• 4(current)
Release Disney+
Hello,

sorry first for my basic english.

I have install the addon and have kodi 18.6 installed. but no video starts on my shield.
@wintux 
See "Issues" in first post
(2020-04-13, 19:40)snoopyjoe Wrote: Once this addon gets a "Watchlist" function, which I read is in the works, the amount of clicking around the addon will be greatly reduced. Like @layziefj mentioned having content in one browsable/searchable location is convenient less cumbersome. Though at the same time @starslayer74 is correct that not having content update like episodes is a huge downside to having media in the library. It's one of the trickiest things to develop in an addon because the video addon either has to run in the background (service) or re-export a watchlist every time the addon is opened.

I think the continue watching feature would be a great compromise to both. Adding the ability to do things like play the next episode (platform wide) but also staying inside the addon. Content stays up to date and the organization of content is improved.

Another possible solution is to have export to library by adding support for MediaImport by adding a mediaimporter extension point to the addon.
(2020-04-13, 16:31)starslayer74 Wrote:
(2020-04-13, 11:07)layziefj Wrote: I personally have made great use of the Library feature of the netflix addon by adding all movies in my list to the kodi library, then using the kodi library to setup filters for year, actor, genre etc, without having to search netflix manually for it. All the heavy lifting is done initally during the strm scrape and I can just browse the locally scraped data faster then having to waiting for pagination load times through the addon. Having the strm library option/feature for the disney+ addon would be a great plus (no pun intended) in my humble opinion.

I have used it myself with Netflix, but I stopped for three reasons:

1. I could only get things to scrape as TV Shows, no matter what kind of content I was trying to move to the library
2. Content not updating when new seasons become available (I couldn't get it to work, at least)
3. Content on Netflix doesn't always stay there...IE their agreements with the studios expiring (like Friends, The Office, etc) and then I lose access to that content, meaning more library maintenance, etc. 
This is true. But for disney this wouldn't be the case as they will own all their content right? They don't license off of other studios. I've never had problems with scraping though. Movies scrape as movies and tvshows scrape as tv shows.
(2020-04-13, 23:56)matthuisman Wrote: It's like on Android, you don't have a common library for all content.
You have apps all nice and separate.

If I want to watch something Disney, I go Disney+ add-on.
Rather than navigating a huge library looking for Disney movies.

But, like everything - it's personal preference.

SlyGuy shares my sort of "add-on preference"

Which is
  1. keep it simple
  2. Reliability over features
  3. Automate as much as you can
    eg. get kodis language instead of an add-on setting for language (this is also part of rule#5)
  4. Sensible default settings (Based on rule #2)
    eg. Inputstream Adaptive HLS is much faster to start than built-in ffmpeg.
    However, the built-in can buffer ahead.
    So, by default - use ffmpeg. But there is a setting to enable HLS for users without need for buffer.
  5. Use kodis existing features / settings when you can
    eg. don't use window.xml as they don't change with skins - use xbmcplugin
    Yes, it might mean it can't be as flashy - but it's reliable (Rule#2), works everywhere and all skins
    Use IPTV Merge + add-on so you can use kodis built-in TV / EPG etc.
    Don't re-create whats already there

I was in the mindset that having a strm form of exporting (manual based as opposed to an automated approach) would be simple. But you're correct, these are all just preferences. If ever there was a consideration for any form of this method it would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for all the hard work! Kia Kaha!
(2020-04-13, 18:05)HuwSy Wrote: I would have to agree with keeping local media and streamed media separate. More because local media is relatively stable/constant but things like Amazon keep changing their content so if I add one of these films to my library and Amazon stop providing this film then its not accessible and pointless. Disney will be more stable here but still.
I do mix my streamed movies from Amazon with my regular library, but that is because I have it linked to Movies Anywhere, so it's movies that I own, they won't likely be going anywhere for awhile. I wouldn't ever consider linking something that was just available to watch for free via my subscription.
(2020-04-14, 16:13)starslayer74 Wrote:
(2020-04-13, 18:05)HuwSy Wrote: I would have to agree with keeping local media and streamed media separate. More because local media is relatively stable/constant but things like Amazon keep changing their content so if I add one of these films to my library and Amazon stop providing this film then its not accessible and pointless. Disney will be more stable here but still.
I do mix my streamed movies from Amazon with my regular library, but that is because I have it linked to Movies Anywhere, so it's movies that I own, they won't likely be going anywhere for awhile. I wouldn't ever consider linking something that was just available to watch for free via my subscription.     

