Editing Movies Changes Date Added in Kodi
Hi there,

It's been a while since I've been active on here, and there are a lot of threads to go through to catch up!

Wondering if there is a way to update all my movies with missing fields but not break the sort by date added in Kodi? Whenever I update a movie in EMM, Kodi treats it as a new addition to the library. 

Thanks for any help or advice
That depends on your settings in Ember and Kodi.

Ember uses the <dateadded> node in a NFO if it's there and don't change it, even if you rescrape or rename the movie through Ember. If no NFO or <dateadded> node is there Ember uses, depending on your "Settings => General => Date Added" settings, the actual date/time when added the movie to the database, the movie creating date (ctime) or last modified date (mdate).

Kodi per default uses the creation date of a file. You can change it via AdvancedSettings.xml to "date when added to the Kodi DB" or "using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime": Link
Kodi also try to keep the date if you remove and re-add a movie. This is based on the path and file name. If you rename a file then it's a new video for Kodi and the uses the default or the settings you've set in the AdvancedSettings.

If you use Embers Kodi Interface to sync the movie with Kodi then Ember sends the date added value that Ember know to Kodi and it should not be changed in Kodi. If your movies don't have an NFO or the <dateadded> is missing in your NFO then i whould try to set Embers date added settings to "ctime" and add to Ember. ctime should be a better representation of the ordering you collected the movies than the actual date.
(2020-05-06, 21:19)DanCooper Wrote: That depends on your settings in Ember and Kodi.

Ember uses the <dateadded> node in a NFO if it's there and don't change it, even if you rescrape or rename the movie through Ember. If no NFO or <dateadded> node is there Ember uses, depending on your "Settings => General => Date Added" settings, the actual date/time when added the movie to the database, the movie creating date (ctime) or last modified date (mdate).

Kodi per default uses the creation date of a file. You can change it via AdvancedSettings.xml to "date when added to the Kodi DB" or "using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime": Link
Kodi also try to keep the date if you remove and re-add a movie. This is based on the path and file name. If you rename a file then it's a new video for Kodi and the uses the default or the settings you've set in the AdvancedSettings.

If you use Embers Kodi Interface to sync the movie with Kodi then Ember sends the date added value that Ember know to Kodi and it should not be changed in Kodi. If your movies don't have an NFO or the <dateadded> is missing in your NFO then i whould try to set Embers date added settings to "ctime" and add to Ember. ctime should be a better representation of the ordering you collected the movies than the actual date.

Perfect, thanks!

Set up "ctime" and it worked like a charm!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Editing Movies Changes Date Added in Kodi0