No NFO after scrapping most TV Shows
Most TV Shows do not have NFO files created after scrapping.

Sometimes it's possible to note (after entering the show title on the uppermost box) that the episodes are there (even though no NFOs have been created).
Sometimes entering the show name yields nothing, as if they haven't been detected - even very popular TV shows.

Movie scrapping works very very well and the possibility to edit is fantastic as it lets one adjust small modifications if needed.
Why doesn't TV Show scrapping perform equally well?

I usually only enable TVDB - when it fails I add IMDB and TMDB and try to Scan folder for new content again but it's always useless.
They has to perform equally. TVDb has many problems in last time because of the API changes that's broken the API again and again but actually it should work. Your files are correctly named and you've scraped the tv show once?
Yes, they're correctly named and I tried to scrape them a number of times.
Just to illustrate one single case:

L'amica geniale (My brilliant friend)

I scraped Season 1 and NFOs were generated and showed up on the list
Now, as Season 2 appeared, I created a folder for Season 1 and another for Season 2.
Scraped again - no NFOs for Season 2 and the existing ones for Season 1 do not appear on the list anymore.
Tried both structures:
L'amica geniale\Season x\<movies>
My brilliant friend\Season x\<movies>
EMM scraper is intelligent enough to present individual files on the list either as L'amica geniale or My brilliant friend according to the root folder name, even though video files remained like My.Brilliant.Friend.S01E01.WEB-DL.720p.Jaskier.mkv in both cases - thus meaning it understands it's the same show with different regional names.

Should I try to rename movies according to some preferred pattern in order to get results?
(2020-04-14, 15:19)pstrg Wrote: Yes, they're correctly named and I tried to scrape them a number of times.
Just to illustrate one single case:

L'amica geniale (My brilliant friend)

I scraped Season 1 and NFOs were generated and showed up on the list
Now, as Season 2 appeared, I created a folder for Season 1 and another for Season 2.
Scraped again - no NFOs for Season 2 and the existing ones for Season 1 do not appear on the list anymore.
Tried both structures:
L'amica geniale\Season x\<movies>
My brilliant friend\Season x\<movies>
EMM scraper is intelligent enough to present individual files on the list either as L'amica geniale or My brilliant friend according to the root folder name, even though video files remained like My.Brilliant.Friend.S01E01.WEB-DL.720p.Jaskier.mkv in both cases - thus meaning it understands it's the same show with different regional names.

