• 35(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-03-23, 13:43)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 16:31)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 16:14)blizzardreign Wrote: I'll be receiving my N2 tomorrow and pretty excited about it. Anyone can point me to a website which helps with the best settings I should be using in Kodi video and audio options?

Also, should I leave whitelist empty or choose all the resolutions available?
https://coreelec.org/  https://discourse.coreelec.org/ and https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=33956
White list empty. 

Received it and the thing is when I play a 4k HDR file, the resolution changes to 4K on my TV but the color space switch doesn't happen. I've kept the whitelist empty. 
Which OS and version are you using to run Kodi on it ? If it's CoreElec go there for the solution...
(2020-03-23, 15:29)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-03-23, 13:43)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 16:31)Sholander Wrote: https://coreelec.org/  https://discourse.coreelec.org/ and https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=33956
White list empty. 

Received it and the thing is when I play a 4k HDR file, the resolution changes to 4K on my TV but the color space switch doesn't happen. I've kept the whitelist empty. 
Which OS and version are you using to run Kodi on it ? If it's CoreElec go there for the solution...

I'm using coreelec 9.2.0 which came with a uSD with the box(got the coreelec edition). Anyway I managed to fix it by disabling tone map HDR to SDR. It was set on Auto and I turned it off and it worked! Now I can finally get HD audio through my speakers.
(2020-03-23, 17:14)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-23, 15:29)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-03-23, 13:43)blizzardreign Wrote: Received it and the thing is when I play a 4k HDR file, the resolution changes to 4K on my TV but the color space switch doesn't happen. I've kept the whitelist empty. 
I'm using coreelec 9.2.0 which came with a uSD with the box(got the coreelec edition).
Update it to 9.2.1 which has Kodi 18.5 version and some more changes: https://discourse.coreelec.org/latest
@wrxtasy I got the Minix A2 Neo Lite, as you recommended elsewhere. Did you manage to use the power putton on the remote for shutdown as well? /edit found something here I'll test later.

I got power on working using:

systemctl stop kodi
mount -o remount,rw /flash
nano /flash/config.ini
(edit the file, add/change line: remotewakeup="0xE718FE01")
Control+X, Y
reboot
Anyone having lag issues with certain skins? My device has felt slow lately, even did a soft reset. Also been seeing "source too slow" a few times with 4k media. Wired gigabit network never seen that before.

I am trying a couple new skins like artic zephyr/horizon and also bingie which is a mod of Titan.

Should this device be able to run any skin or is the CPU not up to the more resource intensive skins?
Wink 
(2020-03-24, 14:46)jelbo Wrote: @wrxtasy I got the Minix A2 Neo Lite, as you recommended elsewhere. Did you manage to use the power putton on the remote for shutdown as well? /edit found something here I'll test later.

See post #1 of this thread and follow the TIPS link.

Also if you use the CE AMLogic-NG nightly releases, which are pretty stable these days there is an option in...

Kodi Settings > CoreELEC > Hardware > Power > IR Remote Power Code ...

(2020-03-24, 16:55)lightsout Wrote: Anyone having lag issues with certain skins? My device has felt slow lately, even did a soft reset. Also been seeing "source too slow" a few times with 4k media. Wired gigabit network never seen that before.

I am trying a couple new skins like artic zephyr/horizon and also bingie which is a mod of Titan.

Should this device be able to run any skin or is the CPU not up to the more resource intensive skins?

I'm running Titan MOD in all its glory and is fine - v good in fact and comparable to my old i5 PC.
(2020-03-27, 05:45)mombasa123 Wrote:
(2020-03-24, 16:55)lightsout Wrote: Anyone having lag issues with certain skins? My device has felt slow lately, even did a soft reset. Also been seeing "source too slow" a few times with 4k media. Wired gigabit network never seen that before.

I'm running Titan MOD in all its glory and is fine - v good in fact and comparable to my old i5 PC. 
Weird, something might be up with my N2. Thought the soft reset would help. Skins keep reloading on their own as the UI resets for no reason.
(2020-03-25, 03:00)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-03-24, 14:46)jelbo Wrote: @wrxtasy I got the Minix A2 Neo Lite, as you recommended elsewhere. Did you manage to use the power putton on the remote for shutdown as well? /edit found something here I'll test later.

