• 77(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
(2020-03-29, 19:45)stevensgl Wrote: Some of my videos work and some don't.
It's random.

Very unusual.  2 weeks ago, all was fine but now it's un reliable.  If i try streaming directly from google drive it works perfectly fine.
THe issue is the google plugin.
thx

You can't stream in original quality from Google Drive.
Google usually bans the original quality of the file not the re-encoded streams.
So we can't be sure it's an issue of the plugin by making comparisons with the Google Drive.
I think Mark142 says he can't get streaming options on his newly added files.
Unfortunately I haven't added any new file in my Drive the last weeks so I can't test what he reports and to have a debug log to post for cguZZman.
You or Mark142 should post here or in github a debug log for cguZZman.
It's the only way for him to see if there is an issue of the plugin or a ban.
It's the only way because Google Drive doesn't stream the original files.
Even the downloaded files are downloaded differently (I have it tested.. if you try to stream a url Google Drive creates for downloading you can't seek to the video etc).
(2020-03-29, 23:44)olympus Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 19:45)stevensgl Wrote: I found tha promblem dead on!

After kodi scans your movies, you should then have your .strm files, however for some odd reason I have around 15 files that finish with .mkv instead of .strm.    If i manually change the file names, it then works.  This is clearly a bug.

Some of my videos work and some don't.
It's random.

Very unusual.  2 weeks ago, all was fine but now it's un reliable.  If i try streaming directly from google drive it works perfectly fine.
THe issue is the google plugin.
thx

You can't stream in original quality from Google Drive.
Google usually bans the original quality of the file not the re-encoded streams.
So we can't be sure it's an issue of the plugin by making comparisons with the Google Drive.
I think Mark142 says he can't get streaming options on his newly added files.
Unfortunately I haven't added any new file in my Drive the last weeks so I can't test what he reports and to have a debug log to post for cguZZman.
You or Mark142 should post here or in github a debug log for cguZZman.
It's the only way for him to see if there is an issue of the plugin or a ban.
It's the only way because Google Drive doesn't stream the original files.
Even the downloaded files are downloaded differently (I have it tested.. if you try to stream a url Google Drive creates for downloading you can't seek to the video etc). 
The problem is that the Google plugin is not adding the right extention on all the file names.
The file names should end with ".strm"

Instead SOME of the extension end with ".mkv""
Solution, rename the extensions to "mkv.strm"

This is a bug.
(2020-03-30, 01:15)stevensgl Wrote: The problem is that the Google plugin is not adding the right extention on all the file names.

This is a bug.
Yes this is a bug, Kodi probably tries to play it like a normal file.
I haven't noticed it because I have my own script that remanes the files, I use it for my local files too.
I don't rely to this add-on or any add-on for my renaming needs, my metadata needs etc.
Create an issue on Github, this is the fastest way cguZZMan to know about it.
Because Github will send him an email about the issue.
(2020-03-30, 02:25)olympus Wrote:
(2020-03-30, 01:15)stevensgl Wrote: I posted the bug on Github.
Hopefully there will be a fix.

I also tried to manually update but was unable to.

I posted the bug on Github.
Let's hope that they could figure it out.

Perhaps the problem could be that there is simply too much content in the folders that it's scanning.

cheers
I have enabled "Export .nfo files" then where can I find it?

Thanks!
(2020-03-30, 01:15)stevensgl Wrote: The problem is that the Google plugin is not adding the right extention on all the file names.

This is a bug.

Olympus, can I ask what you use for renaming and metadata? Would you share your script for renaming files? I personally did all of mine manually on google drive with air explorer and it was hell. Any advice, suggestions or help would be appreciated, thanks.

Everyone stay healthy and wear a mask in public, Droid
I haven't noticed it because I have my own script that remanes the files, I use it for my local files too.
I don't rely to this add-on or any add-on for my renaming needs, my metadata needs etc.

This is a bug.
Olympus,

Well I am hoping the 2nd time is the charm. Sorry for the earlier post without any comments or additions but somehow it lost my comments.

Can I ask what you use for renaming files locally and on google drive? Would you be willing to share your script? Personally, I renamed every single file on my google drive but I do have days were I add a lot of new files and I would really like to be able to do this more efficiently. Any advice or help would be appreciated, thanks.

Everyone out there please wear your mask in pubic
Stay healthy, Droid
(2020-03-31, 19:36)Droidly Wrote:

This is a bug.
Olympus,

Well I am hoping the 2nd time is the charm. Sorry for the earlier post without any comments or additions but somehow it lost my comments.

Can I ask what you use for renaming files locally and on google drive? Would you be willing to share your script? Personally, I renamed every single file on my google drive but I do have days were I add a lot of new files and I would really like to be able to do this more efficiently. Any advice or help would be appreciated, thanks.

Stay healthy, Droid       

I don't want to share it publically because it covers very specific "input scenarios" and it would be basically useless for 99,99% of people.
But I can send it to you if you want to test it together with instructions on how to use it.
I will need an email to send it to you (post it here or add it in your contact details and let me know you added it).
I would PM it to you but you have 7 posts and you can't get or send PMs yet.
(2020-04-01, 04:00)olympus Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 19:36)Droidly Wrote:
(2020-03-30, 02:25)olympus Wrote: Yes this is a bug, Kodi probably tries to play it like a normal file.
Olympus,

Stay healthy, Droid        

I don't want to share it publically because it covers very specific "input scenarios" and it would be basically useless for 99,99% of people.
But I can send it to you if you want to test it together with instructions on how to use it.
I will need an email to send it to you (post it here or add it in your contact details and let me know you added it).
I would PM it to you but you have 7 posts and you can't get or send PMs yet. 

Hi again, yeah I know I'm new to the site and Kodi for that matter. Thanks for the offer and I would really like to give your script a whirl. [email protected]
How many post before I am able to PM?

Thanks again, Droid
(2020-04-01, 20:56)Droidly Wrote: Hi again, yeah I know I'm new to the site and Kodi for that matter. Thanks for the offer and I would really like to give your script a whirl. [email protected]

Thanks again, Droid 

I've sent you an email. I think you need 10 posts for PMs.
(2020-04-01, 23:31)olympus Wrote:
(2020-04-01, 20:56)Droidly Wrote: Hi again, yeah I know I'm new to the site and Kodi for that matter. Thanks for the offer and I would really like to give your script a whirl. [email protected]

Thanks again, Droid 

Hey Olympus, it didn't arrive and I checked spam and trash just in case. Did you see the DOT between first and last name? [email protected]

Maybe yahoo is lagging, I will keep looking for it periodically. If nothing else my post are accumulating. Thanks again
(2020-04-02, 03:23)Droidly Wrote:
(2020-04-01, 23:31)olympus Wrote:

Thanks again, Droid 

Hey Olympus, it didn't arrive and I checked spam and trash just in case. Did you see the DOT between first and last name? [email protected]

Maybe yahoo is lagging, I will keep looking for it periodically. If nothing else my post are accumulating. Thanks again 
I am stupid haha, I sent it to [email protected]
I just sent it to the correct Smile
Any way to remove from library the movies as deleted from Google drive?
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7