• 8(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-04-08, 19:39)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 19:13)drinfernoo Wrote: Alright, I've just pushed [inline]1.4.3[/iniline], which is mainly cleanup and error catching, but does also have a handful of worthwhile changes as well.

Previous versions only allowed you to add paths with no DbType set (so folders and such, that aren't actual media). I found that this made some paths not be usable, as they declare their content as "video" (the one that I found it was in TMDbHelper, which declares people as "video" Rofl), even when it isn't necessarily an actual video file. For this reason, I've relaxed the requirement, and now it will allow any path that isn't a "movie" or "episode". This means you can point directly into shows, seasons and such, but I don't expect it to work for any playable files. It's possible I can add that functionality at some point, but I don't feel like it's necessarily needed. If you need to create an AutoWidget that contains specific media files, my recommendation is to add those to a Smart Playlist, a Trakt list, or a library node, and point your widget at that. It will allow the best compatibility with playable files, including available metadata and artwork, which won't get "cloned" in its entirety just by adding to AutoWidget.

This update also addresses an issue where the "given" artwork for a path was on a remote host, and you weren't able to "escape" the host in the file browser. Now, if that art is stored at a web address, it'll kick you back to the root of the browser. If you want to use remotely stored art for your paths, i would recommend adding your host as a file source, and then browsing to the images through that source. Also regarding artwork is that special paths will now be automatically used for artwork. This won't retroactively convert old paths, but any new paths or artwork that gets set will be converted to a special path, where applicable.

Other fixes include a bug where some skins didn't allow you to set "Settings" shortcuts, and using smart playlists as paths (@Rijs43 Wink)

You are amazing mate..

Will try later on regarding smart playlists.

Thanks a million.

For consideration.. is it possible to auto widget inside a widget? (i.e. trending movies sorted by release date but autowidget lets say the first 20 movies inside the trending widget it self). Not sure what the limitations will be here so just my thoughts on it.

I guess I don't quite get what you mean?
(2020-04-08, 19:59)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 19:39)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 19:13)drinfernoo Wrote: Alright, I've just pushed [inline]1.4.3[/iniline], which is mainly cleanup and error catching, but does also have a handful of worthwhile changes as well.

Previous versions only allowed you to add paths with no DbType set (so folders and such, that aren't actual media). I found that this made some paths not be usable, as they declare their content as "video" (the one that I found it was in TMDbHelper, which declares people as "video" Rofl), even when it isn't necessarily an actual video file. For this reason, I've relaxed the requirement, and now it will allow any path that isn't a "movie" or "episode". This means you can point directly into shows, seasons and such, but I don't expect it to work for any playable files. It's possible I can add that functionality at some point, but I don't feel like it's necessarily needed. If you need to create an AutoWidget that contains specific media files, my recommendation is to add those to a Smart Playlist, a Trakt list, or a library node, and point your widget at that. It will allow the best compatibility with playable files, including available metadata and artwork, which won't get "cloned" in its entirety just by adding to AutoWidget.

This update also addresses an issue where the "given" artwork for a path was on a remote host, and you weren't able to "escape" the host in the file browser. Now, if that art is stored at a web address, it'll kick you back to the root of the browser. If you want to use remotely stored art for your paths, i would recommend adding your host as a file source, and then browsing to the images through that source. Also regarding artwork is that special paths will now be automatically used for artwork. This won't retroactively convert old paths, but any new paths or artwork that gets set will be converted to a special path, where applicable.

Other fixes include a bug where some skins didn't allow you to set "Settings" shortcuts, and using smart playlists as paths (@Rijs43 Wink)

You are amazing mate..

Thanks a million.

For consideration.. is it possible to auto widget inside a widget? (i.e. trending movies sorted by release date but autowidget lets say the first 20 movies inside the trending widget it self). Not sure what the limitations will be here so just my thoughts on it.

So Autowidget works per row of widgets to rotate. Row 1 to Row 2 and vice versa. But is it also possible to have this for Row 1 to rotate the movies, so basically inside the widget it self.

Widget Row 1 'Trending Movies' : movie1 movie2 movie3 movie4 <--- Possible to rotate the movies? (i.e. first 4 or 10 etc?)
V 1.4.3 does not show up in the repo. Tried the zip file bit gives me an error with invalid structure

IGNORE, SHOWING NOW

Hi,

I have tried the new update and autowidget is showing now up in Embuary, however the title of the smart list does not match with the content shown by Autowidget. For example I have a smart play list Comedy, autowidget is showing for example Thriller movies in Comedy smart playlist. The smart playlist is set up correct because when I enter this playlist manually everything is showing correct.