See post #1 of this thread and follow the TIPS link.

Also if you use the CE AMLogic-NG nightly releases, which are pretty stable these days there is an option in...

Kodi Settings > CoreELEC > Hardware > Power > IR Remote Power Code ... 
Thanks. It worked after I fixed the double quotes from “ ” to "".
Hey guys,
I'm having a problem setting up smb on my N2. I posted on both their forums but haven't gotten any responses, maybe you guys can help me. thx
Quote: 
Hi guys, I just got my N2 Friday and was having the craziest problem. I use my router as a nas (T-mobile version of asus tm-ac1900) and have always connected using smb. Trying to load the shares thru Kodi settings it would not take the username/password at all. Funny thing is it saved the username/password in Kodi userdata folder everytime but it still refused to take. No notifications of any kind. I finally was able to set it up by enabling ‘guest mode’ in the router BUT now it still bounces the username/password but it let’s me see the shares. I’m a first time CoreELEC user so not sure if I’m supposed to do something beforehand. Appreciate any help setting it up the right way cause the ‘guest mode’ access seems a little quirky, thanks.
I was going through the whole thread, and while i was between page number 9 or 10 i was reading about chaging the config..
Quote:config.ini file (remove the #):
max_freq_a73='2004'
max_freq_a53='1992'
I made this change to the file under /flash
And now my N2 wont boot up, its stuck on the CoreElec bootloader screen, nor can i ssh..
Do u think this is no easy fix, and I will have to re-flash the emmc through my microsd card? or there is a workaround to get in and change the params? how do i fix this?
(2020-04-01, 09:10)MANswers Wrote: I was going through the whole thread, and while i was between page number 9 or 10 i was reading about chaging the config..
max_freq_a73='2004'
max_freq_a53='1992'
And now my N2 wont boot up, its stuck on the CoreElec bootloader screen, nor can i ssh..
Do u think this is no easy fix, and I will have to re-flash the emmc through my microsd card? or there is a workaround to get in and change the params? how do i fix this? 
When you boot CE from uSD card, you can access config.ini on eMMC. Change back the values in config.ini by placing # at the beginning of those lines.
(2020-04-01, 11:52)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-04-01, 09:10)MANswers Wrote: I was going through the whole thread, and while i was between page number 9 or 10 i was reading about chaging the config..
max_freq_a73='2004'
max_freq_a53='1992'
When you boot CE from uSD card, you can access config.ini on eMMC. Change back the values in config.ini by placing # at the beginning of those lines. 

Thank you this fixed my issue, I was able to comment it back again and log back in. But why is this not working? did it work initially for other folks? Has these parameters proven to do anything good?
(2020-04-02, 09:52)MANswers Wrote:
(2020-04-01, 11:52)Sholander Wrote:

Thank you this fixed my issue, I was able to comment it back again and log back in. But why is this not working? did it work initially for other folks? Has these parameters proven to do anything good? 
The values you entered (max_freq_a73='2004' and max_freq_a53='1992') are maximum overclock values for N2 on CE. Some N2 SBCs work with these values, and some don't. My N2 has absolutely no problem with these max frequencies, some other N2 boot but have problems with crashing, and some other cannot boot at all...
When you experiment with overclock frequencies do it with CE installation on uSD card, for easy fix if they fail.
Here is a list of frequencies that you can try and experiment with.
(2020-04-02, 14:51)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-04-02, 09:52)MANswers Wrote:
(2020-04-01, 11:52)Sholander Wrote: When you boot CE from uSD card, you can access config.ini on eMMC. Change back the values in config.ini by placing # at the beginning of those lines.  

The values you entered (max_freq_a73='2004' and max_freq_a53='1992') are maximum overclock values for N2 on CE. Some N2 SBCs work with these values, and some don't. My N2 has absolutely no problem with these max frequencies, some other N2 boot but have problems with crashing, and some other cannot boot at all...
When you experiment with overclock frequencies do it with CE installation on uSD card, for easy fix if they fail.
Here is a list of frequencies that you can try and experiment with. 

Oh gosh this looks complicated, i dont like the idea of trial and error.. i'd rather not brick my device, and instead stick with what I have. 
By the way how do i take a screen capture of my Kodi screen? I have the Minix a2 lite remote.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4