• 28(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a strange one.
I have my location set for Germiston, South Africa. Everything is showing correct except the season. We are in Spring here but it is reflecting Autumn?
(2019-10-07, 14:54)Patrick123 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I have my location set for Germiston, South Africa. Everything is showing correct except the season. We are in Spring here but it is reflecting Autumn?

My apologies, I forgot to mention that I'm using the Aeon MQ 8 skin.
(2019-10-07, 15:02)Patrick123 Wrote: My apologies, I forgot to mention that I'm using the Aeon MQ 8 skin.
Double check the outcome in Kodi's system default skin Estuary.
(2019-10-07, 15:02)Patrick123 Wrote:
(2019-10-07, 14:54)Patrick123 Wrote: Hi Guys,

My apologies, I forgot to mention that I'm using the Aeon MQ 8 skin. 

I see that it is an Aeon MQ 8 issue that I need to resolve. There is supposed to be a season setting somewhere there.
(2019-10-07, 15:32)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-10-07, 15:02)Patrick123 Wrote: My apologies, I forgot to mention that I'm using the Aeon MQ 8 skin.
Double check the outcome in Kodi's system default skin Estuary. 
Thanks Klojum.
The Estuary skin does not show the season, and looking at the code, the Aeon MQ 8 references a northamerica or southamerica option to decide on the season. I just need to dig deeper as I cannot find the option in the settings.
To change between northern or southern hemisphere in MQ8 go to weather season in sub menu.
(2019-10-07, 16:11)rocko Wrote: To change between northern or southern hemisphere in MQ8 go to weather season in sub menu.

Thanks Rocko, I found it. All sorted.  Smile
@ronie, I am trying to run version 5.0.5 under the latest Matrix nightly.  I cannot set any location, and I am getting the following error in the log:

xml:

2019-10-14 18:30:32.486 T:17308   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid syntax (default.py, line 114)
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.yahoo\default.py", line 114
                                                print str(item)
                                                        ^
                                            SyntaxError: invalid syntax
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Is this related to Python 3 compatibility? Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,

Bart
yup. though that print statement shouldn't be there to begin with...

i'll add py3 versions of all my addon to the repo soon.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I have a strange question. I run a really old version of Kodi (16.1) on a new Fire Stick 4K since the newer versions of Kodi do not work with my Verizon FIOS Media Server (DLNA / uPnP). Anyhoo - Kodi 16.1 comes with Yahoo Weather app version 3.3.3 and it loads but won't let me enter a city in locations. No matter what I type, it keeps failing. I downloaded and tried the latest version of the Yahoo Weather addon (5.0.6) but it wouldn't install. There was an error message (too fast to read) about dependencies or something.

Is there a version of the Yahoo Weather addon that will work with Kodi 16.1 or am I out of luck ?

I run the latest version of Libreelec on (2) Intel NUC's and the latest version of the Yahoo Weather addon works fine with them.
I don't think any weather addons work in Jarvis anymore.
I was using Yahoo Weather from Kodi Repo on Kodi 19 for some days.
Today I get an update that it is broken in the Repo and disabled, with the suggestion to use multi weather.
Is this just temporary till fix applied.

oops, sorry, i forgot to post a heads-up in here.

for Kodi 19 i will indeed stop with the yahoo addon.
it's been replaced with the Multi Weather addon.
It's basically the same addon (still uses Yahoo) but with a few extras.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-02-26, 19:36)ronie Wrote: oops, sorry, i forgot to post a heads-up in here.

Thanks for letting me know, I will change to Multi Weather addon
(2020-02-26, 19:36)ronie Wrote: oops, sorry, i forgot to post a heads-up in here.

Thanks for that info Smile

I guess I will continue to use Yahoo weather until Kodi 19 comes out then I will start using Multi Weather Smile
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1