• 12(current)
Beta Sling
(2020-03-12, 20:01)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-03-02, 05:12)snoopyjoe Wrote: So I've noticed that there is a single show that has a "day is out of range for month" error when updating shows. Even if I manually update the show, the error shows up in the log file. Otherwise the error is logged in the slinger flie. The name of the show is "Live From CMH 23", so any show that's alphabetically after that title do not update. My main concern is if this one show is causing issues in the database, where other shows that were updated successfully don't play. I've attached the log file below.

SlingTV Kodi 2

I believe version 0.0.100 will address your issue. Basically was a a Episode stop date set on a leap day in the future. I was arbitrarily modifying the year which wasn't a leap year in this case.

I'm on 0.101 but still seem to have the shows updater getting stuck, now on "the why"
Sign-up another account and these channels is normal. I don't know how to fix, so have to use the new account and cancel the old one.
(2020-03-14, 18:31)Penbrock Wrote: I'm on 0.101 but still seem to have the shows updater getting stuck, now on "the why" 

I just pushed version 0.0.102, hopefully this will address your issue.
(2020-03-13, 18:02)usphil Wrote: Showtime and  Startz have no sound. This issue is only for me or for everyone. Please let me know if you have these channels, thank you very much!
Sign-up another account and these channels is normal. I don't know how to fix, so have to use the new account and cancel the old one.

(2020-03-15, 20:08)usphil Wrote: Sign-up another account and these channels is normal. I don't know how to fix, so have to use the new account and cancel the old one.

I did just check and you are correct Showtime and Starz channels have audio issues. Different accounts shouldn't have any effect on this with the exception of different subscription packages. That said I'm not seeing any errors that jump out at me. Once the add-on has the stream url it hands it over to Inputstream Adaptive for playback, meaning Sling itself has no control over this. Can you verify if Showtime and Starz have audio via the browser? Perhaps it's an internal Sling TV issue since other channels play fine.
(2020-03-16, 19:27)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-03-14, 18:31)Penbrock Wrote: I'm on 0.101 but still seem to have the shows updater getting stuck, now on "the why" 

(2020-03-13, 18:02)usphil Wrote: Showtime and  Startz have no sound. This issue is only for me or for everyone. Please let me know if you have these channels, thank you very much!
(2020-03-15, 20:08)usphil Wrote: Sign-up another account and these channels is normal. I don't know how to fix, so have to use the new account and cancel the old one.

I did just check and you are correct Showtime and Starz channels have audio issues. Different accounts shouldn't have any effect on this with the exception of different subscription packages. That said I'm not seeing any errors that jump out at me. Once the add-on has the stream url it hands it over to Inputstream Adaptive for playback, meaning Sling itself has no control over this. Can you verify if Showtime and Starz have audio via the browser? Perhaps it's an internal Sling TV issue since other channels play fine.   
@usphil @d21spike 

I've had this happen for Starz and Sling Orange channels on two of my Windows boxes and both had pending Windows updates. I installed the updates and then rebooted and when things came back up, the audio issue was fixed. Not sure if just a reboot would have fixed it but that's what worked for me.
(2020-03-17, 13:17)Doctor Eggs Wrote:
(2020-03-16, 19:27)d21spike Wrote:

@usphil @d21spike 

I've had this happen for Starz and Sling Orange channels on two of my Windows boxes and both had pending Windows updates. I installed the updates and then rebooted and when things came back up, the audio issue was fixed. Not sure if just a reboot would have fixed it but that's what worked for me. 
I did check this on a Windows 10 machine. Just rechecked updates and restarted. Although this didn't fix the issue for me, what I find strange is sometimes if I trigger a quick fast forward (right arrow), sometimes the audio will come back. This is with Kodi 19.

Updates: Showtime on new account is no audio after one day sign-up.
Regular Starz channels are no audio as well, but Starz Encore channels have normal audio.
The issue where if you have two episodes of the same show in your DVR, neither shows up, still persist.
If someone's post helps you out, click the thank user button.
(2020-03-19, 20:38)hackthis02 Wrote: The issue where if you have two episodes of the same show in your DVR, neither shows up, still persist.