Seems like there is a bug in Autowidget with showing the correct content.
(2020-04-08, 20:47)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 19:59)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 19:39)Rijs43 Wrote: You are amazing mate..

Thanks a million.

So Autowidget works per row of widgets to rotate. Row 1 to Row 2 and vice versa. But is it also possible to have this for Row 1 to rotate the movies, so basically inside the widget it self.

Widget Row 1 'Trending Movies' : movie1 movie2 movie3 movie4 <--- Possible to rotate the movies? (i.e. first 4 or 10 etc?)

No, this isn't possible. AutoWidget doesn't control the content that is returned from the called path.
(2020-04-09, 01:40)Rijs43 Wrote:

Hi,

I have tried the new update and autowidget is showing now up in Embuary, however the title of the smart list does not match with the content shown by Autowidget. For example I have a smart play list Comedy, autowidget is showing for example Thriller movies in Comedy smart playlist. The smart playlist is set up correct because when I enter this playlist manually everything is showing correct.

I'm unable to replicate this. I created a group with three Smart Playlists (Sci-Fi, Horror, and Random, from my library) and three paths from TMDbHelper. I then set up three widgets that all pull from that group.

Every refresh, the labels update along with the content in the widget. It is possible that on slower systems (or with lots of widgets), the label can change before the content, simply as a side effect of it taking longer to load new content than to change text. I haven't really noticed this happening when my AutoWidgets are primarily made out of library content, however, since library content loads so fast.

If you'd like to open an issue with a debug log, I can take a look, but on my end this is working as intended. Can anyone else confirm one way or the other?
(2020-04-09, 03:00)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-09, 01:40)Rijs43 Wrote:

Hi,

I'm unable to replicate this. I created a group with three Smart Playlists (Sci-Fi, Horror, and Random, from my library) and three paths from TMDbHelper. I then set up three widgets that all pull from that group.

Every refresh, the labels update along with the content in the widget. It is possible that on slower systems (or with lots of widgets), the label can change before the content, simply as a side effect of it taking longer to load new content than to change text. I haven't really noticed this happening when my AutoWidgets are primarily made out of library content, however, since library content loads so fast.

If you'd like to open an issue with a debug log, I can take a look, but on my end this is working as intended. Can anyone else confirm one way or the other?

Hi

I have the latest Nvidia TV and all my content is from the local library.

When I force refresh auto widget, I see the headers changing but not the content. I have set up 20 widgets.

Everything is working in AH skin, so seems to relate to Embuary skin.

Logfile

Personal message
I have a tmdb helper shortcut widget which just points to the various menu items (excluding people). Sometimes it shows an additional item 'Point a widget at this directory....', but I have added it correctly. If I reload the skin it tends to go away for a while then re-appears some time later. Looks like a bug, or a setting I have wrong?

(2020-04-09, 19:06)FXB78 Wrote: I have a tmdb helper shortcut widget which just points to the various menu items (excluding people). Sometimes it shows an additional item 'Point a widget at this directory....', but I have added it correctly. If I reload the skin it tends to go away for a while then re-appears some time later. Looks like a bug, or a setting I have wrong?

That's a bug... I've seen it happen a few times, but I can fix it. It has to do with the way that I show different content in different windows, and I'm actually going to work away from that, I think. A skin reload should straighten it out in the meantime.
(2020-04-09, 20:11)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-09, 19:06)FXB78 Wrote: I have a tmdb helper shortcut widget which just points to the various menu items (excluding people). Sometimes it shows an additional item 'Point a widget at this directory....', but I have added it correctly. If I reload the skin it tends to go away for a while then re-appears some time later. Looks like a bug, or a setting I have wrong?

That's a bug... I've seen it happen a few times, but I can fix it. It has to do with the way that I show different content in different windows, and I'm actually going to work away from that, I think. A skin reload should straighten it out in the meantime. 
Yeah I thought it was a bug, thanks for confirming. It's not a big problem, I can just reload or ignore it until it gets fixed Smile
As an update for you guys: I'm working on a couple new features, that I'll probably be releasing fairly soon.

