Trustworthy Netflix Addon
(2020-02-26, 03:39)derekthepenguinlord Wrote: Will it take my Netflix Login Info?

If you want access to Netflix and your account, yes you will have to provide your Netflix login info.
(2020-02-26, 08:02)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 03:39)derekthepenguinlord Wrote: Will it take my Netflix Login Info?

If you want access to Netflix and your account, yes you will have to provide your Netflix login info. 
I am wondering if like the password will be sent to anywhere other than Netflix
(2020-03-07, 01:41)derekthepenguinlord Wrote: I am wondering if like the password will be sent to anywhere other than Netflix

Oh sure, we always send all info to the highest bidders. Rolleyes
(2020-03-07, 08:42)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-03-07, 01:41)derekthepenguinlord Wrote: I am wondering if like the password will be sent to anywhere other than Netflix

Seriously, I have a premium account but the Netflix app on my 2015 Nvidia Shield doesn’t support Atmos format. I can get the Atmos format if I use Netflix add on in Kodi.

But, will my login credentials be exposed to anyone other than Netflix? Please let me know.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2020-05-05, 20:44)iMak Wrote:
(2020-03-07, 08:42)Klojum Wrote:

Seriously, I have a premium account but the Netflix app on my 2015 Nvidia Shield doesn’t support Atmos format. I can get the Atmos format if I use Netflix add on in Kodi.

But, will my login credentials be exposed to anyone other than Netflix? Please let me know.   

The source code of it is available.

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

There is nothing in there that could expose anything to anyone.
If you don't trust it and want to be 100% sure that it will never add anything suspicious you can do the following:

1) Download the add-on from Github and check the code yourself.
2) Install it as a zip and don't install the repo of the add-on.
3) Download every new version from Github and check the changes before installing it as a zip.

BE CAREFUL on what you install in general.
Every add-on you have installed can get the credentials of your Netflix account, not only the Netflix add-on you have installed.

Team Kodi members review the add-ons and their new versions that are included in their repository.
Don't expect from them guarantees for anything outside of their repository.
They would have to review all repositories out there and review hundrends of add-ons and every new version of them.
Like I said ANY add-on you have installed can get them.
(2020-05-06, 03:52)olympus Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 20:44)iMak Wrote:
(2020-03-07, 08:42)Klojum Wrote: Oh sure, we always send all info to the highest bidders. Rolleyes   

The source code of it is available.

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

There is nothing in there that could expose anything to anyone.
If you don't trust it and want to be 100% sure that it will never add anything suspicious you can do the following:

1) Download the add-on from Github and check the code yourself.
2) Install it as a zip and don't install the repo of the add-on.
3) Download every new version from Github and check the changes before installing it as a zip.

BE CAREFUL on what you install in general.
Every add-on you have installed can get the credentials of your Netflix account, not only the Netflix add-on you have installed.

Team Kodi members review the add-ons and their new versions that are included in their repository.
Don't expect from them guarantees for anything outside of their repository.
They would have to review all repositories out there and review hundrends of add-ons and every new version of them.
Like I said ANY add-on you have installed can get them. 
Thanks.

Found the answer here by the dev:

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...re-safe%3F
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trustworthy Netflix Addon0