Can i add info from a .nfo to VideoFullScreen.xml?
(2020-03-08, 07:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 02:08)the_other_guy Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 01:55)spl147 Wrote: Im not sure how this is helpful to my question? 

im trying to pull aspect ratio from the .nfo file from a movie to be displayed when info is pressed during playback, i currently use: 

OP wants aspect ratio details contained in the .nfo file associated with the playing video NOT the actual aspect ratio of the playing video. 

movie to be displayed when info is pressed during playback is this not where it would display it ? not video fullscreen.xml ?
(2020-03-11, 04:25)the_other_guy Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 07:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 02:08)the_other_guy Wrote: Image

im trying to pull aspect ratio from the .nfo file from a movie to be displayed when info is pressed during playback, i currently use: 

OP wants aspect ratio details contained in the .nfo file associated with the playing video NOT the actual aspect ratio of the playing video. 

movie to be displayed when info is pressed during playback is this not where it would display it ? not video fullscreen.xml ?

Say you have a video file with resolution 1920x1080, that will be aspect ratio 16:9 which is 1.78
If the video has black bars added to make the aspect 2.35, the resolution of the video will still be 1920x1080 and appears to Kodi to be 1.78

The way around this scenario is to use an NFO file to override the values in the Kodi library so that aspect is reported as 2.35
However, when you play the file, Player.Process looks at the actual resolution of the video and says that it is 1.78
OP wants to use the value in the NFO file instead when playing the file so that it reports the correct aspect ratio of 2.35
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-03-11, 13:56)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 07:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: OP wants aspect ratio details contained in the .nfo file associated with the playing video NOT the actual aspect ratio of the playing video. 

Say you have a video file with resolution 1920x1080, that will be aspect ratio 16:9 which is 1.78
If the video has black bars added to make the aspect 2.35, the resolution of the video will still be 1920x1080 and appears to Kodi to be 1.78

The way around this scenario is to use an NFO file to override the values in the Kodi library so that aspect is reported as 2.35
However, when you play the file, Player.Process looks at the actual resolution of the video and says that it is 1.78
OP wants to use the value in the NFO file instead when playing the file so that it reports the correct aspect ratio of 2.35 
Worded Perfectly, and thank you again!
(2020-03-11, 03:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 23:20)spl147 Wrote: anyone know how to accomplish this?

perhaps call $INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect] when play is clicked then pass it to $INFO[VideoPlayer.VideoAspect]

but i have no idea howto do that

You would need to override the onclick action which you can't do for normal library containers.

You could try setting a window property onunload of MyVideoNav.xml
Code:
<onunload>SetProperty(nowplaying_videoaspect,$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect],Home)</onunload>

And then:
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(nowplaying_videoaspect)]

You would need to couple this approach with custom onclick actions for any widget containers that you use.

Also, this approach is a total hack and likely won't work in many scenarios.     
I actually got this working by Creating a Vairable and calling Player.Filenameandpath

im trying to figure out howto add info from the filename to the videofullscreen.xml now, i tried the same as you posted above but i think my syntax is wrong:

in MyVideoNav.xml i have:
Code:
<onunload>SetProperty(nowplaying_videoaspect,$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect],Home)</onunload>

then in VideoFullScreen.xml i have:
Code:
<texture>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(nowplaying_videoaspect),flags/aspectratio/,.png]</texture>

and it works perfectly. so i tried the same concept to pull audiocodec from the filename using:

Code:
<onunload>SetProperty(nowplaying_audiocodec,$INFO[ListItem.Filenameandpath, Atmos],Home)</onunload>

and

Code:
<texture>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(nowplaying_audiocodec),flags/audiocodec/,.png]</texture>

but it does not work, is my syntax wrong?
(2020-03-11, 13:56)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 07:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: OP wants aspect ratio details contained in the .nfo file associated with the playing video NOT the actual aspect ratio of the playing video. 

is it possible to create a sript to do this? as the method used previously no longer works
anyone?
No.
(2023-05-23, 19:06)Hitcher Wrote: No.

i am unsure as to why you keep responding? if you do not want/can help with the issue at hand why just keep saying no?

KODI reporting 1.78:1 for EVERY single move is pointless, so why even have the feature?

we should be reporting the Original AR that the movie was shot in!

FFMPEG can do this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can i add info from a .nfo to VideoFullScreen.xml?0