Solved Odd track order playing compilation albums
Hi

I running kodi 19 Alpha1 millhouse build #310 on a raspberry pi using the confluence skin (I need to wait for the wifi firmware issue to be fixed before I can go to a later build)

I have noticed that If I queue an album that is a compilation the tracks are queued in ascending artist name order not ascending track order as i would expect

if I queue an album which is classed as a boxset the tracks are queued in the normal ascending track order

Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed that could be doing this or have I a stumbled on a bug

let me know if you need any other information
That sounds like the bug discussed here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350794 that I still have not found time to fix. If you can confirm that then I'll merge threads @tkgafs
(2020-03-27, 17:22)DaveBlake Wrote: That sounds like the bug discussed here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350794 that I still have not found time to fix. If you can confirm that then I'll merge threads @tkgafs

I'm not seeing the original issue Dubwat raised and I have tried both confluence and estuary skins

but I am seeing the issue Black eagle posted in item 6 of the post, any compilation album sorts into artist order not track order
@tkgafs fix for the order songs from compilation albums are queued will be in the next nightly - I finally merged @black_eagles fix PR17589
(2020-04-11, 09:39)DaveBlake Wrote: @tkgafs fix for the order songs from compilation albums are queued will be in the next nightly - I finally merged @black_eagles fix PR17589

great look forward to trying it out
Yep, it should fix it so that songs are queued in the order you last viewed a song list in.  Normally that (for me anyway) would be track order, but there are other sorts (artist, year etc) that you can use so just be aware that the queuing should use the last sort order that you viewed songs in.

I just mention this in case you've got it set to sort by artist because then you wouldn't see a change.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-04-11, 11:04)black_eagle Wrote: Yep, it should fix it so that songs are queued in the order you last viewed a song list in.  Normally that (for me anyway) would be track order, but there are other sorts (artist, year etc) that you can use so just be aware that the queuing should use the last sort order that you viewed songs in.

I just mention this in case you've got it set to sort by artist because then you wouldn't see a change.

yes working perfectly thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd track order playing compilation albums0