• 15(current)
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording
@basilgello - your account is too new and hasn't made sufficient posts yet to have those privs (including access to PM's) available yet. It's a generic anti-spam measure run here.

I've adjusted your account settings though and you should now have access to them.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello, thankyou for your efforts for adding recording to simple client.  I too would be more than happy to help test as it's a function I've been hoping for for a while now.  I can test on Libreelec and Windows, all running Kodi smoothly and quite happily.
(2020-03-24, 09:10)el_gonz87 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 16:18)thecubasekid Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 03:08)el_gonz87 Wrote: Thank you for the replies. What I will do is update the code to work on Kodi 18.x Leia API functions.

What version of LibreElec are you running?

Thanks I am on latest 9.2.1 - that has Kodi 18.5. a new version with Kodi 18.6 is expected any day.

LibreELEC can be lots of devices i think, Ras Pi is one. i am on a fork of LibreELEC, CoreELEC, which is same code base but aimed at AMLogic devices, so for the most part, LibreELEC with drivers for AMLogic chipsets. i think all are ARM based in CoreELEC.

there is already an updated version of your code for Kodi 18, for few diff OS - see git below (i got the R Pi 2/3 version to install and run on mty CoreELEC devices. it works for IPTV, but recording does not write a file, then Kodi crashes..)

for me i would love to be able to pause live TV. even better would be option to  cache a (configurable amount in MB) of the stream and have this constantly caching,  in addition to pause, so i could rewind, just like my cable TV. i think this would be the final nail in the coffin for my cable TV provider!!!!

https://github.com/maxpo452/IPTV-Simple-...-KODI-Leia  

Thank you very much for sending me this. I re-wrote almost all of the code that's on the github so that is REALLY OUTDATED. 
I've added much more traceability between functions for log, error checking, more robustness, etc...

I have completed the update of my addon to Kodi Leia 18.6 and compiled a windows DLL, so far seems to work pretty well but I haven't extensively tested it.

Next Steps:
- Compile on Linux (Target by Weekend)
- Compile for LibreELEC (Anyone have a quick tutorial for cross compiling on LibreELEC? Similar to Android Cross-Compile??)

Future:
- Compile on Android (As Client)
- Try to add Android (As Server), but will have to ship it with FFMPEG compiled and there is some licensing issues I will have to work around 
@el_gonz87  Hope you and your family are safe and well at this time...  how is the testing going, are we any closer to a LibreELEC build to try out?

Thanks!!
(2020-03-31, 06:18)el_gonz87 Wrote: Hi All,

Wanted to provide an update. I have been working on this plugin pretty hard the last few days and completely re-wrote the code to add stability and new features!

New Features:
  1. Supports loading Season & Episode from XMLTV (has some strict assumptions, based on what EPG123 provides, can expand to other sources w/ examples provided).
  2. Added Timer Rules!! (BIG UPDATE & Will require much more testing!!).
    1. Now you can record entire shows with a simple click!
  3. Added support for text style genre from XMLTV no more categories required.
  4. Fixed previously reported issue w Padding (start & stop), now this info is preserved.
  5. Added client & server mode, these new features will be a little bit taxing on low end CPUs, so added a setting to stick to just a DVR extender (can manage timers & recordings, but will offload FFMPEG to server ideally a HTPC)
    1. Will Demo this on another video soon.
  6. Added option to filter channels on only those with EPG (I like this personally but defaulted it to off).
  7. Added periodical reload of M3U & XMLTV (based on schedule in settings e.g. daily/weekly/on startup).
  8. Fixed video duration, I now pipe FFMPEG stderr to a log for debug and to get accurate video duration!
  9. Added channel numbers from M3U playlist if available (via tvg-chno="#")
  10. Probably more, it was really a complete rewrite. 
Here is a quick demo:
PVRIptv Simple Client w HD Recording Demo

So far I have build this new version on windows. This will not be backwards compatible to any of the previous iterations...

I think Linux should be straight copy paste rebuild. Still setting up my RPI for LibreElec(I'm a newbie at this  Laugh ).

Anyways thanks to those still interested, hope to keep this going.

