• 11(current)
Beta Sling
(2020-02-25, 17:57)clones Wrote:
(2020-02-25, 03:08)Smallmountains Wrote: Gentlemen,  the big problem I see here is when you have more than one TV source. For instance I have Mythtv PVR for my off air channels and Sling for my other channels. They each work fine on their own but not together. For instance, this past week end I spent significant time testing different aspects. I tested my setup with only Mythtv and LiveTV worked great, guide data was correct. Then I deleted the LiveTV databases and disabled Mythtv and enabled Sling. It too worked great, and guide data was correct as far as I could tell. However, if you enable both you were screwed. Sometimes you got all the channels but the guide data was offset, guide data for the first channel was on the second line and on down the line with the last channel guide data discarded. On a system reboot after running for a little while triggers another kodi restart just after "importing channels/guide data from clients" from IPTV Simple. Upon reboot, it would finish but the guide data was all kinds of messed up.

Maybe I'll sit out and wait for this addon to get a little more mature.

The integration of more than one channel source is not ready for prime time.

I have both Sling & NextPVR working together through IPTV Simple and things are working pretty good. (A previous rant of mine, where I impulsively thought NextPVR was interfering with Sling & IPTV Simple, it wasn't, not withstanding). This is a great addon and am greatly appreciative of @d21spike & @eracknaphobia efforts to us less talented users, and have been planning on donating to them if possible to show my appreciation. (Or if there is something I could do, less programming wise, like add to FAQ page or something let me know)

Quote:"I'm not sure why you have multiple accounts (I'd rather not know)" 
I have to admit, this line had me laughing  

Don't get me wrong, the end user (yourself included) efforts are appreciated as well. In development, you try to think of every scenario but its the feedback that definitely shows weaknesses and how to improve on them. Essentially, a two way street here. Glad I could provide a laugh Smile
(2020-02-26, 01:33)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 01:22)Doctor Eggs Wrote: Is there an issue with getting On Demand movies to play? I can get TV shows to play, but when I try to play a movie it doesn't work. 
Ex. Sling >> On Demand >> TBS >> On Demand >> The 40 Year-Old Virgin

Any of the TV shows under the TBS >> On Demand play just fine.

I'll get a log in a bit but just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Take a look at this post and try it. Let know what happens.

Sling Post 

I've updated to 0.96 and reran all the Slinger Service updates and still no luck. The movie I used to test (American Made (2017)) plays fine in a web browser. Let me know if there is something else that I need to try.

Here is a log for when I tried playing Sling >> On Demand >> FX >> On Demand >> American Made (2017):
https://pastebin.com/0yGiKh7t

The TV shows in the FX >> On Demand play just fine. The movies seem to be a problem not only for FX but also for other channels.
(2020-02-26, 06:10)Doctor Eggs Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 01:33)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 01:22)Doctor Eggs Wrote: Is there an issue with getting On Demand movies to play? I can get TV shows to play, but when I try to play a movie it doesn't work. 
Ex. Sling >> On Demand >> TBS >> On Demand >> The 40 Year-Old Virgin

Any of the TV shows under the TBS >> On Demand play just fine.

I'll get a log in a bit but just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Take a look at this post and try it. Let know what happens.

Sling Post 

I've updated to 0.96 and reran all the Slinger Service updates and still no luck. The movie I used to test (American Made (2017)) plays fine in a web browser. Let me know if there is something else that I need to try.

Here is a log for when I tried playing Sling >> On Demand >> FX >> On Demand >> American Made (2017):
https://pastebin.com/0yGiKh7t

The TV shows in the FX >> On Demand play just fine. The movies seem to be a problem not only for FX but also for other channels. 

Issue now addressed in 0.0.97. It was the same issue as the post I linked but I fixed the shows in the "show" class whereas the movie assets were left unpatched.
@d21spike  0.0.96 fixed the Orange guide issue. All the channels I subscribe to are able to play, but as you stated some of the on demand shows still won't play. I'll do a manual update on the slinger service and update to 0.0.97 to test tonight.
So I've noticed that there is a single show that has a "day is out of range for month" error when updating shows. Even if I manually update the show, the error shows up in the log file. Otherwise the error is logged in the slinger flie. The name of the show is "Live From CMH 23", so any show that's alphabetically after that title do not update. My main concern is if this one show is causing issues in the database, where other shows that were updated successfully don't play. I've attached the log file below.

SlingTV Kodi 2
OSMC
I'm running this Sling addon on my 3 tv's. Each is running on different hardware.
Main is Ubuntu on a PC, is working good
2nd is a Pi 4/4 with openelec, working great
Last is Pi 3 with OSMC, this one is a problem. I need to reboot multiple times a day to get Sling to work. A few times a had to clear the Sling database to get it back.

That being said, I would say since 2 work good it is not the addon, it is great. What does everyone think, is it the Pi 3 or osmc that is most likely the issue?
(2020-03-02, 05:12)snoopyjoe Wrote: So I've noticed that there is a single show that has a "day is out of range for month" error when updating shows. Even if I manually update the show, the error shows up in the log file. Otherwise the error is logged in the slinger flie. The name of the show is "Live From CMH 23", so any show that's alphabetically after that title do not update. My main concern is if this one show is causing issues in the database, where other shows that were updated successfully don't play. I've attached the log file below.

SlingTV Kodi 2

Sorry been meaning to get to this. Yeah it's a hard crash that's why the update fails. Should be easy to get around. Sometimes Sling likes to use dates far in the future which has been problematic. Database should be fine aside from being out of date. Hopefully should have the fix out soon.
(2020-03-02, 05:12)snoopyjoe Wrote: So I've noticed that there is a single show that has a "day is out of range for month" error when updating shows. Even if I manually update the show, the error shows up in the log file. Otherwise the error is logged in the slinger flie. The name of the show is "Live From CMH 23", so any show that's alphabetically after that title do not update. My main concern is if this one show is causing issues in the database, where other shows that were updated successfully don't play. I've attached the log file below.

SlingTV Kodi 2

I believe version 0.0.100 will address your issue. Basically was a a Episode stop date set on a leap day in the future. I was arbitrarily modifying the year which wasn't a leap year in this case.
@d21spike 

I'm having an issue with IPTV Simple being disabled and staying that way when Kodi starts up. 

Here is my set-up
192.168.1.1:
  * Main EPG/M3U source for IPTV Simple
  * Enable EPG into IPTV = true
192.168.1.2:
  * IPTV Simple uses 192.168.1.1:9999/channels.m3u and guide.xml
  * Slinger Service = true
  * Enable EPG into IPTV = false
192.168.1.3:
  * IPTV Simple uses 192.168.1.1:9999/channels.m3u and guide.xml
  * Slinger Service = true

192.168.1.1 has IPTV Simple enabled after a short period of time, but .2 and .3 do not. I can enable them and everything works fine but it's an extra step that I need to take when I restart Kodi. Ultimately it seems like if Enable EPG into IPTV = false, then IPTV Simple should not be disabled on start up.

Or am I missing the point in having channels.m3u and guide.xml dynamically generated? I tried disabling the Slinger Service on .2 and .3 but that caused a huge amount of time in the loading of menu items in Kodi as it had to populate the DB first before displaying anything. 

Is there a way to centralize the Slinger service? Having three (and then potentially more) instance of Kodi running, I would prefer 192.168.1.1 to be the only one getting the data which then feeds the other instances instead of all three having to go out and get the data on regular intervals. Maybe a setting for "Slinger source" where you can specify an IP address and then the add-on would use 192.168.1.1:9999/channels.json to return a json string of channels.
(2020-03-12, 20:52)Doctor Eggs Wrote: @d21spike 

I'm having an issue with IPTV Simple being disabled and staying that way when Kodi starts up. 

