Music Video display date choosing od values
I have some MP4 music videos (with non standard names), so subsequently I had to create <musicvideo> videoname.nfo files for Kodi to pick them up in the MusicVideos section of the Library (The Library is set for "Local" scraping).
What's odd is, when I display Music, MusicVideos in "List" format, I see the correct name on the left and a CCYY year on the right.
   A Charlie Brown Christmas                           1065
   Nobody Does It Better                                 2009
The problem is, the date is (obviously) incorrect.

In my videoname.nfo file I have:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>  
<musicvideo>  
    <title>A Charlie Brown Christmas Complete Soundtrack</title>  
    <premiered>1965</premiered>  
    <year>1965</year>  
    <album>A Charlie Brown Christmas</album>  
    <artist>Vince Guaraldi</artist>  
    <plot>blah</plot>  
    <genre>Pop</genre>  
    <tag>YouTubeVideos</tag>  
</musicvideo>

According to the wiki, this should work.

Now just by luck, I changed "premiered" to "dateadded" and saved the nfo file.
    <dateadded>1965</dateadded>  
I exited the display, then went back in to the "List" and guess what?
My dates are now correct.
   A Charlie Brown Christmas                           1965
   Nobody Does It Better                                 1977

Has anybody had this problem?
I suspect that if you removed the <dateadded> value it would work too - it was the <premiered> upsetting things - but that is a guess, I know little about music video stuff. Anyone else like to step up?
I don't think <premiered> is used for music video.  Never had any problem with <year>.  ISTM "1065" is a "bad data" indicator.  You might see something if you turn on debug logging when you scan the files.

scott s.
(2020-02-26, 18:57)DaveBlake Wrote: I suspect that if you removed the <dateadded> value it would work too - it was the <premiered> upsetting things - but that is a guess, I know little about music video stuff. Anyone else like to step up?

This area is on my to-do list as I agree that it is totally inadequate for its purpose.  I can either add my concerts as films, in which case I get a better experience but more pain keeping them separate (and they do not link into the rest of the music library) or add them as music videos in which case artists etc do link up (sometimes!) but the info dialog lacks much information compared to a film.

Not even looked at this area yet, but be prepared Dave Wink
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-02-26, 18:19)spetragl Wrote:     <premiered>1965</premiered>  
This is the problem. Premiered takes priority over Year when it is available and the member is using the wrong format.

The correct format is yyyy-mm-dd

<premiered>2008-07-10</premiered>

If you do not want month and day, then do not use Premiered. Use Year.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-26, 20:58)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 18:19)spetragl Wrote:     <premiered>1965</premiered>  
This is the problem. Premiered takes priority over Year when it is available and the member is using the wrong format.

The correct format is yyyy-mm-dd<premiered>2008-07-10</premiered>

If you do not want month and day, then do not use Premiered. Use Year. 
This is very interesting. As somebody with a lot of videos in this area, I have to ask: can we sort/filter (range)/etc by <premiered>? I doubt it but, maybe someday - possible?
(2020-02-27, 10:36)Daydream Wrote: can we sort/filter (range)/etc by <premiered>?
Yes. The sort by <premiered> is more accurate than the sort by <year>.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Video display date choosing od values0