The first little group of fixes have to do with shortcut groups: I've cleaned up the menus surrounding them, so that it is easier than before to point a widget at them, and you shouldn't see any "useless" entries on your widgets anymore (@FXB78 Wink). Along with this, I've figured out how to make widgets that are made from shortcut groups update their content automatically when the group changes. That means that adding/removing/shifting/editing paths in a shortcut group will update any widgets that are pointed at that group automatically, without needing to reload the skin!

I have a few other things coming in updates that I hope to get out pretty quickly, time permitting, but I hadn't seen much movement here in the last couple days, so I wanted you guys to know I was still thinking of you Wink

Let me know if anything's not working, or could work better Smile
(2020-04-12, 02:38)drinfernoo Wrote: As an update for you guys: I'm working on a couple new features, that I'll probably be releasing fairly soon.

The first little group of fixes have to do with shortcut groups: I've cleaned up the menus surrounding them, so that it is easier than before to point a widget at them, and you shouldn't see any "useless" entries on your widgets anymore (@FXB78 Wink). Along with this, I've figured out how to make widgets that are made from shortcut groups update their content automatically when the group changes. That means that adding/removing/shifting/editing paths in a shortcut group will update any widgets that are pointed at that group automatically, without needing to reload the skin!

I have a few other things coming in updates that I hope to get out pretty quickly, time permitting, but I hadn't seen much movement here in the last couple days, so I wanted you guys to know I was still thinking of you Wink

Let me know if anything's not working, or could work better Smile

Cant wait....really love AutoWidgets
I may have missed something in the thread, or this may just be against the original intention of the addon, but would it please also be possible to have an option to display the items in date order - well, maybe the order in the addon they are received from would be better?

I mean, when I have a Group with several sources, let's say for example YouTube My Subscriptions & GQ New Videos (I'm testing with these), they should show by "Most Recent".

Because I would like to use AutoWidget to create both a Group and a Widget that shows all the New Videos from Kodi's various streaming video addons.

As I mentioned earlier, this is what I requested way back in 2016 in another thread (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2351572) so I am very happy and excited to have the chance of finally getting this working with AutoWidget. This would really help simplify my Kodi home screen menu.

Happy Easter, and THANKS! for all of your work Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2020-04-12, 12:08)jmh2002 Wrote: I may have missed something in the thread, or this may just be against the original intention of the addon, but would it please also be possible to have an option to display the items in date order - well, maybe the order in the addon they are received from would be better?

I mean, when I have a Group with several sources, let's say for example YouTube My Subscriptions & GQ New Videos (I'm testing with these), they should show by "Most Recent".

Because I would like to use AutoWidget to create both a Group and a Widget that shows all the New Videos from Kodi's various streaming video addons.

As I mentioned earlier, this is what I requested way back in 2016 in another thread (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2351572) so I am very happy and excited to have the chance of finally getting this working with AutoWidget. This would really help simplify my Kodi home screen menu.

Happy Easter, and THANKS! for all of your work Smile

At this time it isn't possible to set that type of parameter per-path. You can, however, typically set it per-widget in the skin settings.

If you're trying this wondering why it's not working, you need to set properties like sorting, limit, aspect, and the like, after running "Initialize Widgets", or they get wiped out during the "conversion".

EDIT: As I've mentioned before when this comes up, you could also create Smart Playlists which sort their own content the way you'd like, and then use that playlist as a path in an AutoWidget group. This should preserve the sorting, as far as I can tell, as long as the widget itself isn't set up to change it (I'd use "default" widget sorting).
Alright guys, here's the next update! 1.4.5 does include all of the stuff I mentioned in my last update, like menu cleanups and such. It also automatically refreshes shortcut widgets whenever they're modified. Those are "back seat" things now, though, because this update brings 3 "completely new features" as well.

Firstly, for widget groups, you now have the option to use "Next Path" instead of "Random Path" for a widget.
Using "Next Path" will simply refresh the paths in the order they show in the group, and loop back around to the beginning.

Next, I've introduced the ideas of "Clone" and "Explode".
By choosing "Clone as Shortcut Group", AutoWidget will create a new Shortcut Group, and automatically populate it with shortcuts to each of the selected folder's subfolders. "Explode as Widget Group" is similar, except it will create a Widget Group, which will be filled with paths to be refreshed from.

I plan on doing another video soon to highlight these new features, and probably give another overall walkthrough. Would you guys like to see that again? Anything I should do differently or explain better?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1