• 135(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod
(2020-02-22, 19:44)wags1 Wrote: I think this issue started after Artist Slideshow was updated to the new version. When listening to music I typically use Layout 7 (but I have tried other layouts and it they act the same way). If, using the Settings menu, I select "Slideshow" I just get 1 background picture and it never changes. If I select "Skinhelper Script" the background picture changes as it should. One of the odd things is if I bring up the Settings menu and select "Slideshow", as long as I keep the menu on the screen I can see the background changing but as soon as I dismiss the menu it goes back to the single background and never changes. One other thing I noticed is that within the Artist Slideshow addon settings I have "Use fallback slideshow" enabled and have it pointed to a folder that has a bunch of pictures. In the past when Artist Slideshow could not locate artist pictures it would display images from that folder. That is no longer working either. All this was working fine previously.

I was hoping someone could try this so I could determine if it's just an issue unique to me or if their is something not working correctly. Thanks!
As a test I dropped back to AS 2.1.5 and I have the same issues so I'm guessing it has something to do with changes to the skin or some combination of AS and skin. I'll note one other item that doesn't work anymore either is the secondary artist. When that was enabled it used to scroll album art for secondary artists but that art is no longer displayed (just grey squares with a star in the middle). Again it does not matter if I'm running the current release of AS or 2.1.5. Be happy to post logs if that would help. Just let me know the specific scenario you would like me to run.
@wags1

The Artist Slideshow Add-on was using last.fm to pull similar artist info, but last.fm is no longer providing that info. I have a workaround to get those images working again, but it's fairly time consuming.

1. Go to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation and select the artist you want to work on.
2. Open the file lastfmartistsimilar.nfo file with a text editor.
3. In that file you will see a list of the similar artists with 6 links to images for each artist.
4. Go to https://www.last.fm/ and search for the artist that you want to add images for.
5. On the artist's page, down and to the right will be a list of photos. Select one to open the photos page.
6. Once you decide on an image, right click on that image and select View Image Info (Firefox).
7. Copy the URL in the location field. It will look similar to this one for The Eagles (https://lastfm.freetls.fastly.net/i/u/77...0571f5b6ce).
8. Replace the URL for all 6 images with the new URL.
9. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the artists in the file.
@latts9923 

Thanks for that. I was not aware of that but now it makes perfect sense. Normally I listen to streaming music (Pandoki) so that work around won't help. No worries. I just keep that feature turned off. I used to use Layout 6 and I can't seem to find a way to turn that feature off for that layout. so I've been using Layout 7 instead. It would be great if that could be turned off in Layout 6.

Any thoughts on why the Fallback Slideshow doesn't work anymore?
I had some time to do a bit more testing and here is what I have found.

If I run the default skin (Estuary), when playing music (works the same if playing music from my local music library or streaming) Artist Slideshow runs as expected based on my AS settings. It scrolls thru the artist images it finds and, if it doesn't find any artist images it scrolls thru the images I have in my fallback image folder. If I then switch over to the Leia Mod (for the testing I used Layout 7 but did try Layout 6 and 5 and it behaved the same way) and play music (again it works the same if playing music from my local music library or streaming) if I select "Slideshow" in the settings menu when music is playing it only displays a single artist image and never changes. If I select "Skinhelper Service" instead of "Slideshow" it does cycle thru artist images but if it does not find any artist images it just displays a black screen and does not display any of the images in my fallback image folder. Again one odd thing to note is that if I bring up the Settings menu while music is playing and select "Slideshow", as long as I keep the menu on the screen I can see the background changing but as soon as I dismiss the menu it goes back to the single background and never changes.

Hope the description of the issue helps. Be happy to provide logs if needed. Thanks!
@wags1, I'd have to look at your musicvisualization.xml file, but might this similar MQ8 problem be of some help?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2925660
@jasn That very well could be the issue. I was suspecting some issue in the musicvisualization.xml file was causing the problem but wasn't sure where to look. I'll take a look at that line later today. Thanks for the pointer!
@jasn That fixed it, thanks!! It also resolved the issue with it not using the fallback image folder if no artists images are found.

@latts9923 Something to add to the fixes for the next release - 
Line 60 of the Musicvisualisation.xml file needs to be fixed per this post - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2925660
(2020-02-26, 15:58)wags1 Wrote: @jasn That fixed it, thanks!! It also resolved the issue with it not using the fallback image folder if no artists images are found.

Line 60 of the Musicvisualisation.xml file needs to be fixed per this post - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2925660
Glad to be of help. Doesn't it feel great to see a problem dissappear? Makes my day.
(2020-02-26, 16:11)jasn Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 15:58)wags1 Wrote: @jasn That fixed it, thanks!! It also resolved the issue with it not using the fallback image folder if no artists images are found.

Glad to be of help. Doesn't it feel great to see a problem dissappear? Makes my day. 
It sure does, and this one had me pulling my hair out...LOL. My main use case for Kodi anymore is music. Honestly I don't use it for anything else anymore. If I was ambitious I'd really like to create a "Jukebox" apk that was Kodi based but stripped out everything else to make it easy and lightweight.
(2020-02-26, 16:43)wags1 Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 16:11)jasn Wrote:

It sure does, and this one had me pulling my hair out...LOL. My main use case for Kodi anymore is music. Honestly I don't use it for anything else anymore. If I was ambitious I'd really like to create a "Jukebox" apk that was Kodi based but stripped out everything else to make it easy and lightweight.
I use Kodi completely the same way and have often thought about how to create a stripped down version. Maybe someday...
(2020-02-26, 16:58)jasn Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 16:43)wags1 Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 16:11)jasn Wrote: Glad to be of help. Doesn't it feel great to see a problem dissappear? Makes my day. 
I use Kodi completely the same way and have often thought about how to create a stripped down version. Maybe someday...

All it needs is music and weather. I’d like it to have all the Layouts and obviously Artist Slideshow. The ability to access and play music locally, either on the device or from a NAS (all my local music is on my Synology NAS), and some addons for streaming (I use Pandoki). Everything else could be stripped out. All we need is some help from an experienced skinner...hey latts...wink, wink...😀
(2020-02-26, 14:25)jasn Wrote: @wags1, I'd have to look at your musicvisualization.xml file, but might this similar MQ8 problem be of some help?

Thanks, this fixed issue 4 for me, reported in message #1943.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2020-02-27, 17:13)MB1968 Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 14:25)jasn Wrote: @wags1, I'd have to look at your musicvisualization.xml file, but might this similar MQ8 problem be of some help?

Thanks, this fixed issue 4 for me, reported in message #1943. 
That's good to know @MB1968 .  I saw your post earlier and wondered if the issues were connected.
@jasn, the fallback slideshow not working was kind of bummer. My Kodi music database contains a lot of obscure artist names. Most of them are aliasses, being used by house music producers. There's no fanart avaliable for these artists using nicknames. I'm glad you were able to help me solving the fallback slideshow issue.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@wags1
Yeah, I added that fix to MQ 7 and MQ 8. It will be part of the next update for both skins.
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod13