• 362(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
@Edworld

Unfortunately I am unable to help as I do not use nfs shares, nor know how they work.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Wanted to give an update on the trailers...
Quote:Getting Trailer URL!!! Error - Running action [Get trailer URL] threw [The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests.]

Now when I go to youtube it makes me verify that I am not a robot.
Quote:Sorry for the interruption. We have been receiving a large volume of requests from your network.
To continue with your YouTube experience, please fill out the form below.
(2020-02-09, 00:44)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-02-08, 07:52)Ozpeg Wrote: I have just exported my movie collection to the "Movie Card Filter" and noticed the 'Stars' is not displaying, despite having scraped them, and can see them in MC

When I check the template I can see the note (below)

NOTE: This template has a Stars category that may need batch re-scraping.
      Sometimes an image whose aspect ratio is less than 75% may cause an anomaly - use
      the crop tool to fix any issues

Looking further down i can see this line :

<td><b>Stars:</b></td><td colspan="2"><span id="stars_<<counter>>"> <<stars>></span></td>
This line looks to be of the same formatting as genre, outline etc.,

The other data is showing fine (genre, outline, rating, certification and time) - si there a simple tweak I'd have to make to the template to have the stars showing ?

It seems to be working for me.

It's working for me as well... is there any way to pick which items are included in the list to customize it? Any way to export to PDF?
(2020-03-02, 00:45)huttdes Wrote: It's working for me as well... is there any way to pick which items are included in the list to customize it? Any way to export to PDF?

The Templates are user adjustable.
Look in the html_templates folder and open the file 1Export Template Guide.txt
More info on our Wiki page Creating an HTML, XML, or CSV Export Template
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-02-29, 20:44)artistwantab Wrote: Wanted to give an update on the trailers...
Quote:Getting Trailer URL!!! Error - Running action [Get trailer URL] threw [The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests.]

Now when I go to youtube it makes me verify that I am not a robot.
Quote:Sorry for the interruption. We have been receiving a large volume of requests from your network.
To continue with your YouTube experience, please fill out the form below.
This is such a moving target at the moment, specially as I see the Youtube addon for Kodi now requires a user API to operate correctly.

Not sure when I will get trailers resolved in MC
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-03-03, 09:30)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-03-02, 00:45)huttdes Wrote: It's working for me as well... is there any way to pick which items are included in the list to customize it? Any way to export to PDF?

The Templates are user adjustable.
Look in the html_templates folder and open the file 1Export Template Guide.txt
More info on our Wiki page Creating an HTML, XML, or CSV Export Template 

Thank you.
Hi @vbat99 
I'm running the latest version. I scrape the following movie & this is what I get:
Why is it not scraping the ratings correctly?
Thanks
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2020-03-07, 18:24)JanM201 Wrote: Hi @vbat99 
I'm running the latest version. I scrape the following movie & this is what I get:
Thanks

So I finally got enough time to look into this, and the error of N/A for votes amount is a glitch with OMDb API, where we get the Tomato ratings from.
Sorry, out of Media Companions hands.

Results from OMDB for Knives Out
Code:
<movie title="Knives Out" language="English, Spanish, Hindi" Website="N/A" Production="Lionsgate" BoxOffice="N/A" DVD="N/A" tomatoeURL="https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/knives_out" tomatoUserReviews="N/A" tomatoUserRating="4.4" tomatoUserMeter="92" tomatoConsensus="Knives Out sharpens old murder-mystery tropes with a keenly assembled suspense outing that makes brilliant use of writer-director Rian Johnson's stellar ensemble." tomatoRotten="14" tomatoFresh="413" tomatoReviews="427" tomatoRating="8.3" tomatoImage="certified" tomatoMeter="97" type="movie" imdbID="tt8946378" imdbVotes="189,130" imdbRating="8.0" metascore="82" poster="https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMGUwZjliMTAtNzAxZi00MWNiLWE2NzgtZGUxMGQxZjhhNDRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU1NzU3MzE@._V1_SX300.jpg" awards="Nominated for 1 Oscar. Another 43 wins & 86 nominations." country="USA" plot="A detective investigates the death of a patriarch of an eccentric, combative family." actors="Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis" writer="Rian Johnson" director="Rian Johnson" genre="Comedy, Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller" runtime="131 min" released="27 Nov 2019" rated="PG-13" year="2019"/>

Results for movie Brave
Code:
<movie title="Brave" language="English" Website="N/A" Production="Walt Disney Pictures" BoxOffice="$237,282,182" DVD="13 Nov 2012" tomatoeURL="http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/brave_2012/" tomatoUserReviews="279139" tomatoUserRating="3.9" tomatoUserMeter="76" tomatoConsensus="Brave offers young audiences and fairy tale fans a rousing, funny fantasy adventure with a distaff twist and surprising depth." tomatoRotten="54" tomatoFresh="193" tomatoReviews="247" tomatoRating="7.0" tomatoImage="certified" tomatoMeter="78" type="movie" imdbID="tt1217209" imdbVotes="352,838" imdbRating="7.1" metascore="69" poster="https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzgwODk3ODA1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU3NjQ0Nw@@._V1_SX300.jpg" awards="Won 1 Oscar. Another 19 wins & 48 nominations." country="USA, UK" plot="Determined to make her own path in life, Princess Merida (Kelly Macdonald) defies a custom that brings chaos to her kingdom. Granted one wish, Merida must rely on her bravery and her archery skills to undo a beastly curse." actors="Kelly Macdonald, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters" writer="Brenda Chapman (story by), Mark Andrews (screenplay by), Steve Purcell (screenplay by), Brenda Chapman (screenplay by), Irene Mecchi (screenplay by)" director="Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman, Steve Purcell(co-director)" genre="Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Family, Fantasy" runtime="93 min" released="22 Jun 2012" rated="PG" year="2012"/>

The tag to look for is tomatoUserReviews, and you'll see the reply for Knives Out shows N/A
Media Companion Dev.
Thanks very much for letting us know Laugh
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2020-03-14, 22:41)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-03-07, 18:24)JanM201 Wrote: Hi @vbat99 
Thanks

So I finally got enough time to look into this, and the error of N/A for votes amount is a glitch with OMDb API, where we get the Tomato ratings from.
Sorry, out of Media Companions hands.

Results from OMDB for Knives Out
Code:
<movie title="Knives Out" language="English, Spanish, Hindi" Website="N/A" Production="Lionsgate" BoxOffice="N/A" DVD="N/A" tomatoeURL="https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/knives_out" tomatoUserReviews="N/A" tomatoUserRating="4.4" tomatoUserMeter="92" tomatoConsensus="Knives Out sharpens old murder-mystery tropes with a keenly assembled suspense outing that makes brilliant use of writer-director Rian Johnson's stellar ensemble." tomatoRotten="14" tomatoFresh="413" tomatoReviews="427" tomatoRating="8.3" tomatoImage="certified" tomatoMeter="97" type="movie" imdbID="tt8946378" imdbVotes="189,130" imdbRating="8.0" metascore="82" poster="https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMGUwZjliMTAtNzAxZi00MWNiLWE2NzgtZGUxMGQxZjhhNDRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU1NzU3MzE@._V1_SX300.jpg" awards="Nominated for 1 Oscar. Another 43 wins & 86 nominations." country="USA" plot="A detective investigates the death of a patriarch of an eccentric, combative family." actors="Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis" writer="Rian Johnson" director="Rian Johnson" genre="Comedy, Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller" runtime="131 min" released="27 Nov 2019" rated="PG-13" year="2019"/>