I am not sure if you are aware, but that problem is solve using MediaImport and adding a mediaimport extension point to the addon. The addon can then synchronize with the library items either
  • provide a new list of available media items which would be compared with the existing one to determine what needs to be added, removed or updated, which would be automatically applied, or
  • a changeset of items that has be removed, added or updated and the changes are then automatically applied.
There is no need for you to monitor what is available. The addon already does it and can pass that info to Kodi via the MediaImport API.

Adding the extention point does not mean withdrawing any of the existing functionality. It would just the another feature similar to the export feature present in many addons.
Just a simple thanks for your  work on this. Other from missing subtitles and a general disappointment in disney for the missing 1080p software decoding possibility, i am absolutely happy to be able to watch it on my raspi Smile
(2020-04-14, 22:34)kuluba Wrote: Just a simple thanks for your  work on this. Other from missing subtitles and a general disappointment in disney for the missing 1080p software decoding possibility, i am absolutely happy to be able to watch it on my raspi Smile

fun fact. Disney doesnt have 1080 streams. even on Level 1 android devices.
Their quality jumps from 720 to 4k. Odd I know!
The 4k streams are h265 so I guess they figured their bandwidth is the same as 1080 so why not.
Only downside is if you dont have 4k tele
(2020-04-12, 23:11)flubshi Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 03:10)matthuisman Wrote: I see they use a physical file layout of strm files and meta files.
Thats better than SQL into DB.
I'll pass that onto to Slyfguy and he might want to look into something.
If he does something, I assume he will do it in his Common module so all his addons automatically can do library integration.
Thanks for your addon! Implementing library integration using strm-files feels hacky, right? Montellese is working on a clean media importing interface for Kodi, see here. This is still WiP, but some demo addons are needed that implement this API to get feedback and testing for the implementation. When implementing the Media Import interface as described here, a user just needs to add the importer in settings and Kodi will handles updating the entries (requires a Kodi build from here). Maybe you could implement this interface and share your experience).

In addition, it would be great to get a larger userbase for testing. I think the disney+ addon is predestined for this. What do you think? 
WOW! This feature has to be in the next version of Kodi! I have been wanting to do this ever since I installed Kodi. 

Thank you! I would recommend strm-file at the moment. So, official Leia builds have the ability to import library items.
(2020-04-14, 22:34)kuluba Wrote: Just a simple thanks for your  work on this. Other from missing subtitles and a general disappointment in disney for the missing 1080p software decoding possibility, i am absolutely happy to be able to watch it on my raspi Smile

I'm getting the green screen of death on FireTV 4k.
@27hectormanuel 
As per the blog post - You will get that on Android until a fix is merged into IA
Shouldnt be far!
(2020-04-15, 00:07)matthuisman Wrote: Their quality jumps from 720 to 4k. Odd I know!
The 4k streams are h265 so I guess they figured their bandwidth is the same as 1080 so why not.
Only downside is if you dont have 4k tele 
I haven't checked the playlist that closely. Just thinking about widevine levels.
I still hope that streamingservices also go for better codecs on lower resolutions eventually.
Does Disney mark the Intros in their Playlists so you can skip them for tv series?
@kuluba 
SlyGuy has just pushed an update that allows skipping intros

There is a global setting in add-on settings or if that's off (default) you can skip via the context menu on the episode / movie (if has intro).
You can force update the add-on by following the below
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/09/how-t...d-ons.html
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disney+13