Got a log of the Recordings menu by chance?
Here you go. There should be two episodes of The Soup on there that aren't.

https://paste.kodi.tv/puciduvufe.kodi
(2020-03-19, 23:07)hackthis02 Wrote: Here you go. There should be two episodes of The Soup on there that aren't.

I did a search for "The Soup" and I do see where one instance is bypassed. Strange that you are saying there's two though. That said specifically concerning this one instance, looks like it's using a type I haven't come across yet, "FRANCHISE_RECORDING_IVIEW", so it just wasn't handled/implemented. I'll have to try to make a recording that possesses this type (no access to The Soup), might take some trial and error since I don't know upfront what type will be assigned to a recording with the exception I used to believe show episodes got assigned "FRANCHISE_VIEW". Regardless, once I can see what the structure looks like the type can be added.

Were these newly aired episodes or reruns?
(2020-03-20, 13:28)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 23:07)hackthis02 Wrote: Here you go. There should be two episodes of The Soup on there that aren't.

I did a search for "The Soup" and I do see where one instance is bypassed. Strange that you are saying there's two though. That said specifically concerning this one instance, looks like it's using a type I haven't come across yet, "FRANCHISE_RECORDING_IVIEW", so it just wasn't handled/implemented. I'll have to try to make a recording that possesses this type (no access to The Soup), might take some trial and error since I don't know upfront what type will be assigned to a recording with the exception I used to believe show episodes got assigned "FRANCHISE_VIEW". Regardless, once I can see what the structure looks like the type can be added.

Were these newly aired episodes or reruns?

I did do a search. I found one instance but oddly it had data from another show in it. The episodes and question though we're both new episodes.I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they were both recorded via the series recording of new episodes only.
(2020-03-25, 08:59)hackthis02 Wrote: I did do a search. I found one instance but oddly it had data from another show in it. The episodes and question though we're both new episodes.I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they were both recorded via the series recording of new episodes only. 

After recording things a bunch of different ways, yes it's tied strictly to shows but doesn't seem to matter new or not. For example in my instance it was the Simpsons and it recorded reruns (not available on demand, Simpsons is but not these particular episodes). So now I just gotta code that part since I can't just point to the show due to unavailability.
(2020-03-25, 15:21)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 08:59)hackthis02 Wrote: I did do a search. I found one instance but oddly it had data from another show in it. The episodes and question though we're both new episodes.I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they were both recorded via the series recording of new episodes only. 

After recording things a bunch of different ways, yes it's tied strictly to shows but doesn't seem to matter new or not. For example in my instance it was the Simpsons and it recorded reruns (not available on demand, Simpsons is but not these particular episodes). So now I just gotta code that part since I can't just point to the show due to unavailability.   
I've notice a kinda minor thing. I'm using NextPVR & Sling in IPTV simple. If I restart Kodi, I notice as the guide starts up, it only has NextPVR channels (even if I clear the guide) and have to restart Kodi again and then both NextPVR & Sling load into the EPG. Not sure if it is exactly an error but here is the log: http://paste.kodi.tv/ladowujemu .

2 simpleton questions:
I noticed if I restart Kodi, it will start to update the guide information, even if it just loaded sometime only recently, not sure if this what is supposed to happen?

Second:  in the Sling guide, I noticed there is a setting to 'reset hidden channels,' I may have missed this but is there a way to hide channels that I don't use to organize my guide a little?