PS: still need Windows & Linux testers.. Haven't heard back from @bsoriano, hope he can test new version if previous one worked.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Any way to include the catchup that's part of Kodi 19 or Simple Client 4?
(2020-04-08, 16:14)4rarius Wrote: Hello, thankyou for your efforts for adding recording to simple client.  I too would be more than happy to help test as it's a function I've been hoping for for a while now.  I can test on Libreelec and Windows, all running Kodi smoothly and quite happily.

Awesome, you can start testing Windows version, please join discord to see latest link (https://discord.gg/KJZPUm)

(2020-04-09, 13:24)thecubasekid Wrote:
(2020-03-24, 09:10)el_gonz87 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 16:18)thecubasekid Wrote: Thanks I am on latest 9.2.1 - that has Kodi 18.5. a new version with Kodi 18.6 is expected any day.

LibreELEC can be lots of devices i think, Ras Pi is one. i am on a fork of LibreELEC, CoreELEC, which is same code base but aimed at AMLogic devices, so for the most part, LibreELEC with drivers for AMLogic chipsets. i think all are ARM based in CoreELEC.

there is already an updated version of your code for Kodi 18, for few diff OS - see git below (i got the R Pi 2/3 version to install and run on mty CoreELEC devices. it works for IPTV, but recording does not write a file, then Kodi crashes..)

for me i would love to be able to pause live TV. even better would be option to  cache a (configurable amount in MB) of the stream and have this constantly caching,  in addition to pause, so i could rewind, just like my cable TV. i think this would be the final nail in the coffin for my cable TV provider!!!!

https://github.com/maxpo452/IPTV-Simple-...-KODI-Leia  

Thank you very much for sending me this. I re-wrote almost all of the code that's on the github so that is REALLY OUTDATED. 
I've added much more traceability between functions for log, error checking, more robustness, etc...

I have completed the update of my addon to Kodi Leia 18.6 and compiled a windows DLL, so far seems to work pretty well but I haven't extensively tested it.

Next Steps:
- Compile for LibreELEC (Anyone have a quick tutorial for cross compiling on LibreELEC? Similar to Android Cross-Compile??)

Future:
- Try to add Android (As Server), but will have to ship it with FFMPEG compiled and there is some licensing issues I will have to work around          
@el_gonz87  Hope you and your family are safe and well at this time...  how is the testing going, are we any closer to a LibreELEC build to try out?

Thanks!!         

Working on LibreElec build today, what arch and version do you have (see here https://wiki.libreelec.tv/compile)

(2020-04-10, 21:54)techjohnny Wrote:

Wanted to provide an update. I have been working on this plugin pretty hard the last few days and completely re-wrote the code to add stability and new features!

New Features:
  1. Supports loading Season & Episode from XMLTV (has some strict assumptions, based on what EPG123 provides, can expand to other sources w/ examples provided).
  4. Fixed previously reported issue w Padding (start & stop), now this info is preserved.
  5. Added client & server mode, these new features will be a little bit taxing on low end CPUs, so added a setting to stick to just a DVR extender (can manage timers & recordings, but will offload FFMPEG to server ideally a HTPC)
  6. Added option to filter channels on only those with EPG (I like this personally but defaulted it to off).
  7. Added periodical reload of M3U & XMLTV (based on schedule in settings e.g. daily/weekly/on startup).
  8. Fixed video duration, I now pipe FFMPEG stderr to a log for debug and to get accurate video duration!
Here is a quick demo:

So far I have build this new version on windows. This will not be backwards compatible to any of the previous iterations...

I think Linux should be straight copy paste rebuild. Still setting up my RPI for LibreElec(I'm a newbie at this  Laugh ).

PS: still need Windows & Linux testers.. Haven't heard back from @bsoriano, hope he can test new version if previous one worked.       

I do not have a provide with catchup URL, but if you want to join my discord we can see about sharing an example link provided and I can add it.

UPDATE:
Changed addon to use SQLite to store the timers/recordings databases locally. This will allow me to add LiteSync or write my own TCP wrapper to allow multi device homes to sync without the need to have syncthing running as well. Since this addon is now a complete rewrite from my old one and is no longer really a fork from the Kodi IPTV, I have re named it to PVR.SQL (PVR Simple SQL Client), seems appropriate to change it.

New versions (Ubuntu and Windows) can be found @ my discord.

These new changes probably will introduce some issues so please test away!