Here is my set-up
192.168.1.1:
  * Main EPG/M3U source for IPTV Simple
  * Enable EPG into IPTV = true
192.168.1.2:
  * IPTV Simple uses 192.168.1.1:9999/channels.m3u and guide.xml
  * Slinger Service = true
192.168.1.3:
  * IPTV Simple uses 192.168.1.1:9999/channels.m3u and guide.xml
  * Slinger Service = true

192.168.1.1 has IPTV Simple enabled after a short period of time, but .2 and .3 do not. I can enable them and everything works fine but it's an extra step that I need to take when I restart Kodi. Ultimately it seems like if Enable EPG into IPTV = false, then IPTV Simple should not be disabled on start up.

Or am I missing the point in having channels.m3u and guide.xml dynamically generated? I tried disabling the Slinger Service on .2 and .3 but that caused a huge amount of time in the loading of menu items in Kodi as it had to populate the DB first before displaying anything. 

Is there a way to centralize the Slinger service? Having three (and then potentially more) instance of Kodi running, I would prefer 192.168.1.1 to be the only one getting the data which then feeds the other instances instead of all three having to go out and get the data on regular intervals. Maybe a setting for "Slinger source" where you can specify an IP address and then the add-on would use 192.168.1.1:9999/channels.json to return a json string of channels.
The setup your describing wasn't a direct feature but created an environment that allows for such. The move to a server page vs actual file was to avoid lock issues when the file was being written to. The toggling of IPTV I'm considering just removing and leaving it to the user to toggle it in order to refresh content. Basically when we toggled it after an update completed, it resulted in instability (Kodi crashes). Currently due to IPTV starting before our service, we have Slinger disable IPTV on Kodi shutdown and re-enable on Slinger startup, it seems the timing isn't always correct still and the user may still end up with a blank guide.

For master-slave setup. If your slave clients are only going to be used for the guide, then the easiest way is to have the slave devices disable slinger and just manually configure iptv via the settings page to look at your master client, 192.168.1.1 in your case. Completely, pointing to a remote DB may be something that can be done and we've thrown the idea around. Have to do some testing with this first.

Stand-alone service is also possible, but in my opinion just doesn't carry anymore benefits over the current setup.
I tried to run the same setup as @Doctor Eggs before and ran into the dilemma. Basically IPTV Simple is disabled if the Slinger service and Enable EPG into IPTV settings are disabled. The best way I got it to work was to modify the slinger.py file so that I could leave the Enable EPG into IPTV true but disable the Slinger service. Only problem was the client devices would never update shows so on demand content didn't play. Would be nice to be able to centralize the slinger and EPG service.

Edit: I agree with @d21spike. As it is now the centralized setup just isn't that beneficial over individual web servers unless a single device is only going to use the guide. The PSvue addon was able to do it since the EPG files didn't have to be written to during startup. But PSvue content and URLs "rarely" (more so nerver) changed, so longer EPG file update time could be used.
@snoopyjoe @Doctor Eggs

I just pushed version 0.0.101 which no longer toggles IPTV via the slinger service, well it toggles it "on" on start but that shouldn't affect anything.

Since you guys played with the code a bit, hypothetically speaking if you had a master client and you made the database file a shared network resource. Then on the slave client (with Slinger disabled) you could modify "globals.py" and point DB_PATH to that resource.
@d21spike That's a great idea! So the slave client IPTV Simple would get info from the master webserver and slinger data from the shared DB_PATH location. I'll work on adding that as a setting

Edit:
@Doctor Eggs , I modified the code really quick with a setting to use the database file from a shared location. The master device operates normally except it will copy the database file to the chosen copy path. If no path is chose then the original path used. The slave device will look for the database file in the copy location and of course use the guide from master's IPTV webserver. I wont be able to test it for a few hours or tomorrow, so if you or anyone else wants to try it and give feed back. I would recommend deleting your current database files first as there may be adverse affects leaving them.

Centralized database Zip

Centralized database Code
@d21spike  @snoopyjoe

AWESOME! Thanks to you both. I'll test out the centralized DB this weekend.
Showtime and  Startz have no sound. This issue is only for me or for everyone. Please let me know if you have these channels, thank you very much!

Sign-up another account and these channels is normal. I don't know how to fix, so have to use the new account and cancel the old one.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0