Ok it is my hope that version 0.0.103 addresses your issue. With that I added a context menu to recordings to be able to delete them. Also, on an "Upcomming" airing in MyTV there is now a context menu to set record. Before the question is asked short of displaying scheduling lists for channels or implementing my own guide, I can't set recordings off of the Kodi guide (at least not to my knowledge). Hopefully I come up with something soon.
ImageImage
(2020-03-26, 01:28)clones Wrote: I've notice a kinda minor thing. I'm using NextPVR & Sling in IPTV simple. If I restart Kodi, I notice as the guide starts up, it only has NextPVR channels (even if I clear the guide) and have to restart Kodi again and then both NextPVR & Sling load into the EPG. Not sure if it is exactly an error but here is the log: http://paste.kodi.tv/ladowujemu .

2 simpleton questions:
I noticed if I restart Kodi, it will start to download guide information, even if I believe it just loaded sometime only recently, not sure if this what is supposed to happen?

Second:  in the Sling guide, I noticed there is a setting to 'reset hidden channels,' I may have missed this but is there a way to hide channels that I don't use to organize my guide a little? 

With the guide issue, the current version is taking a hands off approach till a better solution is found. Currently, if you enable EPG the add-on will enable IPTV Simple (if installed) and it will direct it to the guide files. That said IPTV Simple starts before the Slinger service does, so it looks at those locations and finds nothing. You don't have to restart Kodi to get it to appear though. If you navigate to IPTV Simple Client via My Add-ons and disable/re-enable it, the guide should show up. You can also toggle update (doesn't matter if it's the current version). Reality is we've tried automating the disable/re-enable and that caused crashes, we tried disabling IPTV Simple at Kodi shut-down and re-enabling once the guide files were ready, this created other interface issues. So for the time being this is how it is.

The guide download "issue" is more of a product of approach. Currently the Slinger service will look at your channels and then it'll look at the stored guide information. When guide information was updated for a channel a timestamp for that channel is updated. If any timestamp is older than the allowed time, an update triggers. The catch is channels that do not have guide information (On Demand only) or that only sometimes they do (like certain sporting channels). This means you have an old timestamp always triggering but since there is no guide data to be had, it doesn't update. You might say well update the timestamp once the update starts, great in theory but if the update doesn't finish for whatever reason then you have a situation where valid channels lack the information. So once a better approach is found this should be fixed.

This was covered in the wiki of the add-on repo on github. Basically if you go-to channels via the add-on and bring up the context menu, there's an option to hide that channel. This was added because a lot of the time people don't watch all the channels they are subscribed to. As such, it made sense to be able to hide them and in return speed up execution since now that channel is ignored. This will also prevent it from being displayed in the channels secion/guide. There's other context menu's like jumping straight to On Demand from a channel if the channel offers it or viewing the show if hovering over an episode say under My TV. 

(2020-03-26, 01:28)clones Wrote: I've notice a kinda minor thing. I'm using NextPVR & Sling in IPTV simple. If I restart Kodi, I notice as the guide starts up, it only has NextPVR channels (even if I clear the guide) and have to restart Kodi again and then both NextPVR & Sling load into the EPG. Not sure if it is exactly an error but here is the log: http://paste.kodi.tv/ladowujemu .
This is a problem with using some PVR addons together, I think. A similar thing happened when I was using IPTV Simple to run PS Vue alongside my TVHeadend. When first starting up, it would say that the TVHeadend PVR crashed, and when the PVR part of Kodi would restart after the crash, it would only show the TVHeadend channels. But in this case, restarting Kodi wouldn't work, and clearing the guide would. I would get the same thing when experimenting with the FilmOn PVR occasionally, as well. I think the Kodi team might want to rework their PVR handling. I would love to see something along the lines of how Fire TV handles its Live TV. Apps with Live TV content can register themselves as such along with accompanying EPG info, and the Live TV section will aggregate that info into a unified guide, with each app having its own section in the guide, that simply links to the app's own channel handling. Seems like a more simple and logical way to handle things. And just think, if we could take the TVHeadend (or NextPVR) OTA content, add in the Sling or whatever streamed service content (personally I'm hoping someone will jump in and make a Philo addon), and then mix in all the various Live stream content available in all of the hundreds of addons we have in Kodi, we'd have more channels than we could ever watch! No more need for an IPTV Simple addon.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0