• 30(current)
Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2020-04-19, 23:36)Dumyat Wrote: I'm sure I read ages ago that the new Shield remote can now also be used with the 2017 model. Can anybody confirm?

Edit: The info I was looking for was included in the release notes for the latest shield experience update. Now have a new remote and working fine with my 2017 model. Shame I couldn't get the latest Shield, but the earliest delivery in the UK I could find was from the 28th May 2020! Wish I had bought one in January when I thought about it....Never mind, this will do in the meantime! 

Yes it works on all models, I have bought 2 for my older shields. Its fantastic to finally have a nice remote in all rooms.
(2020-03-30, 00:00)noggin Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 14:50)JohnyW0 Wrote: First of all hello everyone. This is my first post here.

I have a question. I am an owner of Shield Pro 2019. I used Shield 2017 before but I upgraded it because of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

I try to find best audio settings. I connect my new Shield directly to AV receiver - Yamaha V483 via HDMI. This AV receiver doesn't have Dolby Atmos Decoder so I want to use build in decoder. In Kodi settings I turned off audio passtrough and in Shield settings I manually choosed all used audio codecs including Dolby Atmos and Dolby MAT (normally it should be set to AUTO but then Dolby Atmos and MAT are greyed out and not used). When I play movie with Dolby Atmos sound I hear all 5.1 channels are working (unfortunatelly I don't have Atmos speakers, but Atmos still should work. On receiver I see PCM but I think it shows it alwayswhen build in decoder is not working eg. when I play stereo movie form SAT TV it also shows PCM, when I play DD movie form SAT it shows DD.

Do You think it is set properly and Dolby Atmos is working with this settings? I think it is, but one thing bother me. When I use Netflix I can choose Dolby Atmos sound with this settings BUT I need to turn off Dolby MAT in Shield settings. Otherwise I had only standard 5.1 sound and it is a little strange for me but maybe it is because Netflix use Dolby Digital + Dolby Atmos?

Thanks in advance for Your help/opinion.

I think you are slightly confused.  If you don't have Dolby Atmos capable equipment - you will not need to decode the Dolby Atmos extensions.  

Dolby Atmos isn't a separate codec - it's an extension to existing codecs like DD+ and True HD.  You can have Dolby Digital + with Atmos Extensions or Dolby True HD with Atmos Extensions.  If you don't have a Dolby Atmos set-up then your system will just decode the Dolby Digital + or the Dolby True HD main audio stream, and will ignore the Atmos extensions that are used for positional and height stuff alongside the DD+ / True HD stream.

(MAT is a way of carrying Atmos over HDMI and is separate to the codecs used - it's more of an output standard)

With Kodi on the Shield and an AVR you have a choice of either outputting bitstreamed pass through audio (DD, DTS, DD+, Dolby True HD, DTS HD MA/HRA) or letting Kodi decode this to PCM 2.0/5.1/7.1 and outputting in PCM.  Personally I'd probably go with the former - in fact that is what I do. 
I hope you could help me out here. I have the nVidia Sheild TV (2017) connected to the Atmos supported Sony HT-X9000F soundbar.

Under Shield TV's Settings > Device Preferences > Display & Sound > Advance Sound Settings > Surround Sound > Available Formats, I've always left it at "Auto" all this while. While playing DD+, my Sony soundbar had no issues recognizing them as DD+, but the problem was that it did not recognize Atmos.

Today, I decided to play around the surround sound options in the nVidia Shield, and noted that my Sony soundbar recognizes Atmos when all the formats are enabled except for Dolby MAT. However, my Sony receiver shows "PCM" when I play DD+, when in the past it used to correctly show as "DD+".

What am I doing wrong here? I want the soundbar to decode the sound.

Thanks!
You are in the wrong Thread. Use https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304226
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
One thing I've always wondered, Does anyone know how to get kodi to input voice searches?

