• 172(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2020-01-08, 03:50)vbmds Wrote: I think I have also worked it out. To help anyone else just starting this adventure here is what the Tutorial assumes you know...The commandlexigram init-configpulls down the file kodi.config and puts in the folder your Command Prompt or Windows Powershell window is pointing to. For me by default that folder is c:\windows\system32
I changed my powershell window to point to my lexigram-cli folder using the cd command and then ran the
lexigram init-configcommand. This placed the kodi.config file between the two skill files in that folder.

so its working for you? im not following what you did
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Trying to get this to deploy and Im getting the error my kodi configuration settings are wrong please double check. Just not sure where to look i thought i had the settings correct obviously not. 

(2020-01-11, 02:50)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:
(2020-01-08, 03:50)vbmds Wrote: I think I have also worked it out. To help anyone else just starting this adventure here is what the Tutorial assumes you know...The commandlexigram init-configpulls down the file kodi.config and puts in the folder your Command Prompt or Windows Powershell window is pointing to. For me by default that folder is c:\windows\system32
I changed my powershell window to point to my lexigram-cli folder using the cd command and then ran the
lexigram init-configcommand. This placed the kodi.config file between the two skill files in that folder.

I'll try to clarify, although I haven't gone any further due to other commitments.

Firstly, I'm using Windows 10. I used Windows Powershell rather than the Command Prompt but either option will work just as well.

When first opened, both Powershell and Command Prompt start with a default location: Powershell run as Administrator starts with the path c:\windows\system32. Run as a User it starts with the Users home folder as path c:\users\[user name]> The path used is shown before the cursor within the window eg ps c:\windows\system32> The Command Prompt window will show exactly the same thing except for the ps at the start of each line.

By default then; running either Powershell or Command Prompt  as Administrator and running the
lexigram init-config command will place the kodi.config in the system32 folder.

To change the folder the 
kodi.config file is placed; simply run the cd command run in the powershell or command prompt window eg cd c:\Program_Files\nvm\v8.11.1\node_modules\lexigram-cli (I have a folder named Program_Files for stuff I want Windows to leave alone) After the cd command is completed the cursor will be now on the end of ps c:\Program_Files\nvm\v8.11.1\node_modules\lexigram-cli> (in my case) and the kodi.config file with be put into this folder.

As to whether is the best/correct location from which to deploy, I don't know as I have yet to try it.
Can't seem to use 2 instances of Kodi as the skill always send the commands to the Kodi defined in DEFAULT,

i have set another Echo in the Override section, i can see both devices in Lambda logs but whenever i use any of those, it always send to the default... did i miss something ?

here is how my override looks like

# living room dot
[amzn1.ask.device.XXX]
address = YYY.com
port = 1997

my default is set to the same address but with port 1996. Port forwarding is good on my router.

EDIT : nevermind, i forgot to regenerate the function obviously...
(2020-01-13, 03:44)vbmds Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 02:50)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:

I'll try to clarify, although I haven't gone any further due to other commitments.

Firstly, I'm using Windows 10. I used Windows Powershell rather than the Command Prompt but either option will work just as well.

When first opened, both Powershell and Command Prompt start with a default location: Powershell run as Administrator starts with the path c:\windows\system32. Run as a User it starts with the Users home folder as path c:\users\[user name]> The path used is shown before the cursor within the window eg ps c:\windows\system32> The Command Prompt window will show exactly the same thing except for the ps at the start of each line.

By default then; running either Powershell or Command Prompt  as Administrator and running the
lexigram init-config command will place the kodi.config in the system32 folder.

To change the folder the 
kodi.config file is placed; simply run the cd command run in the powershell or command prompt window eg cd c:\Program_Files\nvm\v8.11.1\node_modules\lexigram-cli (I have a folder named Program_Files for stuff I want Windows to leave alone) After the cd command is completed the cursor will be now on the end of ps c:\Program_Files\nvm\v8.11.1\node_modules\lexigram-cli> (in my case) and the kodi.config file with be put into this folder.

As to whether is the best/correct location from which to deploy, I don't know as I have yet to try it.

any luck getting this skill to work?
I haven't got back to it. I'll post when I do; how it goes.
I'm trying to follow the instructions at https://lexigr.am/docs/getting-started.html

but when i get to lexigram deploy kanzi

i get the following error message

✔ Check config file
 ✖ Validate config file
   → Configuration file is not valid. Please update it with the correct information.

