. But it's always a compromise.

main cover poster is on my side now in fanart.tv aspect ratio (locked=stretched)
character posters are running in 2:3 aspect ratio (locked=stretched)

on this view i can do this that way cause i hide the case when the character poster sideshow begins and appearing again when over.
But when someone wants to run the sideshow in the case it's a matter of decision... stretch the case for fanart.tv aspect ratio or 2:3 aspect ratio...
on case views, wall views and horizontal (left to right) list views poster is always in stretched mode. Only on normal list views and on dialogvideoinfo it's better possible to have poster in natural aspect ratio.

On some views i make also another compromise, i took the average solution of fanart.tv aspect and 2:3 aspect ratio... so it's stretching both but not to heavy than on stretching so a specific.
____

EDIT: first intention was to stretch the cases this ugly way on screenshots was cause it is the native aspect ratio of the skin texture image. Cause i thought then this must be that way but meanwhile i have to admit this is nonsense cause every skinner stretching the cases on it's need.
in my opinion it is nonsense to focus on a specific aspect ratio cause meanwhile we have to life with both, the fanart.tv one and 2:3.
For example when a guy wants to use TMDB Original poster they are in 2:3 and another wants to use Fanart.tv poster which have another aspect ratio so it's stretching it on one guy depented on how the skinner defined the locked aspect ratio there.
Also if a guy wants to use Fanart.tv poster but on several movies no content there it's falling back to a TMDB poster with another aspect ratio and get anyway a stretching.

but i have to admit the ugly screenshots of the old videos are either one of this both aspect ratios... they was more 10:16 or more stretched.
I conducted an experiment, uploaded two identical posters, but with different sizes: poster1 - 1000x1426, poster2 - 1000x1500. It is bad that there is no single standard. I immediately see when the poster is distorted and I do not like it. Therefore, for myself, I do all the media content myself and store it locally.  Sad

Image Image
(2020-02-19, 01:13)Konon Wrote: It is bad that there is no single standard.
agree! But we have to live with that either fanart.tv or tmdb will change its conventions or retouch it's billions content afterwards (tmdb didn't even have conventions... 2:3 aspect just got the most common)
But many don't even notice or don't care.

Pretty sure you also notice this currently more extreme cause you came into the matter more focussing on it.
(2020-02-19, 01:22)chrissix Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 01:13)Konon Wrote: It is bad that there is no single standard.
agree! But we have to live with that either fanart.tv or tmdb will change its conventions or retouch it's billions content afterwards (tmdb didn't even have conventions... 2:3 aspect just got the most common)
But many don't even notice or don't care.

Pretty sure you also notice this currently more extreme cause you came into the matter more focussing on it. 
I noticed this as soon as I switched to KODI. We can say that thanks to this I began to make media content myself.  Smile
(2020-02-19, 01:13)Konon Wrote: Therefore, for myself, I do all the media content myself and store it locally. 

Yep, I do the same.  I won't scrape any artwork and will resize them to keep them consistent or clean them up with PS.
(2020-02-19, 21:06)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Yep, I do the same.
Me too in pretty ugly resuts! But we are a small minority, a marginalized group.
But the collective have the chance to raise quality scrape results in voting up on fanart.tv, voting up or down on TMDB (on AAA movies main result is locked)
also on kyraDB there is a nice voting system.
@Karellen 

@Konon will post a random post into the content thread, can you please set this post on first place on thread so he get thread owner permission. He will continue the project.

EDIT: Oh i see 2 new posts are needed, also 1 to edit the list
(2020-02-19, 21:21)chrissix Wrote: @Konon will post a random post into the content thread
No, it does not work that way. To set the the first post, I need a post from Konon from before the date of your first post.

Your first post in this thread is 2019-07-11, 22:17 but Konon did not join until 2019-09-01 so I cannot set him as first post.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-19, 22:23)Karellen Wrote: No, it does not work that way.
Sry didn't know that  Rofl
So really no way way to get him on top on the thread?
Thread ownership is secondary but primary for get him on top for maintain further the list.
The best we can do is for him to post the changes required, and one of us will copy and paste it into the first post.

I can't imagine too many changes required to the first post. Are you referring to this thread or another thread?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-19, 22:42)Karellen Wrote: The best we can do is for him to post the changes required, and one of us will copy and paste it into the first post.
sry i don't quite understand this sentence... stupid germans like me.

It's about this thread and more about #2 -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2867124
(2020-02-19, 23:08)chrissix Wrote: sry i don't quite understand this sentence
If konon needs to add some more information to one of your posts, he just needs to write up what needs to be added. Then he can either PM me or one of the other mods, or he can post his changes in a new post in the thread and we will copy and paste it into the first post, then we will delete the post requesting the change.
My Signature
(2020-02-19, 23:17)Karellen Wrote: If konon needs to add some more information to one of your posts, he just needs to write up what needs to be added. Then he can either PM me or one of the other mods, or he can post his changes in a new post in the thread and we will copy and paste it into the first post, then we will delete the post requesting the change.
ok as i unterstand you correctly my request is not possible.
i know it's also not possible to change a post ownership.
but mods like you @Karellen are able to edit posts? Also on source code level?

for example this is the source code of the well maintained #2 list -> https://pastebin.com/VCW8tsMx
short linking concept recapitulation:
list is linking to post of the preview images of the poster set of a movie
in this poster set there is a also link to the KyraDB movie entry with the original artwork content.
in the KyraDB movie entry there are 2 big buttons linking back to IMDB or TMDB
So 1 click to previews, and 2 clicks to the content.

hm... it sounds a bit complicated to to that...
Would you maybe agree permission for a own thread for the list? and i delete #2 of my list.
So just outsourcing the list.

If you think 3 threads for this project is bit too much for this tiny project i can delete the discussion thread (it's only for keep the content thread clean but still can talk about)
on @Konon's new thread the list is placed and discussion and stuff can be continued under it.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION3