Solved Many movies "no Information found"
Something significant has happened with regard to movie scraping recently.
I had no movies that were missing, no movies imported incorrectly, then I added 4 or 5 new ones and 2 or three were skipped. 
Going to Settings>Media>{my source folder}, selecting the missed movie, then "Scan to Library", it says "No information found".
I go to The Movie Database site and type in the movie title as I have it, and it comes right up.  I did this for each of the missing ones. Each one came up.
I thought my database was hosed, so I deleted it and scanned for new content. ! Big mistake !  Now I have over 20 titles missing and 3 incorrect ones.
My library consists on a "Movies" folder with a single folder for each movie. The actual movie files bear the same name as the folder in the
format "Movie Title (year)"...the point is this was working perfectly before, with no mistakes. Something has changed....
For those that have long and maybe more complex names, I have tried using dashes and underscores in order to separate things like
Star Trek III The Search for Spock (1984). The title on TMD is Start Trek: The Search for Spock (1984). Folder names can't have colons in them so I experimented with dashes and underscores, even leaving the "Star Trek" off the title. All to no avail.

Here are the ones that get skipped.
A Christmas Carol (1984)
A Dog's Way Home (2019)
Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
Breakout (1975)
Chilly Dogs (2004)
Dunkirk (2017)
Fate of the Furious (2017)
Focus (2015)
FX Murder by Illusion (1986)
Hacksaw Ridge (2016)
The Healer (2017)
Home Again (2017)
The Hunger Games (2012)
Jason Bourne (2016)
Lethal Weapon (1986)
Magnum Force (1973)
Megan Leavey (2017)
Messenger of Death (1988)
Moana (2016)
Robot Overlords (2014)
Run All Night (2015)
Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan (1982)
Star Trek III The Search for Spock (1984)
Star Trek IV The Voyage Home (1986)
Star Trek The Motion Picture (1979)
Star Trek V The Final Frontier (1989)
Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi (2017)
Wonder Woman (2017)

These are the ones that import incorrectly:
Assassination (1987) imports as a foreign film "Assassination (2015)"
Assassin's Creed (2016) imports as "Assassins...(1992)"
Rambo (2008) imports as "The Dip Run (2018)"

Somebody test some of these listed and see if you get the same. I've used the default scraper and The Movie Database Python scrapers.

I'm running LibreElec 9.0.2 on Rpi 3 B+, Kodi 18.2, The Movie Database scraper 5.1.10, The Movie Database Python scraper 1.1.1,
(2020-03-24, 15:41)Smallmountains Wrote: Folder names can't have colons in them so I experimented with dashes and underscores, even leaving the "Star Trek" off the title. All to no avail.

One thing you could do is have a look on the TMDB website, and see how the "official" title name is.
Get us a debug log (wiki) so we can see what the full path/filename is.
(2020-03-24, 16:01)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-03-24, 15:41)Smallmountains Wrote: Folder names can't have colons in them so I experimented with dashes and underscores, even leaving the "Star Trek" off the title. All to no avail.

One thing you could do is have a look on the TMDB website, and see how the "official" title name is.
Get us a debug log (wiki) so we can see what the full path/filename is.

OMG, I was up way too late last night trying to figure out what the hell happened. My DVD/BD ripper automatically puts all kinds of stuff in the MKV tags and I had "Use Video Tags" selected and it was using the tags instead of the actual title....LOL

Sorry to have wasted all this bandwidth.  There are still a couple that are not importing properly though.  I also have a couple that say they are already imported but clearly they are not. I might have to wipe the database and do this all over...with out using the tags...
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Many movies "no Information found"0