• 31(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
(2020-01-06, 14:59)ravenrage Wrote: Hi!

I bought Chinese SNES controller, which works totally fine with RetroPie and Kodi. I was able to setup it as SNES controller in Kodi.
Later I wanted to modify R1 & L1 buttons for volume up/down and used keymap editor add-on.

It seems like I am able to change volume up/down, but nothing happens after I save changes.
Reboot did not help. It seems like keymap won't save my settings.

Any workarounds? I just want to use SNES controller instead of Android app on my phone and the only missing thing is volume control. I been trying to fix this for two days and no success  
Thanks in advance.

Anyone? I tried once again and it took me probably 4 hours. Keymap editor add-on seems to work totally fine with keyboard, but not with SNES controller.

By default leftbumper and righbumper do RF32 and FF32 and SNES controller works fine. What I tried:

- Editing it by keymap editor. It does detect that I used button, but nothing won't show in the field. (Btw, same goes with any gamepad). Does it even work with gamepads?
- Manually adding gen.xml file with configuration https://paste.kodi.tv/iyofamokut.kodi

I tried to many different configurations, but none of them works. Leftbumper and rightbumper are still doing the same things.

The last hope was to edit default settings in system, but it is empty Sad
This is how debug looks like then I press right and left bumpers, so it does detect it and it works fine, but I am not able to modify it at all Sad
https://paste.kodi.tv/iniyojucec.kodi
And this is how it looks in Key Editor then I am trying to modify it https://paste.kodi.tv/winosoxoji.kodi
@ravenrage You say you are using gen.xml, shouldn't a game controller be using joystick.xml ?
(2020-03-29, 21:16)FXB78 Wrote: @ravenrage You say you are using gen.xml, shouldn't a game controller be using joystick.xml ?
I think I managed to fix it. Not, sure if it's important how you name .xml file.

The most important part is to change <joystick profile="game.controller.default"> to <joystick profile="game.controller.snes">

Fuck, I am so happy right now. I think it took me more than 12 hours in total. Thanks dude.
(2020-03-02, 16:24)HeresJohnny Wrote:
(2020-03-02, 16:01)smp1 Wrote: There is nothing to compile, it's a Python script with minimal changes to the original addon and this can be easily verified with a text editor.

Really, nothing against you personally, but to verify the contents I'd have to open the zipfile which is the point where any infection already takes place. 

I wish I had the skills to update this add-on to v19. I understood it is a relatively simple change, however I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses Keymap Editor.
Can someone help in either provide how to do it or push it to git?
thanks!
(2020-04-19, 11:00)Shanyel Wrote: Can someone help in either provide how to do it or push it to git?
https://github.com/smp79/xbmc-keymap-edi...its/Matrix
I have a Samsung BN59-01039A remote control and I'm Rrunning Kodi 18.6 on a Pi 4.

All buttons seem to work correctly except Tools and Info. When I press them, the signal is being sent to the TV not kodi. As in, when I press the info button it brings up the Samsung TV's native info box not the info box in Kodi.

I've tried mapping them in  Keymap Editor (Tools to Context Menu and Info to Info) but when I press the buttons the signal is still being sent to TV and the app doesn't recognise that I have pressed them.

Anyone know how I can get this to work please?
(2020-05-19, 14:58)caned_monkey Wrote: I have a Samsung BN59-01039A remote control and I'm Rrunning Kodi 18.6 on a Pi 4.

All buttons seem to work correctly except Tools and Info. When I press them, the signal is being sent to the TV not kodi. As in, when I press the info button it brings up the Samsung TV's native info box not the info box in Kodi.

I've tried mapping them in  Keymap Editor (Tools to Context Menu and Info to Info) but when I press the buttons the signal is still being sent to TV and the app doesn't recognise that I have pressed them.

Those buttons are protected from CEC & with good reason really. You need the buttons to operate core TV functions. You can however map the colour buttons, I use these for Context Menu, Info & Full Screen.
(2020-05-19, 15:42)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-05-19, 14:58)caned_monkey Wrote: I have a Samsung BN59-01039A remote control and I'm Rrunning Kodi 18.6 on a Pi 4.

Those buttons are protected from CEC & with good reason really. You need the buttons to operate core TV functions. You can however map the colour buttons, I use these for Context Menu, Info & Full Screen. 

I can maybe understand that the tv needs the info button but it's not of any use to me. It only tells me which source I'm connected to and I have a source button for that which provides the same info. The Tools button flashes up a box that says 'Not Available' so it's of even less use to me.

Thanks for the tip about the coloured buttons, I'll take that option if it's not possible to use the buttons I want.
The TV doesn't pass those buttons to Kodi at all via CEC (wiki), so Kodi can't make any use of them.

The fact that they're rendered useless by that is something to take up with Samsung, nothing we can do about it I'm afraid as it never gets to us at all.

Another tip is if you enable debug logging, then any keypresses that Kodi receives from any source (remote, keyboard, CEC) will show up in the debug log (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Doesnt work on shield tv. Would like to map L1 and R1 keys for subtitle delay as rewind/ff works on 4 different keys :/
All, just an FYI that, with permission from the original author, I am working on updating this for Kodi 19 (and doing some updates for Kodi 18 as well).  I've got something that functions, but I haven't been able to test *every* action and window (there are some new ones with Kodi 18/19 and a few that have been depreciated).  The only functional change I made was to wait until the addon tries to save the gen.xml file before renaming any custom keymap file you may have. That way if you just run the addon but change nothing, your custom file doesn't get renamed for no reason.

This has been submitted for approval to the official repo. We're going to start a new thread for the new update. It's at:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356730
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7