Scrapers ... why have you forsaken Kung Fury?
Exclamation 
I've no clue what the hell is going on nowdays with the scrappers.

They don't find movies, don't find pictures (posters or fan art).

For example Kung Fury.mp4
If I use Universal Movie Scraper (which so far is working better than the others in finding movies with posters and such), doesn't find Kung Fury.
To be honest he find like 30 movies with Kung Fu or "something" Fury but nothing of the real one.
I've even added the damn .nfo file with the link took from IMDb, nothing.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3472226/
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/251516-kung-fury

The movie exist.
As a matter of fact: if I switch to the Movie Database scrapper, it finds the movie, synopsy and pictures as well, but I lose like 70% of the rest of the library cause for some weird reasons posters and art are gone into the unknown.

The "tag" option is disable inside the settings for good measure.
Title of the movie correct, language is corect (us/international).

Has been there a purge in the comunity or something for the lack of pictures and missing movie titles?
(2020-04-16, 16:49)ExGemini Wrote: To be honest he find like 30 movies with Kung Fu or "something" Fury but nothing of the real one.

Try Kung Fury (2015).mp4

(2020-04-16, 16:49)ExGemini Wrote: what the hell..
the damn .nfo file..

Toning it down a bit will be appreciated.
(2020-04-16, 17:55)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 16:49)ExGemini Wrote: To be honest he find like 30 movies with Kung Fu or "something" Fury but nothing of the real one.

Try Kung Fury (2015).mp4
(2020-04-16, 16:49)ExGemini Wrote: what the hell..
the damn .nfo file..

Toning it down a bit will be appreciated.    
I did try the 2015 tag as a second test, to help the system identify which movie was, but no luck as well.
It does put movies from 2015 with one word from the title on the top ... like Kung Fu Girls or something and another, which I assume "works" as intended.

Ah don't mind that, It was ment in the most low tone as possible, very relaxed, not running around screaming waving my hands Big Grin

Also I'm curious: I wonder what's the issue.
I don't know much about the script, but I don't think it's a problem of it: he does it job and find movies and download pictures and all. Could I be that the database he query upon have some issue maybe?
You know more of this for sure, being on the team, any idea? Huh
If it's a one-off issue, the simplest way is to add a parsing NFO (wiki) file to the folder containing the movie file.

The nfo should have the same name as the file (so "Kung Fury (2015).nfo") and in it just put the url pointing to the metadata on the scraper database site.

See the wiki link for more details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-04-16, 20:32)DarrenHill Wrote: If it's a one-off issue, the simplest way is to add a parsing NFO (wiki) file to the folder containing the movie file.

The nfo should have the same name as the file (so "Kung Fury (2015).nfo") and in it just put the url pointing to the metadata on the scraper database site.

See the wiki link for more details.
It's the first thing I did.
I did read on the other threads about issues with the scrappers and since it was just that movie, I didn't mind.
I made the NFO file, put it inside the directory (matching names, proper link), doesn't show up, doesn't works.

I will re-read the whole wiki and do it from scraps, I must have missed something for sure, but I'm still curious about what the heck is going on the those database the scrapped picks data from Smile
Grab a screenshot of the folder listing and also post your nfo file and we can look at it and see if there's something amiss...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-04-16, 20:56)DarrenHill Wrote: Grab a screenshot of the folder listing and also post your nfo file and we can look at it and see if there's something amiss...

Oh I'm sure there is something wrong in my settings Smile
I organize my movies in a main directory
Database-Movies
Inside that directory there are subfolders for categories, like action/adeventure, sci-fi, etc. I prefer to organize them myself, for of habit.
Then I simply use the scrapper on each single folder inside Kodi and he does it's magic.
It helps to keep for example international movies from Italian commedy movies from the 80 that I force the scrapped to check for proper italian language for synopsy and covers and such.

You can see the nfo file down there and it contains only this https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/251516-kung-fury

Again thanks for the support and I would like to stress that it's not really a major issue, more a nuisance and that I'm curious to understand how come the scrappers are weirdly behaving nowdays Smile
@ExGemini

I cannot see what the problem is. I just scraped this movie and it found it the first time, no problems, no nfo files.

You say it is not downloading fanart, but do you realise there is no fanart for the movie?

The only way to diagnose where you settings are wrong is through a Debug Log. Please provide one that captures you attempting to scrape the movie. Delete any nfo file you have for the movie.

Without it, any advice is purely guess work and of no use.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-17, 01:52)Karellen Wrote: @ExGemini

I cannot see what the problem is. I just scraped this movie and it found it the first time, no problems, no nfo files.

You say it is not downloading fanart, but do you realise there is no fanart for the movie?

The only way to diagnose where you settings are wrong is through a Debug Log. Please provide one that captures you attempting to scrape the movie. Delete any nfo file you have for the movie.

Without it, any advice is purely guess work and of no use.

I dunno what to say my man.
Universal Movie Scraper cannot find it no matter what, no matter how many tries and all. Bear in mind tha when I say it doesn't find it, it just doesn't find the movie reference, it gives me like 30 options of movies with Kung or Fury. It doesn't leave it blank, doesn't give me any error, etc.

The default Scrapper, find it off the bat with the proper movie poster and fanart without any issue and without the need to do a manual search or anything.

I'll do a debug log tomorrow and link it to see if there something wrong.
@ExGemini

Sorry, I mistakenly tested with TheMovieDB scraper.

Go to the the title at IMDB. Look at the movie type. It is not a movie, but a Short.

Universal Movie Scraper does not scrape Shorts by default. You need to go into the settings for the scraper, under Search tab, enable Include All Movie Categories. Fair warning this will considerably slow down your scraping and will increase the chance of wrong scraping of standard movies.

Also on that page, you will note Search Engine To Use. You probably have IMDB set, am I right? So no use putting TheMovieDB link to the movie in your NFO File if it is trying to search IMDB.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-17, 02:08)Karellen Wrote: @ExGemini

Sorry, I mistakenly tested with TheMovieDB scraper.

Go to the the title at IMDB. Look at the movie type. It is not a movie, but a Short.

Universal Movie Scraper does not scrape Shorts by default. You need to go into the settings for the scraper, under Search tab, enable Include All Movie Categories. Fair warning this will considerably slow down your scraping and will increase the chance of wrong scraping of standard movies.

Also on that page, you will note Search Engine To Use. You probably have IMDB set, am I right? So no use putting TheMovieDB link to the movie in your NFO File if it is trying to search IMDB.

And it worked.
My ignorance! Big Grin
I didn't even realized there was an extra menu tab under there for the Include All Movie Categories!
Worked like a charm, the scrapper found it right off the bat, thanks buddy! Big Grin
Great to hear @ExGemini

Enjoy!!
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrapers ... why have you forsaken Kung Fury?0