• 3(current)
Release Disney+
(2020-04-12, 03:10)matthuisman Wrote: @27hectormanuel  - higher than 720 is not possible as they limit higher resolutions to Level 1 Widevine devices
All desktops are Level 3.

Most Level 1 devices are Android TV devices by proper companys (Nvidia Shield, MiBox etc)
Even then, the higher quality streams may not play via Kodi Widevine.

SlyGuy has told me he doesn't really want to add the library integration stuff.
Unless Kodi has a proper way of doing it.
He assumes it all just hacking away at the kodi databases.
I agree with him on this.
I never wanted to touch the kodi databases.

Think there are some add-ons that can integrate other add-on content into library.
I think that's a better approach.
I assume they just simulate going through every plugin path searching for video content and then SQL inserting it into the current Kodi database.

UPDATE:
Looking here:
https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid...Library.py

I see they use a physical file layout of strm files and meta files.
Thats better than SQL into DB.
I'll pass that onto to Slyfguy and he might want to look into something.
If he does something, I assume he will do it in his Common module so all his addons automatically can do library integration.
Thank you for the response. 

Update: Add-On Not working on Fire TV devices? Mine did not play any content.
Thanks for this addon! I’m watching Captain Marvel right now!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
:

[/quote]
If he does something, I assume he will do it in his Common module so all his addons automatically can do library integration.
[/quote]

This is an amazing idea as I subscribe to Disney and curiosity stream
(2020-04-12, 03:10)matthuisman Wrote: I see they use a physical file layout of strm files and meta files.
Thats better than SQL into DB.
I'll pass that onto to Slyfguy and he might want to look into something.
Thanks for your addon! Implementing library integration using strm-files feels hacky, right? Montellese is working on a clean media importing interface for Kodi, see here. This is still WiP, but some demo addons are needed that implement this API to get feedback and testing for the implementation. When implementing the Media Import interface as described here, a user just needs to add the importer in settings and Kodi will handles updating the entries (requires a Kodi build from here). Maybe you could implement this interface and share your experience).

In addition, it would be great to get a larger userbase for testing. I think the disney+ addon is predestined for this. What do you think?
@27hectormanuel 

See the updated Notes section here:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2020/04/disne...dd-on.html
  • This add-on requires at least Inputstream Adaptive 2.4.4 (Kodi 18) / 2.5.5 (Kodi 19).
    They were released 09/04/2020. They should automatically update over next few days.
    Playback in the add-on is disabled until it detects a working version of Inputstream.
  • Kodi on Android does not have ability to automatically update Inputstream Adaptive automatically as it's built-in to Kodi itself.
    It can be forcefully manually updated but it's never actually correctly updated and can lead to issues. It's best to instead download a nightly build of Kodi which will have the latest Inputstream Adaptive installed.
  • The add-on on ARM devices (Android, XU4 etc) appears to have some issues with decoding certain periods of the content (green screen of death). A fix for this is required in Inputstream Adaptive and it is being worked on.
(2020-04-12, 23:11)flubshi Wrote: Thanks for your addon! Implementing library integration using strm-files feels hacky, right? Montellese is working on a clean media importing interface for Kodi, see here. This is still WiP, but some demo addons are needed that implement this API to get feedback and testing for the implementation. When implementing the Media Import interface as described here, a user just needs to add the importer in settings and Kodi will handles updating the entries (requires a Kodi build from here). Maybe you could implement this interface and share your experience).

In addition, it would be great to get a larger userbase for testing. I think the disney+ addon is predestined for this. What do you think? 
Library exporting with .strm files isn't that hacky. Eracknaphobia and I did the same thing with PSvue before it shut down. Simply putting the (plugin://) URL into a .strm and saving it with the naming convention allows Kodi to scrape it. Giving addons like UpNext and Trakt the ability to work off the library without the video plugin having heavy coded database integration.
This would be great until Disney+ addon gets things like "Resume play" or "Play next". Though these features only add to the viewing experience. Having playable content is always more important when it comes to Kodi hehe.
Disney+ does do resume play and automatically will play next if you have told Kodi to do that... (play next video automatically)
All add-ons should.... Don't need in library to do that.