I have tried adding -v to the end of the command to get verbose output but it dosesn't display any more info. I can't find any error log so I don't know what isn't valid

could anyone point me as to how to get some more info about the error so i have a chance of fixing it

I'm running lexigram on an ubuntu 18.04 64 bit virtual machine
I've been trying to get this working with self hosting, with out much success until i found this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2411411

although its a bit out date it doesnt take much to work out what needs changed

but the thing that really stopped me was that my webserver didnt use the ciphers that amazon were using.

if helps other folk here are the ciphers alexa are using to contact my webserver

[30/Jan/2020:18:42:06 +0000] 54.240.197.12 TLSv1.2 ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256 "POST /kodi-alexa/ HTTP/1.1" 238
[30/Jan/2020:18:50:48 +0000] 54.240.197.12 TLSv1.2 ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384 "POST /kodi-alexa/ HTTP/1.1" 239
Kanzi crashes kodi when asking for it to play a movie after upgrading from 18.1 to 18.6 I checked. I also updated Kanzi, and redeployed to lambda as well. Interestingly it works well enough to do searches and other commands, but as soon as i tell it to play something, it crashes.... Windows 8.1 x64. Does anyone have any ideas? I am going to try to revert to 18.1 to see if that is indeed the issue. I should know better than to make two changes at the same time Sad

Anyone else on 18.6 release with a recently deployed skill having crash issues?
(2020-03-24, 21:19)skarragallagher Wrote: Kanzi crashes kodi when asking for it to play a movie after upgrading from 18.1 to 18.6 I checked. I also updated Kanzi, and redeployed to lambda as well. Interestingly it works well enough to do searches and other commands, but as soon as i tell it to play something, it crashes.... Windows 8.1 x64. Does anyone have any ideas? I am going to try to revert to 18.1 to see if that is indeed the issue. I should know better than to make two changes at the same time Sad

Im on 18.6 but on android and it works fine. the deployment of the skill is from january here.
(2020-03-24, 21:19)skarragallagher Wrote: Kanzi crashes kodi when asking for it to play a movie after upgrading from 18.1 to 18.6 I checked. I also updated Kanzi, and redeployed to lambda as well. Interestingly it works well enough to do searches and other commands, but as soon as i tell it to play something, it crashes.... Windows 8.1 x64. Does anyone have any ideas? I am going to try to revert to 18.1 to see if that is indeed the issue. I should know better than to make two changes at the same time Sad

Hmmm reverting to 18.1 crashes still. Anyone having any similar issues?
(2020-03-24, 22:44)DrMacabre Wrote:

Im on 18.6 but on android and it works fine. the deployment of the skill is from january here. 
Thanks for the reply. i think my code is from Jan as well
Okay it turns out i am retarded and the issue has nothing to do with Alexa or Kanzi, i had an addon that was causing playback issues even with manual navigation (apparently i haven't watched kodi in a while...lol) anyways removing it solved my problem, sorry for the spam in this thread
I am running the old version of Kodi that predate the lexigram installation version.  It works okay. Is there any reason to deploy Kanzi?  Speed?  New features?  Nothing jumps out at me.
It fails to deploy the Kanzi skill with the self-hosted linuxserver docker. Fails on Lambda as well. Failed on a clean build new server with npm. Tried rebuilding several times and have ensured the endpoint is reachable.

In the error log I'm seeing this igahugirod (paste) I truncated the last bit as it repeats for a while.
Error arises from /usr/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/ask-cli/lib/deploy/deploy-model.js on line 189.

Alexa developer console simple states that "The model build has failed with an unspecified error. This could be from an invalid model or we could be experiencing intermittent issues. Please try again."

Shows 10 good full builds and one failed for each deploy attempt. I assume one language is the hangup. It loaded 137 intents and 15 slot types, but does show 9 Utterance Conflicts in EN-US (back, go back, go home, go to sleep, hold, home, navigate home, right, shut down).

Don't know if it's because I'm running a very large library, because alexa wants a two word invocation, or more likely some other bug.

Fixed issue with following steps:
html:
Removed references to all other languages besides EN-US and EN_GB in:
 /node_modules/lexigram-cli/action.ts
 /node_modules/lexigram-cli/InteractionModel.ts
 /node_modules/lexigram-cli/kanzi-skill.json
 /node_modules/lexigram-cli/koko-skill.json
 /node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/actions.js
 /node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/InteractionModel.js
 /kanzi/skill.json
 deleted all but en-US and en-GB from /kanzi/models/

in the generated lambda.zip:
    deleted all languages but templates.en.yaml sample_slotvals.en.txt and utterances.en.txt
    /alexa.py

Edited node_modules/lexigram-cli/actions.ts and node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/actions.ts to stop it from removing old repo code, downloading new source, and extracting new source

Copied contents of the lambda.zip to /home/kanzi/kanzi/source/repo/
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15