• 80(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
(2020-04-14, 06:48)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-04-10, 11:33)z3us Wrote:
(2020-04-10, 11:06)blizzardreign Wrote: Hi guys. Set up the Google drive add on and I can access the files through the plug in! However, how do I add it to Kodi? Can I simply go to videos and enter the path: "http://localhost:8587/source/ " or do I have to bring up the context menu for each folder and make it a strm?
This plugin doesn´t work anymore in source mode. You have to create strm, which is also better to prevent google bans
Don´t use source mode 

Thanks for the reply. I have created the export folder and strm and now all the movies have been added to the Kodi database and they play great.

However, after some time, maybe 20 mins or so, the file slows down, stutters, and pauses, and sometimes exits out of the video player back to the main screen. Other times, it stays stuttering and after a while starts playing again. These are 4k remux files. Any idea why this is occurring? Could it be a cache issue? 

Hi,

Not enough information in my opinion. Is it every 4k remux? Are the x265 (hevc) files? File size and internet speed can also be a factor. 2nd, I can't stress this enough with remux files, if you see a blu-ray file that is greater than 25GB (single layer) 50GB (dual layer) something could be wrong. Remember file size does not equate quality just as in a photo file you cannot improve quality of the original image just by blowing up a mkv from 1080p to 2160p. Unfortunately the old adage size matters lends itself to media sharing popularity and the distribution of bad files with the added benefit of consuming more space and broadband resources.

Ask yourself, why is a 30 minute episode 4GB?
Hi, I'm manually updating movie tags as they are never detected despite the exact names. How can I make a correct backup to avoid redoing all the work? I tried to make a backup and restore it on another computer but it still zeroes all the movie tags and many does not detect them. this only for srtm.

Thanks
a movie does not run after a while due to lack of cache, it has no relation with addon. It is the equipment that has no capacity. added to that, not knowing how certain things work, for example ... many use plex, plex will require as a band, twice as much as the video data bitrate.

Another point, not finding the data, is an error in the nomenclature / data of the film or series. I am Brazilian, and here some "ninjas" insist on putting the year of the film, when it was released in Brazil, and the scrappers are based on the ORIGINAL year of release of the film in the country of origin. The addon does not "load" covers, synopes, who does it is the player that is used or the program.
(2020-04-18, 00:21)Sbaby Wrote: Hi, I'm manually updating movie tags as they are never detected despite the exact names. How can I make a correct backup to avoid redoing all the work? I tried to make a backup and restore it on another computer but it still zeroes all the movie tags and many does not detect them. this only for srtm.

Thanks

Hi,

I have no relation to this site that I am linking but I this is the add-on I use and the link describes the whole process. Also, your strm files are outside of the standard kodi library, a location of your own choosing, therefore very easy to duplicate and backup with a simple copy/paste or zip them.

Gluck, Droid

link removed
But as that site violates both our trademark policy and also our piracy policy (wiki) through promotion of banned addons (wiki), links to it are not permitted here.

The link has been removed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-04-18, 22:34)DarrenHill Wrote: But as that site violates both our trademark policy and also our piracy policy (wiki) through promotion of banned addons (wiki), links to it are not permitted here.

Hi Darren,

Sorry, I am fairly new to kodi, maybe 2 months maximum and I am still learning my way around the app and this site. Also, if that addon is banned why is it listed in the STANDARD Kodi repository? Furthermore, upon installation I did not get the warning that "this is an unknown source" Huh? I have this option turned off in my settings.

Can you recommend the proper and SAFE way to backup Kodi and likewise restore Kodi? Using the standard export/import library does not work, at least not for me. It failed for me in both Leila 18.5 and 18.6.

thx droid
(2020-04-18, 22:34)DarrenHill Wrote: But as that site violates both our trademark policy and also our piracy policy (wiki) through promotion of banned addons (wiki), links to it are not permitted here.

Having gone to wiki and started researching I found that this BACKUP is listed there as "official" so I am confused!

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Backup

thx, droidly
That specific website which you posted a link to violates our trademark policy by using our brand mark in its name, and the site itself on many of its pages violates our piracy policy (wiki). Hence the link was removed.

This addon (Google Drive for Kodi) has nothing at all to do with that site, and there is no issue at all with this addon. As you already noted it's hosted in our official repo, and we are perfectly happy for it to be there and for it to have a thread here on this site.

The problem was only with the site you linked to, which has nothing at all to do with us and nor do we want anything to do with it, including promotion of it through links from here to it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-04-20, 20:08)DarrenHill Wrote: That specific website which you posted a link to violates our trademark policy by using our brand mark in its name, and the site itself on many of its pages violates our piracy policy (wiki). Hence the link was removed.

This addon (Google Drive for Kodi) has nothing at all to do with that site, and there is no issue at all with this addon. As you already noted it's hosted in our official repo, and we are perfectly happy for it to be there and for it to have a thread here on this site.

The problem was only with the site you linked to, which has nothing at all to do with us and nor do we want anything to do with it, including promotion of it through links from here to it.
Cool, thanks
Is there a reason why I can play 1080.Remux files without any problems using this addon on Kodi  17.6 but I always get the "Cache 0%" problem on Kodi 18.6? Has Kodi become worst or something? I'm using a Mi Box with 2GBs or RAM. I wish I could stay on 17.6 but a lot of addons and Skins are not supported anymore.
(2020-04-21, 16:10)thejorsias Wrote: Is there a reason why I can play 1080.Remux files without any problems using this addon on Kodi  17.6 but I always get the "Cache 0%" problem on Kodi 18.6? Has Kodi become worst or something? I'm using a Mi Box with 2GBs or RAM. I wish I could stay on 17.6 but a lot of addons and Skins are not supported anymore.

No issues here even with 4k remux on Kodi 18.6 Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019.
Would love to see this work with the new Shortcut feature that's replaced and expanded upon "Add to Drive" in Google Drive
Getting error 404 when I try to add account. This problem did not occur earlier. any solutions?
(2020-04-23, 08:34)hackmonker Wrote: Getting error 404 when I try to add account. This problem did not occur earlier. any solutions?

not here
i have tried right now, and works

i have some times, json error, and i need to delete kodi. a pain in a ....

i need to find a solution for my firestick 4k, also about space
(2020-04-24, 03:29)robertus Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 08:34)hackmonker Wrote: Getting error 404 when I try to add account. This problem did not occur earlier. any solutions?

not here
i have tried right now, and works

i have some times, json error, and i need to delete kodi. a pain in a ....

i need to find a solution for my firestick 4k, also about space 
i use fire tv 4k and i had the issue you have with the space and i had to buy this cable.
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B...UTF8&psc=1
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7