• 65(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Hey guys nice thread and some very helpful info.
Will the fritschfiretv build on the first post work for me if i am not using 7.1 audio? to fix the audio delay in kodi.
I just have the firestick connected to tv and use tv speakers for audio.
@jubilex can you pls. check this version: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk ?
If this still works, we can merge the PR for kodi 18.7
(2020-04-06, 15:58)Avds Wrote: Hey guys nice thread and some very helpful info.
Will the fritschfiretv build on the first post work for me if i am not using 7.1 audio? to fix the audio delay in kodi.

Yes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-04-06, 19:03)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 15:58)Avds Wrote: Hey guys nice thread and some very helpful info.

Yes.

Brilliant I will try it in a bit. Thanks for all your hard work.
(2020-04-06, 17:08)peak3d Wrote: @jubilex can you pls. check this version: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk ?

Yes, I should be able to do this tonight. Do you need a log or just checking various files and reporting back?
(2020-04-06, 19:40)jubilex Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 17:08)peak3d Wrote: @jubilex can you pls. check this version: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk ?

Yes, I should be able to do this tonight. Do you need a log or just checking various files and reporting back? 
Just looking if it works is fine, the backport was not that easy and could be not working.
(2020-04-06, 21:55)peak3d Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 19:40)jubilex Wrote:

Just looking if it works is fine, the backport was not that easy and could be not working.

All files I tried with this version displayed correctly -- 4:3, 16:9, 2.40:1, mkv, mov, Avi, mp4. Was I only checking for correct aspect ratios? I noticed no issues at all but I only spent a few moments on each video.
(2020-04-07, 12:45)jubilex Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 21:55)peak3d Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 19:40)jubilex Wrote: Yes, I should be able to do this tonight. Do you need a log or just checking various files and reporting back? 

All files I tried with this version displayed correctly -- 4:3, 16:9, 2.40:1, mkv, mov, Avi, mp4. Was I only checking for correct aspect ratios? I noticed no issues at all but I only spent a few moments on each video. 
Thx much!
is there a method to read ntfs formatted hard drives and watch hd movies (without root)?
(2020-04-07, 13:14)peak3d Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 12:45)jubilex Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 21:55)peak3d Wrote: Just looking if it works is fine, the backport was not that easy and could be not working. 

Thx much! 

I picked this official backport up and rebased on top.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
hi,

dunno if its relevant to the disscussion but your latest Version http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk gives me a black screen when starting a serie or movie with mediacodec (surface) enabled. all is fine when disabling mc (surface)
Tried h264, mpeg2, h265 8 bit, h265 10 bit including yellifish and HDR. Everything works fine with Mediacodec Surface. Therefore: It's your personal issue for now. As you did not bother posting your Debug Log, it might stay that way :-)
So just to make sure I understand, the aspect ratio fix is now in the main Kodi, but the audio delay fix will always only be in your Fire TV builds?
Audio-Delay fix is in Matrix (upcoming v19) and ported in my fritschfiretv version.
Aspect-Ratio is in Leia (will be in 18.7 and in Matrix)

Audio-Delay won't be in official Leia, because it breaks workarounds for non-standard firmware that we still support in Leia. Concrete example: if you install fritschfiretv build on an older AMLogic device, passthrough would be broken.
Ok, thanks! So I'll stick with your fire TV builds until I'm ready for Matrix.

Thanks for all your work.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3