.strm files seems a lot less hacky than messing directly with the databases
However, I personally I have never gone "I wish this add-on content was in my library"
@matthuisman Sorry, by resume play, I was referring to continue watching or sync play. Watching something on the addon does not sync back to Disney's servers and vice versa.
(2020-04-13, 04:29)matthuisman Wrote: .strm files seems a lot less hacky than messing directly with the databases
However, I personally I have never gone "I wish this add-on content was in my library"

I agree, modifying the database directly is more hacky. But for me, the strm approach feels also like a dirty workaround and I would prefer a clean Kodi API for that (from a developers perspective). Thats what Montellese is currently working on. I thought you might be interested in supporting this clean approach. However, it is a bit off-topic for this thread - of course you can stick with the strm soloution.
I personally have made great use of the Library feature of the netflix addon by adding all movies in my list to the kodi library, then using the kodi library to setup filters for year, actor, genre etc, without having to search netflix manually for it. All the heavy lifting is done initally during the strm scrape and I can just browse the locally scraped data faster then having to waiting for pagination load times through the addon. Having the strm library option/feature for the disney+ addon would be a great plus (no pun intended) in my humble opinion.
(2020-04-13, 11:07)layziefj Wrote: I personally have made great use of the Library feature of the netflix addon by adding all movies in my list to the kodi library, then using the kodi library to setup filters for year, actor, genre etc, without having to search netflix manually for it. All the heavy lifting is done initally during the strm scrape and I can just browse the locally scraped data faster then having to waiting for pagination load times through the addon. Having the strm library option/feature for the disney+ addon would be a great plus (no pun intended) in my humble opinion.

I have used it myself with Netflix, but I stopped for three reasons:

1. I could only get things to scrape as TV Shows, no matter what kind of content I was trying to move to the library
2. Content not updating when new seasons become available (I couldn't get it to work, at least)
3. Content on Netflix doesn't always stay there...IE their agreements with the studios expiring (like Friends, The Office, etc) and then I lose access to that content, meaning more library maintenance, etc.
@starslayer74  - my feelings exactly with the exporting.

It's just 'easier' to use the My List feature in an addon. I have added Netflix/Prime/Disney as Favourites, so really it's only one click away from that list.  In theory. it makes sense to be able to import your own library with the VOD's library, but in practice - it's too much maintenance! I prefer the 'setup and forget' route!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
I would have to agree with keeping local media and streamed media separate. More because local media is relatively stable/constant but things like Amazon keep changing their content so if I add one of these films to my library and Amazon stop providing this film then its not accessible and pointless. Disney will be more stable here but still.
Once this addon gets a "Watchlist" function, which I read is in the works, the amount of clicking around the addon will be greatly reduced. Like @layziefj mentioned having content in one browsable/searchable location is convenient less cumbersome. Though at the same time @starslayer74 is correct that not having content update like episodes is a huge downside to having media in the library. It's one of the trickiest things to develop in an addon because the video addon either has to run in the background (service) or re-export a watchlist every time the addon is opened.

I think the continue watching feature would be a great compromise to both. Adding the ability to do things like play the next episode (platform wide) but also staying inside the addon. Content stays up to date and the organization of content is improved.
It's like on Android, you don't have a common library for all content.
You have apps all nice and separate.

If I want to watch something Disney, I go Disney+ add-on.
Rather than navigating a huge library looking for Disney movies.

But, like everything - it's personal preference.

SlyGuy shares my sort of "add-on preference"

Which is
  1. keep it simple
  2. Reliability over features
  3. Automate as much as you can
    eg. get kodis language instead of an add-on setting for language (this is also part of rule#5)
  4. Sensible default settings (Based on rule #2)
    eg. Inputstream Adaptive HLS is much faster to start than built-in ffmpeg.
    However, the built-in can buffer ahead.
    So, by default - use ffmpeg. But there is a setting to enable HLS for users without need for buffer.
  5. Use kodis existing features / settings when you can
    eg. don't use window.xml as they don't change with skins - use xbmcplugin
    Yes, it might mean it can't be as flashy - but it's reliable (Rule#2), works everywhere and all skins
    Use IPTV Merge + add-on so you can use kodis built-in TV / EPG etc.
    Don't re-create whats already there
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disney+13