• 8(current)
Video stretched on Phillips TV after update
(2020-03-24, 19:55)fritsch Wrote: That means, this version is broken for you: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Just to find out, we are talking about the same issue. Thanks for your help.

Curiously no. It works fine.

My TV have received an update since this problem originated though. In January this year. Im now on 107.001.101.002 and when I started this thread I was on 107.000.222.001. Perhaps the update fixed the problem?

Here's a changelog that I received from the Philips support:
https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/fil...3083567430
Cool thanks. Then I go ahead and revert it. The old build (18.6) will still be avaialbe to those with broken firmware.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-25, 17:39)fritsch Wrote: Cool thanks. Then I go ahead and revert it. The old build (18.6) will still be avaialbe to those with broken firmware.

Thanks yourself. This affects a very small portion of users and I'm impressed that this has been getting attention in spite of it.

Appreciate the work you do.
Basically the fix for this small portion of users has killed video playback for a lot more users :-) - that's why.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just want to add some notes from side.
Also noticed the update 107.001.101.002 in january and jumped straight to it, because i had audio issues in netflix and other apps.
So all my tests was already on the firmware 107.001.101.002

Nice that it gots reverted and so, solves my other issues i had with 18.6.

Hoping for a 18.7 release soon.

thx @fritsch for your work
pOpY
(2020-03-25, 18:09)fritsch Wrote: Basically the fix for this small portion of users has killed video playback for a lot more users :-) - that's why.

I see. What type of issues did it present?
H265 video had artefacts in the lower part and same for H264.
@fritsch

Will this also get reverted in Leia v18 (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17520) ?

thx a lot
Please read on github again. The PR is already there for Leia (and you can even see the Backport done tag) ...
ok, thx.
Did'nt got it right, but now its clear to me.
Both are in. Starting from today's nightlies (Leia and Matrix) you can watch your H264, H265 again.
Please retry with a Leia nightly or a Matrix nightly. We changed the way of the surface rendering to cropped fit, perhaps this solves this issue here as well.
@fritsch tried the nightly "kodi-20200408-6b7f5c7f-Leia-armeabi-v7a.apk", it runs without an issue (no pink artefacts here on my two philips android tvs).

How can i test the aspect ratio issue? (did noticed the iccue since 18.1 like others).
Is there a test video?

thx
pOpY
I have Philips 65PUS7803 with the newest firmware from January and I had AR issue until fix was introduced in Kodi 18.6.
Additionally, I don't have problems with playing H.265 format.
(2020-04-13, 18:21)Stile35 Wrote: I have Philips 65PUS7803 with the newest firmware from January and I had AR issue until fix was introduced in Kodi 18.6.
Additionally, I don't have problems with playing H.265 format.
Do you know an movie or channel where you had the AR issues? Would be nice if you can try the newest nightly...

In 18.6 the AR was fixed but this change introcued another issue with h265 playback on some devices (like mine 65pus8102).

So the devs hopefully fixed AR issue in another way, which doesn't have side effects like the other issues.

I have tested this new build with my media and noticed no issues (pink artefacts) on h265.

Can you test if the AR issue is fixed for you with the newest nightly?

Thx
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stretched on Phillips TV after update1