Thx,
Gonzalo

@mods can you rename title to "PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording"
(2020-04-11, 15:00)el_gonz87 Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 16:14)4rarius Wrote: Hello, thankyou for your efforts for adding recording to simple client.  I too would be more than happy to help test as it's a function I've been hoping for for a while now.  I can test on Libreelec and Windows, all running Kodi smoothly and quite happily.

Awesome, you can start testing Windows version, please join discord to see latest link (https://discord.gg/KJZPUm)

(2020-03-24, 09:10)el_gonz87 Wrote: Thank you very much for sending me this. I re-wrote almost all of the code that's on the github so that is REALLY OUTDATED. 

Next Steps:

Future:

Thanks!!          

Working on LibreElec build today, what arch and version do you have (see here https://wiki.libreelec.tv/compile)

New Features:
Here is a quick demo:

I do not have a provide with catchup URL, but if you want to join my discord we can see about sharing an example link provided and I can add it.

UPDATE:
Changed addon to use SQLite to store the timers/recordings databases locally. This will allow me to add LiteSync or write my own TCP wrapper to allow multi device homes to sync without the need to have syncthing running as well. Since this addon is now a complete rewrite from my old one and is no longer really a fork from the Kodi IPTV, I have re named it to PVR.SQL (PVR Simple SQL Client), seems appropriate to change it.

Thx,
Gonzalo

SO glad to see you back! Need a LibreElec x86_64 version. I'm interested in your client/server setup.

(2020-03-24, 09:10)el_gonz87 Wrote: Thank you very much for sending me this. I re-wrote almost all of the code that's on the github so that is REALLY OUTDATED. 

Next Steps:

Future:

Thanks!!          

New Features:
Here is a quick demo:

UPDATE:

Thx,
Gonzalo

My Env has Kodi running in Win 7 and Win 10 boxes. Happy to help QA, and add value where I can.  Great Project, saved me a lot of Dev time.
(2020-04-14, 21:54)jsauro Wrote:

(2020-04-09, 13:24)thecubasekid Wrote: @el_gonz87  Hope you and your family are safe and well at this time...  how is the testing going, are we any closer to a LibreELEC build to try out?

Thanks!!          

(2020-04-10, 21:54)techjohnny Wrote: Thanks for all your hard work.

UPDATE:

Thx,
Gonzalo

My Env has Kodi running in Win 7 and Win 10 boxes. Happy to help QA, and add value where I can.  Great Project, saved me a lot of Dev time. 

Awesome can you join discord https://discord.gg/HagcG3, I have windows and linux and libreelec x86_64 versions available right now
Quote:@mods can you rename title to "PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording"
The thread title has been modified as requested.
(2020-04-16, 17:11)el_gonz87 Wrote:

Awesome can you join discord https://discord.gg/HagcG3, I have windows and linux and libreelec x86_64 versions available right now 
Would love to try the LibreELEC version, i tried following the link to your discord, but got message that the link is invalid or expired...

Thanks
(2020-04-19, 16:02)thecubasekid Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 17:11)el_gonz87 Wrote:

Would love to try the LibreELEC version, i tried following the link to your discord, but got message that the link is invalid or expired...

Thanks 
@el_gonz87
Will you please send an updated Discord link?
My apologies, this link should never expire: https://discord.gg/n83a83V

Added TCP code to handle client/serve scheme. Working on building on Raspberry PI (hit a couple bumps, RPI model 2 I had hanging around not working out, will buy new one soon) but I think this will work on LibreElec ARM devices @thecubasekid. Will test once I get it set up. In meantime, Windowx, Linux, and LibreElec x86_64 versions are available.
DOUBLE POST, sorry!
Wanted to provide a quick update. I have successfully ported it to LibreELEC ARM successfully running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. Please visit discord to get latest update.

Thx to all users willing to test it out!

Not sure about tackling Android... I am worried about Google's permission updates and the ability to copy FFMPEG to data partition and launch it... Will keep everyone posted.
(2020-05-13, 22:31)el_gonz87 Wrote: Wanted to provide a quick update. I have successfully ported it to LibreELEC ARM successfully running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. Please visit discord to get latest update.

Thx to all users willing to test it out!

Not sure about tackling Android... I am worried about Google's permission updates and the ability to copy FFMPEG to data partition and launch it... Will keep everyone posted.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording11