Sega saturn on retroplayer working?
Has anyone successfully played sega saturn games through retroplayer? If so which emulation core are you using? Thanks.
(2020-04-30, 20:38)Jachin99 Wrote: Has anyone successfully played sega saturn games through retroplayer? If so which emulation core are you using? Thanks.
I just tried both available emulators today, I couldnt launch a game at all with Beetle Saturn, it crashed Kodi every time. The other emulator, Yabuse or whatever its called, cant remember, at least would launch the game for 10 to 15 seconds before crashing Kodi. So, I'm guessing they just plain dont work yet. Im running 18 still though and maybe it works better in Matrix? Not sure.
I tried it a while back, and I think I got the same kind of thing.  I'm having no luck with the Saturn in retroarch either.  I'll have to try it out for myself but I'm really looking for anyone who can show me how to make this work.  Thanks for replying though.  Hopefully were just missing something.
I just tried Saturn with both emulators and I get the same result.
I would like to see this get fixed. Should I drop logs here or report the issue in GitHub instead?
(2020-05-02, 05:20)Jachin99 Wrote: I would like to see this get fixed. Should I drop logs here or report the issue in GitHub instead?

Yeah no problem for replying, I really want to see the dreamcast, n64, and saturn emulators work for retroplayer also, I'm sure eventually it will be otherwise they wouldnt include the emulators as add ons at all lol.. think it has something to do with openGL not being implemented into retroplayer yet. To answer your question though i have no idea, id bet github though or try contacting a DEV on the forum here if possible
(2020-05-03, 02:17)eirrocmh Wrote:
(2020-05-02, 05:20)Jachin99 Wrote: I would like to see this get fixed. Should I drop logs here or report the issue in GitHub instead?

Yeah no problem for replying, I really want to see the dreamcast, n64, and saturn emulators work for retroplayer also, I'm sure eventually it will be otherwise they wouldnt include the emulators as add ons at all lol.. think it has something to do with openGL not being implemented into retroplayer yet. To answer your question though i have no idea, id bet github though or try contacting a DEV on the forum here if possible 
Although, I'm sure they are already well aware of the issues with them lol.. its just a matter of time to get them fixed really. As of problems with retroarch, you are probably messing something simple up like not having the bios files or something, bc im pretty sure saturn works fine in retroarch. Just has to set them up correctly
(2020-05-03, 02:19)eirrocmh Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 02:17)eirrocmh Wrote:

Although, I'm sure they are already well aware of the issues with them lol.. its just a matter of time to get them fixed really. As of problems with retroarch, you are probably messing something simple up like not having the bios files or something, bc im pretty sure saturn works fine in retroarch. Just has to set them up correctly 
have*
(2020-05-03, 02:21)eirrocmh Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 02:19)eirrocmh Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 02:17)eirrocmh Wrote: Yeah no problem for replying, I really want to see the dreamcast, n64, and saturn emulators work for retroplayer also, I'm sure eventually it will be otherwise they wouldnt include the emulators as add ons at all lol.. think it has something to do with openGL not being implemented into retroplayer yet. To answer your question though i have no idea, id bet github though or try contacting a DEV on the forum here if possible  

I have a saturn bios file for retroplayer and the emulator starts so it wouldn't seem like bios is the issue. I'll have to tinker around some with retroarch also I guess to confirm the bios
I'm not sure if the Saturn cores require OpenGL, I think so. Retroplayer does not support OpenGL cores at all.
It looks like Yabause has an option for OpenGL, and software rendering.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...e=emb_logo  The opengl rendering looks much better though.  I'm going to see if I can set the renderer in Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sega saturn on retroplayer working?0