TheMovieDB scraper vs Universal Movie Scraper
Hi.

I can't decide which of the 2 scrapers is better, them both are shown in forum as:

TheMovieDB scraper for Movies: "is the default scraper (wiki) for Movies and Movie Collections used by KODI."

and

Universal Movie Scraper: "This scraper is currently the flagship of the Team-Kodi scrapers."

Which one is the better choice? Do it depends on version and skin? I'm using Kodi 18.6 on Android TV and Aeon Tajo.

Thanks!
TheMovieDB scraper is more of a basic and quick scraper.

The Universal Movie Scraper allows you to scrape additional information like ratings from other sites, some information from IMDB and, most importantly, it will scrape extended artwork for you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-12, 21:50)Karellen Wrote: TheMovieDB scraper is more of a basic and quick scraper.

The Universal Movie Scraper allows you to scrape additional information like ratings from other sites, some information from IMDB and, most importantly, it will scrape extended artwork for you.

Thanks Smile
(2020-04-12, 21:50)Karellen Wrote: TheMovieDB scraper is more of a basic and quick scraper.

Does that include age certifications too?
(2020-04-17, 22:47)ProjectVRD Wrote: Does that include age certifications too?
All the scrapers do that, so yes it does.

If you are having a problem with them not displaying it would be due to the skin in use and your country settings in the scraper.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-17, 23:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-17, 22:47)ProjectVRD Wrote: Does that include age certifications too?
All the scrapers do that, so yes it does.

If you are having a problem with them not displaying it would be due to the skin in use and your country settings in the scraper.  
Thanks for the reply, that's great news. I'll look for a filter that utilitises that information :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB scraper vs Universal Movie Scraper0