Error message creating thumb folders
Hi.

I've got path substitution for thumbs and it's working. It generates them in the SMB drive and reads them from there.

But in the log I keep getting this for every thumbs folder, which are already created and working in the share.
Code:
"2020-04-11 00:54:11.959 T:13188   ERROR: Create - Error creating /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/f
2020-04-11 00:54:11.959 T:13188   ERROR: Create - Error creating special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/f"

Is that normal? Tell me if I need to post the log please.

Thanks.
If your Kodi device is running without problems, I would disable logging altogether.
It will also save the sdcard some extra wear and tear.
(2020-04-11, 01:05)Klojum Wrote: If your Kodi device is running without problems, I would disable logging altogether.
It will also save the sdcard some extra wear and tear.

Really? I mean, maybe main Kodi is working with path substitution, but some addon isn't, taking a look to the log could help me find it and solve it. Some errors are not shown in Kodi daily but could make it go slower for example, or not be able to get some thumbs for certain things which I would not notice as the rest is going fine...

I would want to know what is trying to write the thumbs path and is getting that error.
(2020-04-12, 19:07)TassMetal Wrote: Really? I mean, maybe main Kodi is working with path substitution, but some addon isn't, taking a look to the log could help me find it and solve it.
You say maybe... If you think something is not working, then yes, the log file is handy. Otherwise... But you hadn't mentioned that in your opening post. Smile
Writing to log files on Android devices (e.g. SD cards) unnecessarily I can do without.

(2020-04-12, 19:07)TassMetal Wrote: Some errors are not shown in Kodi daily but could make it go slower for example, or not be able to get some thumbs for certain things which I would not notice as the rest is going fine...
So you're using an Alpha release. Then you know what you can get into. Path substitution could have a regression. It has been unsupported for a while. If you think there is a problem, then by all means open a ticket at Kodi's Bug Tracker.
(2020-04-12, 19:16)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 19:07)TassMetal Wrote: Really? I mean, maybe main Kodi is working with path substitution, but some addon isn't, taking a look to the log could help me find it and solve it.
You say maybe... If you think something is not working, then yes, the log file is handy. Otherwise... But you hadn't mentioned that in your opening post. Smile
Writing to log files on Android devices (e.g. SD cards) unnecessarily I can do without.
(2020-04-12, 19:07)TassMetal Wrote: Some errors are not shown in Kodi daily but could make it go slower for example, or not be able to get some thumbs for certain things which I would not notice as the rest is going fine...
So you're using an Alpha release. Then you know what you can get into. Path substitution could have a regression. It has been unsupported for a while. If you think there is a problem, then by all means open a ticket at Kodi's Bug Tracker
Sorry, I did not put it right (English is not my main language), I mean Kodi in a daily use, a normal use everyday, not that is a daily build O:-) I'm using Kodi 18.6 official.

What means "path subs could have a regresion"?

Thanks.
Meaning, that a bug that was solved at first, might have come back somehow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error message creating thumb folders0