Should I try to rename movies according to some preferred pattern in order to get results?
Also: is it better to have TVDB, IMDB an TMDB all enabled or just TVDB?
Is there a priority among them?
(2020-04-14, 15:19)pstrg Wrote: Should I try to rename movies according to some preferred pattern in order to get results?
I think you problem is that you've added tv shows to a movie source and now try to scrape episodes or tv shows as a movie(?). If you want to scrape tv shows you have to add a folder that contains all tv shows as a tv show source.
(2020-04-14, 15:23)pstrg Wrote: Also: is it better to have TVDB, IMDB an TMDB all enabled or just TVDB?
IMO TVDb should be the first (at the top of the list) scraper, than TMDb (if you need some information that only TMDb provides like "Creators" or "Season plot") and than IMDb (but this scraper is the worst and i whould enable on the IMDb ratings if you really need it).
The TVDb scraper provides the IMDb-ID, so the IMDb scraper has not to search for his ID.
The TMDb scraper can use the TVDb-ID and the IMDb-ID to find the tv show in there own DB, also it provides the TVDb-ID and IMDb-ID.
(2020-04-14, 16:41)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-04-14, 15:19)pstrg Wrote: Should I try to rename movies according to some preferred pattern in order to get results?
I think you problem is that you've added tv shows to a movie source and now try to scrape episodes or tv shows as a movie(?). If you want to scrape tv shows you have to add a folder that contains all tv shows as a tv show source. 
No, that shouldn't be the reason... I'm aware of the difference.
I have specific folders for TV shows and all of them are contained in such folders, which are listed under TV Shows > Files and Sources.
Each show has its own folder and Selected folder contains a single TV show is not ticked.
(2020-04-14, 16:45)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-04-14, 15:23)pstrg Wrote: Also: is it better to have TVDB, IMDB an TMDB all enabled or just TVDB?
IMO TVDb should be the first (at the top of the list) scraper, than TMDb (if you need some information that only TMDb provides like "Creators" or "Season plot") and than IMDb (but this scraper is the worst and i whould enable on the IMDb ratings if you really need it).
The TVDb scraper provides the IMDb-ID, so the IMDb scraper has not to search for his ID.
The TMDb scraper can use the TVDb-ID and the IMDb-ID to find the tv show in there own DB, also it provides the TVDb-ID and IMDb-ID. 
Changed order as suggested: 1) TVDB 2) TMDB 3) IMDB.
Scraped with root as L'amica geniale then as My brilliant friend - in both cases episodes that have NFOs (Season 1) do not show the green ticks on the list.
Next bundled Season 1 with Season 2 and scraped again twice as above - same situation - no ticks for episode with NFOs.
I really don't know how those NFOs were created originally! - only setting I changed lately (today) has been the scrape order.
Perhaps this may help...
Below is L'amica geniale/My briliiant friend S01E01 NFO - curiously, no id appears on the xml file.
The NFO wasn't downloaded together with the video.
Did EMM extract by itself the information? If that's the case, why isn't it doing it anymore?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<episodedetails>
  <runtime>56</runtime>
  <videosource>webdl</videosource>
  <season>1</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <bitrate>384</bitrate>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
        <language>rus</language>
        <longlanguage>Russian</longlanguage>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <bitrate>384</bitrate>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
        <language>ita</language>
        <longlanguage>Italian</longlanguage>
      </audio>
      <video>
        <aspect>1.778</aspect>
        <bitrate>3412</bitrate>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <durationinseconds>3413</durationinseconds>
        <height>720</height>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <width>1280</width>
        <filesize>1784626808</filesize>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <dateadded>2020-04-12 16:47:41</dateadded>
  <locked>false</locked>
</episodedetails>

If you edit or recrape an episode then Ember creates an NFO even if the episodes has not been scraped with data from TVDb or any other scraper. If you look into the NFO than you can see that there are only metadata from the video file like resolution and other information like episode and season number. No plot, no title, no actors or any other information. But it looks like the episode has been proper identified as S01E01, right?

Do you only tried to rescrape a season or also the tv show itself? It can't be that it dosn't work at all...
(2020-04-14, 23:41)DanCooper Wrote: If you edit or recrape an episode then Ember creates an NFO even if the episodes has not been scraped with data from TVDb or any other scraper. If you look into the NFO than you can see that there are only metadata from the video file like resolution and other information like episode and season number. No plot, no title, no actors or any other information. But it looks like the episode has been proper identified as S01E01, right?

Do you only tried to rescrape a season or also the tv show itself? It can't be that it dosn't work at all...
I always try to scrape a season - as far as I know, only folders can be scraped - not individual files
Sorry, forgot that if a file appears on the list, it can be rescraped individually...
What? No...
You add a source to the tv show show sources that contains all tv shows with separate folders for each tv show. Inside this folder you have to store the episodes. It's not important to use season folders, you only have to name the episode files like SxxEyy or any other scheme that Kodi supports. After a library update all tv shows should be pulled into Ember. Next step is to scrape every tv show to get an ID and all known information for each episode. If the tv shows has scraped once that new epsiodes will be scraped automatically every time you add new episodes to the folders and start a library update. You also can scrape single seasons or episodes, but the tv show has to been scraped once.
Pretty experienced with movies, only recently started adding TV shows.
There are quite a few differences but I have progressed a lot with your guidance.

Now I'm stuck with a specific case: Pride and Prejudice, a BBC mini-series that' listed on all 3 scrapers:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112130/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1457-pride...uage=en-US
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/pride-and-prejudice

My main folder is named Pride and Prejudice (1995)
Each of the 6 episodes are like Pride and Prejudice S01E01.avi

After scanning the folder, the 6 episodes are listed on EMM window but, as I try to scrape any of them, the process starts but never ends.
Any advice?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No NFO after scrapping most TV Shows0