Bug TV Scraping - search gives no result when title contains extra words
While I am scraping any TV shows..
I notice the search will not find any title of a TV show if the folder of the show title contains extra words

example..

Rename a TV show folder name that you got as
e.g. Big Little Lies S01

Scrape the show in ember.
It will give error "No matches found"
Right click > change show > Delete the word "S01" from the search box and click search again.
Now it has found the show in the results windows..

Basically the search algorithm for TV shows is not very smart and needs the exact title name without any extra words in the title
If there is any extra words, it will not find anything.

Most search engine would have recognize that it matches most of the title we search for and presented a list of results
e.g. the words "Big Little Lies" should have given us the matches it found already..
rather than trying to find the exact match of the title "Big Little Lies S01" which get no results.

This problem does not occur with movies when extra words are added to the movie title.

So could you please fix the search algorithm so it can do a partial match for TV shows if it was able to find anything at all, then it should list it?

http://embermediamanager.thebuggenie.com...es/EMM-172
bump
(2019-06-17, 10:38)madmax2 Wrote: Basically the search algorithm for TV shows is not very smart and needs the exact title name without any extra words in the title
There is no search algorithm on Embers side, it's all provide side. Also a season value in a tv show directory is very unusual, so the default filter list in EMber does not contain such a filter. But you can add it be yourself (Settings => TV Shows => General => Show Folder/File Name Filters):
Code:
(?i)[\W_]s\d+
With this regex the tv show title will be cleaned from "S#" while adding the tv show to the database.
(2020-04-05, 16:04)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 10:38)madmax2 Wrote: Basically the search algorithm for TV shows is not very smart and needs the exact title name without any extra words in the title
There is no search algorithm on Embers side, it's all provide side. Also a season value in a tv show directory is very unusual, so the default filter list in EMber does not contain such a filter. But you can add it be yourself (Settings => TV Shows => General => Show Folder/File Name Filters):
Code:
(?i)[\W_]s\d+
With this regex the tv show title will be cleaned from "S#" while adding the tv show to the database.  
okay I added the filter and it seems to have ignored the s01 etc..
but the issue is the title of the show can contain other words e.g. Big Little Lies Z 
So it would be hard to add filters for all extra words after the correct title name.

There is another issue which I forgot to mention in the first post...

Is there any reason why when right click > change show
if the correct title has extra words at the end it will find no matches

e.g. "Big Little Lies" + [extra words]
-Big Little Lies Z 
-Big Little Lies s01

But if I do a search on imdb.com with those search words it will give all the matches or partial matches it found.
https://www.imdb.com/find?q=Big+Little+L..._=nv_sr_sm

If search for a show > change show etc..
Surely there should be a list of matches it found if not the exact title was found
so it should give a result list of what it found and you can pick from list?

Seems like the search in change show or search itself has to have the exact title or it will find nothing..
when it should have presented us with a list of the matches it found (like on imdb.com search)
with the most likely match presented at the top in the list for us to pick
or auto chosen as having a high probability to be correct title?

It is like the search is very unforgiving when a correct title has extra words or letters added to it.

Maybe you can fix this?
I can't use the default search URL to search for tv shows, otherwise also tv movies and movies will be added as search result. The effort to filter all there of the search result will be to much only to prevent an empty result if you don't use a proper title. I've to use the advanced search with "Title Type" is set to "tv series" and with that search URL "Big Little Lies Z" ends without a result: https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title...=tv_series

(2020-04-05, 20:53)madmax2 Wrote: Is there any reason why when right click > change show
if the correct title has extra words at the end it will find no matches
"Change TV Show" does the same like you search for an unknown tv show: it filters the title of the directory and use it as search title. Yo you can't expect another result.
(2020-04-08, 11:41)DanCooper Wrote: I can't use the default search URL to search for tv shows, otherwise also tv movies and movies will be added as search result. The effort to filter all there of the search result will be to much only to prevent an empty result if you don't use a proper title. I've to use the advanced search with "Title Type" is set to "tv series" and with that search URL "Big Little Lies Z" ends without a result: https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title...=tv_series
(2020-04-05, 20:53)madmax2 Wrote: Is there any reason why when right click > change show
if the correct title has extra words at the end it will find no matches
"Change TV Show" does the same like you search for an unknown tv show: it filters the title of the directory and use it as search title. Yo you can't expect another result.    

so is there any solution or workaround solution for this problem?

If we got a lot of shows that needs scraping..
renaming all the shows to the exact correct name (ie no extra letters or words) can be quite time consuming..

And even if the shows are name correctly the search result can pick non relevant or outdated shows which are less likely the show we wanted to scrape
due to the other issue..

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343985

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Scraping - search gives no result when title contains extra words0