GSOC20 Multiple Controllers
(2020-03-29, 18:02)garbear Wrote: @cool-pants you have a good grasp of graphs, so I'll introduce a new concept: generating DIDs (decentralized IDs) for players and persisting their profiles on a decentralized file storage network such as IPFS, Filecoin or Sia.
Helllo @garbear ,
I looked into IPFS and decentralised file system. I think it would be useful for accessing the controller data associated with each player and also the players as it decreases the time complexity and also prevents the issue of jumbling up of data.
I am further looking into how to implement it into actual file storage.
Also I ran into another problem while finally building the project and it shows no cxx or c compiler found.
I have run the batch file from all consoles from Visual Studio 15,17 and 19 but same issue.

Regards
Did you follow all the installation instructions in the Readme? I use VS 2017 and it compiles for me. Can you post a build log?
Sorry for the late response. Was going through the dialogs directory to get a idea of how the current UI works and how to add things to it.
(2020-03-30, 22:54)garbear Wrote: Did you follow all the installation instructions in the Readme? I use VS 2017 and it compiles for me. Can you post a build log?

I did and installed VS 2017 and 2015 for the same reason. The thing is when i run the BuildSetup, or any other configuration file which calls the vswhere.bat file, using the VS 2017 command prompt this happens.
So i tried running it on the VS 2019 command prompt and all the other files worked but BuildSteps gives this error. 

Also can you give me an idea as to how the GUI code is structured as I'm currently finding it quite difficult and time consuming to get through all the files one by one.
(2020-04-15, 16:44)cool-pants Wrote: The thing is when i run the BuildSetup, or any other configuration file which calls the vswhere.bat file, using the VS 2017 command prompt this happens.
So i tried running it on the VS 2019 command prompt and all the other files worked but BuildSteps gives this error. 

I use VS 2017, so I'm not sure if I can offer help on that error. It looks like setting VSCMD_DEBUG=3 will give you more information.
(2020-04-15, 16:44)cool-pants Wrote: Also can you give me an idea as to how the GUI code is structured as I'm currently finding it quite difficult and time consuming to get through all the files one by one. 

The primary dialogs that exist and involve games are the controller configuration window and the in-game OS. Here are the links:

Browsing xbmc/dialogs/ is asking for a headache, this is a collecting ground for quite a lot of non-dialog logic.
A few years ago, I started writing a player manager, which I posted above.

Here's the working code: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/commit/r...er-players

It's likely we can hollow the window out, deleting most the logic and panels, and then fill in the system you're working on. As such, that code might be a good place to start.

If you build my retroplayer-players branch, you can access the window via the in-game OSD:

Here's the window hollowed out. It's much easier to delete code than to write it, so maybe you can start with the retroplayer-players branch and get to this:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GSOC20 Multiple Controllers0