Results for movie Brave
Code:
<movie title="Brave" language="English" Website="N/A" Production="Walt Disney Pictures" BoxOffice="$237,282,182" DVD="13 Nov 2012" tomatoeURL="http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/brave_2012/" tomatoUserReviews="279139" tomatoUserRating="3.9" tomatoUserMeter="76" tomatoConsensus="Brave offers young audiences and fairy tale fans a rousing, funny fantasy adventure with a distaff twist and surprising depth." tomatoRotten="54" tomatoFresh="193" tomatoReviews="247" tomatoRating="7.0" tomatoImage="certified" tomatoMeter="78" type="movie" imdbID="tt1217209" imdbVotes="352,838" imdbRating="7.1" metascore="69" poster="https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzgwODk3ODA1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU3NjQ0Nw@@._V1_SX300.jpg" awards="Won 1 Oscar. Another 19 wins & 48 nominations." country="USA, UK" plot="Determined to make her own path in life, Princess Merida (Kelly Macdonald) defies a custom that brings chaos to her kingdom. Granted one wish, Merida must rely on her bravery and her archery skills to undo a beastly curse." actors="Kelly Macdonald, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters" writer="Brenda Chapman (story by), Mark Andrews (screenplay by), Steve Purcell (screenplay by), Brenda Chapman (screenplay by), Irene Mecchi (screenplay by)" director="Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman, Steve Purcell(co-director)" genre="Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Family, Fantasy" runtime="93 min" released="22 Jun 2012" rated="PG" year="2012"/>

The tag to look for is tomatoUserReviews, and you'll see the reply for Knives Out shows N/A 

How do you do this? I have my key and cant do this
(2020-03-15, 20:50)Edworld Wrote: How do you do this? I have my key and cant do this

Well, that metadata was pulled from inside Media Companion.
But are you saying you can't get Rotten Tomato data from Media Companion into the nfo's?

You need to insert your OMDB APi Key in Preferences -> Common Settings tab.
Then in Movie Preferences, Enable Get Rotten Tomato Ratings
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.742
Date: 2020-03-30

**Known Issues**
A few requested features as well as some good bugs squashed.

TVDb has been hard at work fixing their bugs, but still at times their API site has gone offline. This is out of Media Companions hands, if this occurs for you, please be patient and try again later.
All TVDb issues in progress or fixed are listed at and updated at: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239

New:
  • TV - TV Show Selector Tab properly support TMDB Series languages and overview.
  • TV - Add option allow search TMDb to include Adult content.
  • Movie - added <dateadded> tag to nfo to keep inline with Kodi.
  • Movie - Add Source and Tags to Locable fields

Fixed:
  • MC - Update youtube_dl to fix trailer downloads.
  • TV - Fix update flags TV Tree changing state from unverified to open or locked/unlocked.
  • TV - Fix display of series marked all as watched/unwatched.
  • Movie - Update Kodi TMDB scraper.
  • Movie - Fix get Collection artwork if movies filtered out on main browser tab.
  • Movie - Fix Rescrape all Movie Collection.
  • Movie - Fix honor Lock of set data.
  • Movie - Fix logic movie set artwork check if downloaded.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.742b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
NB: One issue just found is due to change of Language title on TMDb site.
Users can fix by going to Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab. Find the drop box
And you will see the Select Language box is now blank.
This is because TMDb changed from having English - US to just having English
Select -English in the dropbox and click Apply & Close
Scraping should be fixed for IMDb actor images.
Media Companion Dev.
Vbat, I am facing an issue with the way Media Companion is scraping movies for me.
Looks like MC is scraping multiple studio information for several movies. For eg:- the Movie 9 its main studio is Focus Features, but as you see below.. it has scrapped multiple information under studio.  Hence Studio icon does not show up for me in the UI.
How do i avoid this? Is there a way I can just fix this without having to delete every single NFO file from my Movie folder and re-scrape the movies using MC?
Quote:    <studio>Tim Burton Productions</studio>
    <studio>Relativity Media</studio>
    <studio>Arc Productions</studio>
    <studio>Starz Animation</studio>
    <studio>Focus Features</studio>
(2020-03-31, 00:24)MANswers Wrote: Vbat, I am facing an issue with the way Media Companion is scraping movies for me.
Looks like MC is scraping multiple studio information for several movies. For eg:- the Movie 9 its main studio is Focus Features, but as you see below.. it has scrapped multiple information under studio.  Hence Studio icon does not show up for me in the UI.
How do i avoid this? Is there a way I can just fix this without having to delete every single NFO file from my Movie folder and re-scrape the movies using MC?
Quote:    <studio>Tim Burton Productions</studio>
    <studio>Relativity Media</studio>
    <studio>Arc Productions</studio>
    <studio>Starz Animation</studio>
    <studio>Focus Features</studio>

So what your wanting is to limit the studios scraped to just one.
Change the Maximum number of studios you want MC to scrape to one in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 362(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10