• 9(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
A video would certainly help, I didn't really understand anything you just wrote, but maybe it's just me Smile
(2020-04-12, 15:35)drinfernoo Wrote: [quote="jmh2002" pid='2939855' dateline='1586686132']

At this time it isn't possible to set that type of parameter per-path. You can, however, typically set it per-widget in the skin settings.

Unless I'm mistake I don't think the Xonfluence skin has individual per widget settings?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2020-04-13, 17:07)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 15:35)drinfernoo Wrote: [quote="jmh2002" pid='2939855' dateline='1586686132']

At this time it isn't possible to set that type of parameter per-path. You can, however, typically set it per-widget in the skin settings.

Unless I'm mistake I don't think the Xonfluence skin has individual per widget settings?

Oh, that may be. I've tested so many skins lately that I can't even remember Rofl

EDIT: Yeah, so it looks like Xonfluence doesn't have these types of widget controls. That means you're back to either making Smart Playlists out of the content you want to sort (I understand that's not always possible), or using a different skin.
This is a great video & very useful for explaining the many different features of the addon. Thanks Smile
(2020-04-15, 20:24)drinfernoo Wrote:
@drinfernoo , way to go! This addon is getting better and better! Great work, thank you so much. Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2020-04-15, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote:
@drinfernoo , way to go! This addon is getting better and better! Great work, thank you so much. Smile

Regards,

Bart 

Agree, really like this add on and so useful. One question I have is how to pull the ‘refresh widget’. So far I can only link to the auto app menu and then choose it but would like to just click on my menu and have it refresh. Also, it seems like it has to reload the full skin for the change to take place. I heard you were looking at not having the full skin refresh. Any luck with this? Thanks, Derrgoo
(2020-04-16, 03:47)derrgoo123 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart  

Agree, really like this add on and so useful. One question I have is how to pull the ‘refresh widget’. So far I can only link to the auto app menu and then choose it but would like to just click on my menu and have it refresh. Also, it seems like it has to reload the full skin for the change to take place. I heard you were looking at not having the full skin refresh. Any luck with this? Thanks, Derrgoo 
Okay went back to the first page and found your directions! Thank you
(2020-04-16, 03:47)derrgoo123 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart 

The skin reload should only happen after the first initialization, and only in skins that use Skin Shortcuts.
Hi drinfernoo, thanks for the update and the exciting features, any plans for backup options?
(2020-04-16, 20:58)hacky4real Wrote: Hi drinfernoo, thanks for the update and the exciting features, any plans for backup options?

I haven't considered backup options. What would you have in mind?
I seem to be having some problems with widgets refreshing, I have the option set for them to refresh every hour. In the log they seem to refresh correctly at 22:11 (Line 534) but at 22:45 it throws an error (Line 714), then they seem to refresh again at 22:59 (Line 725), but at 23:15 (Line 795) I get more JSON errors which I've been seeing quite a bit when they refuse to update.

I'm not sure what's going on or why the auto-refresh doesn't seem to happen every hour as expected but at random times, it may be related to Composite refreshing the skin after playback but I don't know?

Log file: https://pastebin.com/hPELL33Z

EDIT - Just to add, at 00:11 it then updated as expected, but there was no update at 23:11 ?!
(2020-04-12, 02:38)drinfernoo Wrote: As an update for you guys: I'm working on a couple new features, that I'll probably be releasing fairly soon.

The first little group of fixes have to do with shortcut groups: I've cleaned up the menus surrounding them, so that it is easier than before to point a widget at them, and you shouldn't see any "useless" entries on your widgets anymore (@FXB78 Wink). Along with this, I've figured out how to make widgets that are made from shortcut groups update their content automatically when the group changes. That means that adding/removing/shifting/editing paths in a shortcut group will update any widgets that are pointed at that group automatically, without needing to reload the skin!

I have a few other things coming in updates that I hope to get out pretty quickly, time permitting, but I hadn't seen much movement here in the last couple days, so I wanted you guys to know I was still thinking of you Wink

Let me know if anything's not working, or could work better Smile

Very nice with the cleaner shortcuts group. One question...
Any possibility in the future to have the ability to create folders (Groups) inside a shortcut group? Kinda like Superfavorites. I have a lot of stuff setup that way. For example a Movies folder with Subfolders  inside for 4K Movies, 3D movies, 24/7 Movies, etc.

-Thank You! This is a great addon and love to see where this can go.
*Wow, gonna go have some fun with these new Explode and Clone options
Maybe a stupid question but how do you use it with embuary ? I have no problem with arctic horizon but embuary doesn't allow the use of program addon for custom widget.
(2020-04-18, 06:50)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 02:38)drinfernoo Wrote: As an update for you guys: I'm working on a couple new features, that I'll probably be releasing fairly soon.

The first little group of fixes have to do with shortcut groups: I've cleaned up the menus surrounding them, so that it is easier than before to point a widget at them, and you shouldn't see any "useless" entries on your widgets anymore (@FXB78 Wink). Along with this, I've figured out how to make widgets that are made from shortcut groups update their content automatically when the group changes. That means that adding/removing/shifting/editing paths in a shortcut group will update any widgets that are pointed at that group automatically, without needing to reload the skin!

I have a few other things coming in updates that I hope to get out pretty quickly, time permitting, but I hadn't seen much movement here in the last couple days, so I wanted you guys to know I was still thinking of you Wink

Let me know if anything's not working, or could work better Smile

Very nice with the cleaner shortcuts group. One question...
Any possibility in the future to have the ability to create folders (Groups) inside a shortcut group? Kinda like Superfavorites. I have a lot of stuff setup that way. For example a Movies folder with Subfolders  inside for 4K Movies, 3D movies, 24/7 Movies, etc.

-Thank You! This is a great addon and love to see where this can go.
*Wow, gonna go have some fun with these new Explode and Clone options

You can technically already do this Wink You can add a shortcut to another shortcut group. while that makes your main menu a bit messy, it does work.

I'll consider that though... seems like it'd be tricky to do within the current design, but I could see how it would be useful.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1