• 36(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-04-05, 19:35)baikan4ik Wrote: jurialmunkey, thanks for great plugin. Could you explain how to use fallback option? Where in json I must put it? Tried in root and in section play_movie after imdb, title, year...not work ((

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...r-Function
(2020-04-05, 19:57)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 19:35)baikan4ik Wrote: jurialmunkey, thanks for great plugin. Could you explain how to use fallback option? Where in json I must put it? Tried in root and in section play_movie after imdb, title, year...not work ((

specialy wrote where I tried to put option and nothing
(2020-04-05, 21:19)baikan4ik Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 19:57)drinfernoo Wrote:

specialy wrote where I tried to put option and nothing

It should be a key alongside the rest of them. Check out this issue: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...-607208909
Hi @jurialmunkey 

I am trying to do a custom search to TMDB based ONLY on a search string. I've try... plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=movie&with_separator=OR&query=$INFO[Skin.String(TMDBSearchString)] but it's not working. It's always shows the same results regardless the entered search string.

Is there a way to do this and how?. Also is it possible to do it for both movies AND tv shows and to return more than 20 items?

Cheers
Nessus
(2020-04-07, 11:47)nessus Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey 

I am trying to do a custom search to TMDB based ONLY on a search string. I've try... plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=movie&with_separator=OR&query=$INFO[Skin.String(TMDBSearchString)] but it's not working. It's always shows the same results regardless the entered search string.

Is there a way to do this and how?. Also is it possible to do it for both movies AND tv shows and to return more than 20 items?

Cheers
Nessus

You need to use the search function
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=search&type=movie&query=$INFO[Skin.String(TMDBSearchString)]

You can't currently search mixed type in the plugin. However, I just had a look at the API docs and API does appear to support mixed search, so I might be able to implement it. The big problem from the Kodi side of things is that I can't set a "mixed" content type and the info that gets set is dependent on what the content/dbtype is - there's ways around it, it's just that it needs to be dealt with separately as my base code has been written with the assumption that lists only have one type of content (i.e. the type set in the plugin:// url)

The 20 item limit is hardcoded into TMDb API.
https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/522eeae4...5e90252e23
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-04-07, 12:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: You need to use the search function
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=search&type=movie&query=$INFO[Skin.String(TMDBSearchString)]
Ah... sorry. I missed this on wiki. Thanks.

(2020-04-07, 12:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: You can't currently search mixed type in the plugin. However, I just had a look at the API docs and API does appear to support mixed search, so I might be able to implement it. The big problem from the Kodi side of things is that I can't set a "mixed" content type and the info that gets set is dependent on what the content/dbtype is - there's ways around it, it's just that it needs to be dealt with separately as my base code has been written with the assumption that lists only have one type of content (i.e. the type set in the plugin:// url)
If it's too much hassle then forget it. After all, it's the MOVIE db not the TV db.

(2020-04-07, 12:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: The 20 item limit is hardcoded into TMDb API.
This is a big downside. What about scrolling through pages like mentioned in that thread?
Is that possible?
(2020-04-07, 13:36)nessus Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 12:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: You need to use the search function
Ah... sorry. I missed this on wiki. Thanks.

(2020-04-07, 12:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: You can't currently search mixed type in the plugin. However, I just had a look at the API docs and API does appear to support mixed search, so I might be able to implement it. The big problem from the Kodi side of things is that I can't set a "mixed" content type and the info that gets set is dependent on what the content/dbtype is - there's ways around it, it's just that it needs to be dealt with separately as my base code has been written with the assumption that lists only have one type of content (i.e. the type set in the plugin:// url)
If it's too much hassle then forget it. After all, it's the MOVIE db not the TV db.

(2020-04-07, 12:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: The 20 item limit is hardcoded into TMDb API.
This is a big downside. What about scrolling through pages like mentioned in that thread?
Is that possible?
I wish it was possible to achieve that infinite scroll but it would really need to be something added to the actual skinning engine to work properly.

Once the plugin provides content it stops being active so it can't do anything else as it no longer exists. Also you can't really modify containers after they are created (if that was possible I'd just have the service monitor directly edit the listitem info labels rather than use window properties).

