Solved [REQUEST] Disney+
(2019-12-07, 05:35)Leafchip Wrote: Disney lowered DRM settings and now Disney+ works on Linux etc.
All I have is LibreELEC and a tv controller, so this will be perfect for my mom!
Looks like some basic work is already done:
https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...issues/353
another +many for a Disney+ add-on.

tl;dr: I want legitimate add-ons for all the streaming services. might be revenue stream for Kodi Foundation.
Kodi: The One Media Center To Rule Them All - better than Plex, which doesn't support ISO files; Kodi does.

My longer, rambling, stream-of-consciousness version...

Seems to me a Disney+ add-on and others like it could be a revenue stream. Not necessarily to get rich and buy Teslas and such, but a bit to fund development.

Contact Disney, coordinate with them so it works with their licensing and is a "blessed" add-on. Blessed by both Disney and Kodi.

Perhaps they could donate a buck for each Kodi user who installs the add-on and signs on *legitimately*.
They're not making money off the monthly license - it's from the advertising. I'm sure they're already tracking how people connect, so asking Disney to throw a few bucks towards Kodi every 100 or 1000 logins via Kodi's Disney+ add-on seems quite reasonable to me.

Perhaps the same for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, CBS all-access, etc., etc. I'd love for the prime Kodi developers to make some bucks for their work!
(and yes, I did donate; not much, but enough for a few people to go to McDonalds...)

I would *love* to have legitimate add-ons for everything we watch on cable. I can flip around one place for cable, another for Kodi, yet more for this, that, and the other bunch of services, but it's annoying and I'm constantly picking up the wrong remote.

My wife could do it, but... fustercluck...

Wife, kids, and I all can use Kodi for all our DVDs (ripped to ISO files, which Kodi is mostly fine with - and Plex doesn't support at all; big win for Kodi in my book!)

Making Kodi our magical do-everything media center would be huge! I'd finally be able to cut the cord!

-ajw-
It is possible.

Looks like only up-to 720p in Kodi though due to higher resolution requiring Widevine Level 1 (kodi widevine is only level 3).

For it to work, HLS with Widevine support needs to be added to Inputstream Adaptive.

I have started a discussion about that here:
https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...issues/353

Work is underway on it.
(2019-12-13, 05:20)matthuisman Wrote: It is possible.

Looks like only up-to 720p in Kodi though due to higher resolution requiring Widevine Level 1 (kodi widevine is only level 3).
Well we can still go for a Nvidia Shield or some other Android device with proper widevine level later
Nice work
(2019-12-13, 05:20)matthuisman Wrote: It is possible.

I assume this could be similar to the Amazon vod app which uses Chrome OS as a basis for better windvine and if so we could get better resolutions? Hopefully someone with a better understanding here can make the app in time for Disney+ being released to more countries as I have no intent to illegally watch this but would rather use my RPi than get a Roku or alike.
Id rather have a Disney+ skin for Kodi. Would have thought that would have been Made by now.
Disney+ addon is available on samsung tv
looked in to it at this time it onky has 6500 shows and 600 movies less then what i have in my dvd collection
(2020-02-25, 23:28)Rick32 Wrote: Id rather have a Disney+ skin for Kodi. Would have thought that would have been Made by now.

That kind of thing tends to fall foul of image, brand and logo copyright and trademarks.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-02-26, 09:34)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2020-02-25, 23:28)Rick32 Wrote: Id rather have a Disney+ skin for Kodi. Would have thought that would have been Made by now.

That kind of thing tends to fall foul of image, brand and logo copyright and trademarks.

looking at google images it looks like a row of banners then a row of studio icon then rows of thumb view
 https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/23/20830...s-benefits

the hardest would be all studio icons
I think most Kodi skins already look 10x better than the Disney+ interface anyway. Arctic Zephyr 2 is so much better than their UI Smile
is this in beta yet?
(2020-03-06, 11:45)markeymark Wrote: is this in beta yet?

Beta? No-one's even making one!
(2020-03-06, 12:42)Hitcher Wrote:

it was mentioned in this thread that someone is working on it!!!
(2020-03-07, 14:43)markeymark Wrote:
(2020-03-06, 12:42)Hitcher Wrote:

Check the pictures of glennguy in https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...issues/353 , not public yet and inputstream.adaptive seems to be also not ready yet
(2020-03-08, 21:02)kuluba Wrote:
(2020-03-07, 14:43)markeymark Wrote:
(2020-03-06, 12:42)Hitcher Wrote: Beta? No-one's even making one!  
Check the pictures of glennguy in https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...issues/353 , not public yet and inputstream.adaptive seems to be also not ready yet 

thanks for that

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Disney+1