I know how to do it on android, just wondering if its possible on the youtube add-on search page inside kodi?
(2020-04-29, 15:10)docwra Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 23:36)Dumyat Wrote: I'm sure I read ages ago that the new Shield remote can now also be used with the 2017 model. Can anybody confirm?

Edit: The info I was looking for was included in the release notes for the latest shield experience update. Now have a new remote and working fine with my 2017 model. Shame I couldn't get the latest Shield, but the earliest delivery in the UK I could find was from the 28th May 2020! Wish I had bought one in January when I thought about it....Never mind, this will do in the meantime! 

Yes it works on all models, I have bought 2 for my older shields. Its fantastic to finally have a nice remote in all rooms. 
Yeah, works like a charm. Much better than it's predecessor, but quite a bit slimmer than what it looked like in the pictures I had seen beforehand. At least there are now dedicated volume buttons, which are much better than the volume slider before. Not sure what happens when the batteries eventually die, as I couldn't see anywhere on how to replace them.....Hopefully what won't happen for some time anyway!
(2020-04-30, 16:46)Dumyat Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 15:10)docwra Wrote:

Yeah, works like a charm. Much better than it's predecessor, but quite a bit slimmer than what it looked like in the pictures I had seen beforehand. At least there are now dedicated volume buttons, which are much better than the volume slider before. Not sure what happens when the batteries eventually die, as I couldn't see anywhere on how to replace them.....Hopefully what won't happen for some time anyway!  

Hello,
I have a question about information given by my AV receiver when I play a UHD HDR movie on my shield TV.
When I play the movie, I have HDR displayed on my TV and everything is OK, when I use my AV receiver remote information, I have the resolution, 422 and 24 bits (3 * 8 bits ?) , should it be 30 bits (3* 10 bits) for HDR files ? or I made a mistake with my AV info ? Wink
Thanks for your help Wink
EDIT: Nope, never mind
Which settings are recomment for the Shield TV Pro 2019 in Europe? I mean resolution (4k with 60hz, 50hz......) 50Hz in Europe i think is standard, in US and other Countrys are 59,9Hz. Whene i set 50Hz i have jerky in Netflix. In Kodi whene i set 50Hz all is ok in older Builds, in the last Builds i have also jerky videos.
Use refresh rate app 👍🏼
(2020-05-10, 08:46)DaMacFunkin Wrote: Use refresh rate app [emoji1360]
This not help. Its a Kodi problem but i dont know why.
(2020-05-10, 07:09)Schrotty Wrote: Which settings are recomment for the Shield TV Pro 2019 in Europe? I mean resolution (4k with 60hz, 50hz......) 50Hz in Europe i think is standard, in US and other Countrys are 59,9Hz. Whene i set 50Hz i have jerky in Netflix. In Kodi whene i set 50Hz all is ok in older Builds, in the last Builds i have also jerky videos.

Have you enabled the Adjust Refresh rate in the Player settings in Kodi to Start/Stop? (Have you got any modes whitelisted ?  You don't have to whitelist to get refresh rate switching, but if you have whitelisted modes in just one refresh rate it will stop it working properly)

Most US Netflix content is 23.976fps (as are most movie Blu-ray) so you want 23.976Hz refresh for that. Most European TV and European Netflix shows are 25fps - so you want 50Hz for those (or 25Hz - but 50Hz is more flexible), and some European movies and drama are 24.000Hz.  

There isn't a single fixed refresh rate that will work for all content - hence the need to have adjust refresh rate enabled.  It's in player settings not system video settings.
Yes i use refresh rate in Kodi 19 and the problem is only on the last builds. With the build from 4.4.2020 i dont have this issues.
Martin, do you have downloaded Kodi 32 or 64 bit for Shield TV?
(2020-05-10, 10:22)FoxADRIANO Wrote: Martin, do you have downloaded Kodi 32 or 64 bit for Shield TV?
I use 64 bit.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1