I think the only way it could be done would be in a scripted window.
Hey @jurialmunkey 

Currently, i am using the Kodi's standard container (id=50) to show the cast list in the video infodialog. This causes the list to be empty until and item is cached. 
How can i show the cast list even if the item is not cached yet. I mean, all the other info like director, writer, genre etc. are showing fine after some seconds but the
cast list it shows only after a reload of the skin or restarting Kodi. I've checked the AZ2 and the cast list it shows fine for all items, cached or not so i am guessing is possible.

Thanks
Nessus
(2020-04-11, 18:39)nessus Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey 

Currently, i am using the Kodi's standard container (id=50) to show the cast list in the video infodialog. This causes the list to be empty until and item is cached. 
How can i show the cast list even if the item is not cached yet. I mean, all the other info like director, writer, genre etc. are showing fine after some seconds but the
cast list it shows only after a reload of the skin or restarting Kodi. I've checked the AZ2 and the cast list it shows fine for all items, cached or not so i am guessing is possible.

Thanks
Nessus

You can use a separate list that pulls online cast info with the following content path. If it's not from TMDbHelper then you will need to use query= or imdb_id= instead of the tmdb_id.
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=cast&amp;type=movie&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]</content>

And only show it if:
<visible>Integer.IsEqual(Container(50).NumItems,0) + !Container(50).IsUpdating</visible>
Damn... i am keep missing stuff when i am looking to the wiki!
This one... info=cast also was there and i couldn't see it... again No

Sorry man Big Grin

Thanks
Nessus
(2020-04-12, 12:44)nessus Wrote: Damn... i am keep missing stuff when i am looking to the wiki!
This one... info=cast also was there and i couldn't see it... again No

Sorry man Big Grin

Thanks
Nessus

Haha! No worries! It's easy to miss things in there.
@bsoriano @nessus - I have a new feature which will interest you a lot if you need to create multiple variables for different containers/listitems but the variables are otherwise the same.

This function takes over the heavy lifting of having to create variables like this:
xml:

<variable name="Container_52_Poster_1">
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(52).ListItem(1).Art(tvshow.poster))">$INFO[Container(52).ListItem(1).Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(52).ListItem(1).Art(poster))">$INFO[Container(52).ListItem(1).Art(poster)]</value>
</variable>
<variable name="Container_52_Poster_2">
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(52).ListItem(2).Art(tvshow.poster))">$INFO[Container(52).ListItem(2).Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(52).ListItem(2).Art(poster))">$INFO[Container(52).ListItem(2).Art(poster)]</value>
</variable>
[etc.]

Basically, it makes it so you only have to define the first variable and then you just tell the script which Container IDs and ListItem positions you want the Template to build them for.

You can read more about the exact process here:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...le-Builder
(2020-04-22, 08:50)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano @nessus - I have a new feature which will interest you a lot if you need to create multiple variables for different containers/listitems but the variables are otherwise the same.

This function takes over the heavy lifting of having to create variables like this:
xml:

<variable name="Container_52_Poster_1">
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(52).ListItem(1).Art(tvshow.poster))">$INFO[Container(52).ListItem(1).Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(52).ListItem(1).Art(poster))">$INFO[Container(52).ListItem(1).Art(poster)]</value>
</variable>
<variable name="Container_52_Poster_2">
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(52).ListItem(2).Art(tvshow.poster))">$INFO[Container(52).ListItem(2).Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(52).ListItem(2).Art(poster))">$INFO[Container(52).ListItem(2).Art(poster)]</value>
</variable>
[etc.]

Basically, it makes it so you only have to define the first variable and then you just tell the script which Container IDs and ListItem positions you want the Template to build them for.

You can read more about the exact process here:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...le-Builder
@jurialmunkey, this is great! Thank you for continuing to make our life as skinners better.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Just an FYI that I've now split the function out into its own script so that TMDbHelper can still be optional.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/script.skinvariables
Hey, is there an issue with trakt calendar? From my end it appears that shows are a day or so off. Sorry if this has already been discussed.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2